Widgets Magazine
Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

The Tulsa store had 4 months of dirt work before they could start the building. If we have normal winter rainfall they should be able to open by May 21st .

2. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Agree
    I stated l have had memberships at both so l was referring to a comparison to Sams. i will clarify my opinion to a comparison of COSTCO meats to that you will find at Sams or any of the local grocery stores here in Denver, l don't know what quality ratings are at either place but l find the cut, quality, taste, cost and value better at COSTCO. I can find an equivalent steak at a local chain of specialty stores but the will be significantly more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike50 View Post
    The Tulsa store had 4 months of dirt work before they could start the building. If we have normal winter rainfall they should be able to open by May 21st .
    Remember, this site has serious drainage issues.

Perhaps the word forgot to include the year 2020

Permit filed:

Mg2 Corp., 13200 N Western Ave., retail sales (Costco Wholesale) erect, $21,583,787.

https://newsok.com/article/5611111/o...or-oct-13-2018

^

Permit issued. It was filed several months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Permit issued. It was filed several months ago.
    Dirt work has been going full stream. They didnt get as much done this past week due to rain.

Yes, went by last night and almost all the trees had been cleared.

They have a lot of site work to do there due to big drainage issues near the intersection.

Its amazing how much faster this is going compared to the Winco site. They started mixing lime into the soil so that tells me they are close to having a building pad ready.

I just got home from a trip. I was in a Costco in Tucson AZ and La Quinta CA.

The quality of merchandise and the service especially is levels above Sam's.

I returned with a suitcase full of Costco goodies.

You should see the gas station at a CA Costco. It had 8 lanes and each lane has 2 pumps in line, so 16 cars can fuel simultaneously. Fuel was 25-35 cents cheaper than the normal stations around, so Costco fuel is in great demand. The line may be 7 or 8 cars deep in each lane, but it moves quickly because of the tandem pumps, and an attendant is on duty to help if needed. I watched him fuel cars for the elderly and disabled. That's service. BTW CA fuel is approximately $1.00 higher than Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Its amazing how much faster this is going compared to the Winco site. They started mixing lime into the soil so that tells me they are close to having a building pad ready.
    Can you explain about lime?

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Can you explain about lime?
    You either:

A: Put it in de coconut and drink it all up.

B: Put it in the soil to raise the pH.

C: Put it in the soil to stabilize said soil.

http://www.carmeusena.com/markets/co...-stabilization

https://www.concreteconstruction.net...s-poor-soils_o

They're building on clay with an impressive wet/dry cycle in a geologically active area.

Greatest response in 2018!

14. Default Re: Costco

I just got home from a trip. I was in a Costco in Tucson AZ and La Quinta CA.

The quality of merchandise and the service especially is levels above Sam's.

I returned with a suitcase full of Costco goodies.

You should see the gas station at a CA Costco. It had 8 lanes and each lane has 2 pumps in line, so 16 cars can fuel simultaneously. Fuel was 25-35 cents cheaper than the normal stations around, so Costco fuel is in great demand. The line may be 7 or 8 cars deep in each lane, but it moves quickly because of the tandem pumps, and an attendant is on duty to help if needed. I watched him fuel cars for the elderly and disabled. That's service. BTW CA fuel is approximately $1.00 higher than Oklahoma.
    They also only allow cars to come through in one direction so, if your gas tank is on the wrong side of your car, you can't come through backwards - you gotta go through on the side of the pump your tank is on

^^^^^^^^ lol. What?

^^^^^^^^ lol. What?
    Last time I thought something was clear but wasn't didn't turn out so well, but what the heck, I'll give it another try.

At Costco fuel pumps, you can only drive in one direction. Let's assume the pumps are oriented such that the pumps are on the East and West sides. Cars will only proceed one direction (for simplicity let's say North in this case). This requires people to pay attention, and if the gas tank is on the left, you will be on the East side of the pump, if it is on the right you will be on the West side of the pump. You may not enter from the North and face the 'wrong' direction. That said, if you mess up, no problem, the hoses are long enough to go around your car.

https://www.costco.com/my-life-nine-...-stations.html

Items 6 and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Last time I thought something was clear but wasn't didn't turn out so well, but what the heck, I'll give it another try.

At Costco fuel pumps, you can only drive in one direction. Let's assume the pumps are oriented such that the pumps are on the East and West sides. Cars will only proceed one direction (for simplicity let's say North in this case). This requires people to pay attention, and if the gas tank is on the left, you will be on the East side of the pump, if it is on the right you will be on the West side of the pump. You may not enter from the North and face the 'wrong' direction. That said, if you mess up, no problem, the hoses are long enough to go around your car.

https://www.costco.com/my-life-nine-...-stations.html

Items 6 and 7.
    and this is a problem for some people?

Are Costco gas pump 24hrs?

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    Yes many people make this mistake. Every once in awhile I make this mistake as well.

that's why they started putting that little arrow next to the gas gauge. to let you know where it is, so you could double check from the drivers seat to avoid these situations.

granted... only in cars starting in the late 90's to present

21. Default Re: Costco

that's why they started putting that little arrow next to the gas gauge. to let you know where it is, so you could double check from the drivers seat to avoid these situations.

granted... only in cars starting in the late 90's to present
    Those little arrows are mighty handy when fueling a rental car--use them all the time in that situation! And, of course, one of our cars at home is on one side, and one has it on the opposite side and so I get it wrong when I pull up to the pumps some time.

22. Default Re: Costco

At most stations no, but at a high volume station like COSTCO, Murphy (Wal-mart) ir some grocery store stations it can be a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    At most stations no, but at a high volume station like COSTCO, Murphy (Wal-mart) ir some grocery store stations it can be a big problem.
    i think i need you to define big problem...

24. Default Re: Costco

i think i need you to define big problem...
    I've seen 2 shoving matches take place at a grocery store gas station near my house that sells discount gas because someone went around the back of the station and came in the wrong way, front-to-front with a car already gassing up, thus blocking the line for people who were already waiting their turn as well as blocking the one filling up.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I've seen 2 shoving matches take place at a grocery store gas station near my house that sells discount gas because someone went around the back of the station and came in the wrong way, front-to-front with a car already gassing up, thus blocking the line for people who were already waiting their turn as well as blocking the one filling up.
    that sounds more like irrational people being irrational then this being a problem with having dedicated one way lanes for gas

Thread Information