Widgets Magazine

Thread: A-frame building at 29th & Sooner Road

Default A-frame building at 29th & Sooner Road

Does anyone have a photo of the little A-frame building that used to be at 29th and Sooner Road for years? It was always a landmark for me as a child when I went to visit my aunt. I heard it was torn down years ago...

2. Default Re: A-frame building at 29th & Sooner Road

Are you talking about the old gas/service station? If so, maybe it would help if we could remember the name of that chain? There were several of them in town. It was blue and white....i just can't remember for the life of me. I can picture it in my head...even the sign, but not the name. Argh. if you had that, you could google image search.

Default Re: A-frame building at 29th & Sooner Road

Which corner of the that intersection? Southwest where On Cue now operates?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Which corner of the that intersection? Southwest where On Cue now operates?
    Oh, how I wish I remembered! A lady on another site said she thought it was on 29th street just EAST of Sooner Road. Another person suggested that maybe it used to be a gas station, but he couldn't remember the name of it...

5. Default Re: A-frame building at 29th & Sooner Road

It's southwest where oncue is....asuming we're talking about the same thing. It turned into a mechanic's shop for most of the 90's...mufflers and oil changes or something. At one point had a spinning sign?

I don't think it's the one your thinking of but I recall a building with a barn shaped facade on the North side just West of that intersection.
    It was built as a Minnie Pearls Chicken but the last thing I recall being there was a Neptune Submarine Sandwich shop.

Stan

Okay, I'm sorry - that was probably not the correct location. I think it was actually at 29th and Glenn, which would make sense to me because that was probably where my mom would always turn to go to my cousins' house on Eagle Drive or to my aunt's on 26th Street. A lady on another site says, "(It was) next to lumber yard. Was a restaurant (Stars Hamburgers - owned by Henry White?), used car sales lot and not sure what else. Across from it was a Fina gas station. MWT is there now." Does anyone else remember this little building? I seem to recall it was a little brown frame building... Would so love to find a photo...

Thread Information