Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harold Hamm now richest Oklahoman

Default Re: Harold Hamm now richest Oklahoman

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    Hamm is probably more of an outdoorsman.
    He likes huntting, fishing and reading as hobbies.
    I have never heard of him liking football or basketball all that much?
    I was told he was at some of the Thunder games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    They are still on the list of the worlds 1400 billionaires.
    not correct!
    Ooops, you're right. The ranking I saw was from 2012 (although I was searching in the 2013 list at the time). AM was #1075 with $1.1 billion.

Aubrey McClendon - Forbes

The impressive thing about Pickens is that he has given more away than he is now currently worth. His charitable givings exceed $1bil.

It must pain ou48a to know that a lot of that remaining $950mil will make its way to OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    The impressive thing about Pickens is that he has given more away than he is now currently worth. His charitable givings exceed $1bil.

It must pain ou48a to know that a lot of that remaining $950mil will make its way to OSU.
    OU has plenty of rich old investors. We don't really need one super donor. Would it be nice? Sure, but there is plenty of money flowing into OU.

Wouldn't it be great for the university if that were to ultimately happen! Not a Poke fan, but no rabid hatred either. Some friends have attended, and my niece seems to have done all right thus far after her graduation. Sure, I crack an OSU joke here or there, but appreciate and laugh at good OU jokes as well. Bad jokes, like the current band direct ... oh well, that's another story for another day.

I think it would be awesome for all state unis, private too for that matter, to have generous major benefactors.

Will Boone "give" or will he require the university to invest in his hedge fund?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Will Boone "give" or will he require the university to invest in his hedge fund?
    Not sure but we still got a shiny new stadium even with losing millions.

there are several people on the list that are major donors to OU .. OU has lots of 100 mil plus donors and several Billionaire donors .. OU just doesn't give away control of the AD and school ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    there are several people on the list that are major donors to OU .. OU has lots of 100 mil plus donors and several Billionaire donors .. OU just doesn't give away control of the AD and school ..
    bottom line... /topic

I actually I hope he leaves it all to OSU academic causes!

Why, because stronger academics at OSU helps the prosperity of our state. But you seem so bitter?
    Pickens was once worth a lot more than his current net worth + his donations. He has had some very major blunders and has miss managed his wealth. This doesn’t help his ability to help OSU.

But just so you will know the net worth of several major contributors to various OU cause is individually worth more than Pickens. Collectively their wealth dwarfs Pickens net worth at its peak.

This is off the top of my head. In recent years the following people or family’s have made donations worth millions to various OU causes. I'm sure there are several more... Please feel free to add to the list.

Harold Hamm, George Kiser,The Schustermans, Aubrey McClendon. The Nichols clan
    The Gaylord clan. The Wagoners. Tim Headington. Michael Price. The Noble clan
    Helen Walton + several major corporations.

But beyond that OU athletics provides more than $8 million annually to OU’s academics budget.
    In contrast OSU takes millions of dollars worth of state money for its athletics.
    As of last year OU's Great Expectations fund raising campaign for sports has raised more than $330 million.

The people who make these donations know that by helping OU be strong that it helps the entire state be a better place to work and live.

Obviously. Im not making this a OU donors vs OSU donors. Its clear from ou48a's posts that he has a real disdain for Boone, all because he has given tons of money to a school he hates, just had to get a jab in.

Back to actual wealthy Oklahoma residents, the Oklahoman says Hamm's divorce is still proceeding in todays article

I actually I hope he leaves it all to OSU academic causes!

Why, because stronger academics at OSU helps the prosperity of our state. But you seem so bitter?
    Pickens was once worth a lot more than his current net worth + his donations. He has had some very major blunders and has miss managed his wealth. This doesn’t help his ability to help OSU.

But just so you will know the net worth of several major contributors to various OU cause is individually worth more than Pickens. Collectively their wealth dwarfs Pickens net worth at its peak.

This is off the top of my head. In recent years the following people or family’s have made donations worth millions to various OU causes. I'm sure there are several more... Please feel free to add to the list.

Harold Hamm, George Kiser,The Schustermans, Aubrey McClendon. The Nichols clan
    The Gaylord clan. The Wagoners. Tim Headington. Michael Price. The Noble clan
    Helen Walton + several major corporations.

But beyond that OU athletics provides more than $8 million annually to OU’s academics budget.
    In contrast OSU takes millions of dollars worth of state money for its athletics.
    As of last year OU's Great Expectations fund raising campaign for sports has raised more than $330 million.

The people who make these donations know that by helping OU be strong that it helps the entire state be a better place to work and live.
    Like I said, not going to make this a OSU/OU comparison. And Boone's academic contributions I believe are over $100million. So hes done quite a bit there already. And to say a person that is worth just shy of a billion has mismanaged his money is pretty funny. Also, at least a couple of the people mentioned above have given to OSU as well.

Obviously. Im not making this a OU donors vs OSU donors. Its clear from ou48a's posts that he has a real disdain for Boone, all because he has given tons of money to a school he hates, just had to get a jab in.

Actually I have strongly disliked Boone Pikens since his corporate raiding days.
    Its becoming a habit for you to be way off base and just wrong.... But the pain and anguish that Pickens helped cause to ten's of thousands of ordinary people and their family’s was a terrible thing to see happen... At the time I was too busy working to even know he was a poke.... I saw a lot of people who had their lives turned up side down and entire small towns economically decimated …

These facts and other shenanigans such as his swift-boating has made Pickens a target.
    Right or wrong many still see Pickens = OSU...

You would need to be very naive to not have believed that a major entity would not eventually come after OSU with Boone Pickens past... Its the way the big boys play and its not always pretty.

You would need to be very naive to not have believed that a major entity would not eventually come after OSU with Boone Pickens past... Its the way the big boys play and its not always pretty.
    So you are saying Sports Illustrated came after OSU because Boone has somehow wronged them in the past? Call me naive because that doesnt make any sense. I dont recall Boone raiding Sports Illustrated. Either way, it was a pretty weak effort from SI on coming after OSU.

That would be great if Boone Pickens indeed leaves most of his estate to OSU. Hopefully most of it for academics, and especially research and health sciences. It would be beneficial for the state to have a strong OSU.

16. Default Re: Harold Hamm now richest Oklahoman

Unless it's a wealthy former Broadway stage producer regent intent on turning the OU marching band into a prancing group of show tune players - all in return for a Picasso for the Art Museum...........

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Unless it's a wealthy former Broadway stage producer regent intent on turning the OU marching band into a prancing group of show tune players - all in return for a Picasso for the Art Museum...........
    Bitter much?

Heard from a very good source that Hamm has decided not to take the Energy Secretary job but will be a key adviser to Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Who is so inept that he helped make the department into one of the top 5 in the country. Obviously we don't need that kind of influence at OU. His input on music is obviously amateurish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Heard from a very good source that Hamm has decided not to take the Energy Secretary job but will be a key adviser to Trump.
    Dang. Politics aside no one hates OPEC quite like Harold Hamm, that would have been for our local economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That can only be good news for Oklahoma. Maybe a couple more Energy Talls for downtown in the future.

He sent an email to all employees the day after the election saying that while he was pleased with the outcome, he was going to remain at CLR.

Trump should pick Rep Kevin Cramer as Energy secretary over me, Harold Hamm says.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/01/trump...&doc=104140628

Hamm #82 of world's richest men according to Bloomberg.

Looks to be about #35 in the U.S.:

https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/

Imagine if oil actually climbs above $60 / barrel.

It would be cool if he took a small portion of that and constructed a 50 story highrise downtown.

Thread Information