Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Del Taco coming to Edmond

Default Del Taco coming to Edmond

Planning Commission unanimously approves Del Taco restaurant » Local News » The Edmond Sun

Has anyone eaten at one of their locations? What is the food like?

Default Re: Del Taco coming to Edmond

i have eaten at one in LA. just another taco bell/mayo/bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Planning Commission unanimously approves Del Taco restaurant » Local News » The Edmond Sun

Yes. They have opened up here in the DFW area. Food is ok, however, nothing special. Similar to Taco Bell.

Thanks for posting this.

For more info. on the chain, read this thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/moore/33826-del-taco.html

We used to have a Del Taco near us in the Dallas suburb I grew up in, back in the stone age. I had heard they left that market sometime after I did. It was just a fast food taco place. No big deal. But I would eat there before I'd eat at Alvarado's.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post

Grew up with one in Arizona. It's better than Bell IMO. They have a pretty large menu that includes burgers etc. If I remember correctly.

Isn't Del Taco suppose to open in Moore as well?

Yes.

9. Default Re: Del Taco coming to Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Isn't Del Taco suppose to open in Moore as well?
    Yes. Last time I drove by there they were progressing along with it pretty quickly.

I do seem to remember them having burgers (taco burgers maybe?) and fries as well. My sister used to like the fries.

they have taco burgers.

I don't like their nachos, the cheese sauce is thick like what you'd get at a highschool basketball game from crock-pot.

They also have a breakfast menu, but I haven't tried it.

The much more interesting news to me on that article is that Alvarado's is moving somewhere else. I wish I had read this before Wednesday, I would have asked Carlos where he is planning on moving to...

''Del Taco opening in Moore, Edmond
    The first Del Taco is expected to open in Moore by year's end.
    • Published: September 12, 2013
    Retail update

Del Taco will add Moore, Edmond

to list of restaurant locations

A drawing of the Del Taco restaurant planned for Moore. Drawing provided
    California-based Del Taco confirmed two new restaurants opening in the Oklahoma City area, with plans to add 25 locations overall.

The first Del Taco is expected to open in Moore by the end of the year. The 2,720-square-foot location is being built on SW 19. A second restaurant is coming to Edmond, with an estimated opening of early 2014''

Read more here: Del Taco opening in Moore, Edmond | News OK

California-based Del Taco confirmed two new restaurants opening in the Oklahoma City area, with plans to add 25 locations overall.
    Wow, 25 locations seems like a fairly big expansion!

25!!!

Holy cow.

15. Default Re: Del Taco coming to Edmond

Man. It's been entirely too long since I had a 3 pound burrito.

25 in the OKC metro???

^
    That is what it looks like.

Just did a little research, it appears the entire metro area of Dallas only has about 15 or so, and OKC is going to get 25??? That seems a bit off.

http://www.deltaco.com/index.php?page=locations

I bet the reporter misheard what they said, might be opening 25 new stores this year total.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I bet the reporter misheard what they said, might be opening 25 new stores this year total.
    or they plan 25 in the state of Oklahoma

In the last three years, they have only opened a total of 26 new locations, so I suspect that 25 number is for the entire operation, and even that seems ambitious.

I talked to Carlos at Alvarado's. Couldn't twist his arm enough to tell me where he is likely moving, because it isn't a done deal, though he said it is most like going forward. He said once they find out, they have a three month window before they will have to move.

Quote Originally Posted by okcgeoff View Post
    Grew up with one in Arizona. It's better than Bell IMO. They have a pretty large menu that includes burgers etc. If I remember correctly.
    I love Del Taco. Used to go there all the time when visiting friends in arizona. Great menu, very reasonably priced and they use fresh ingredients. I think their hamburger parties are never frozen, Chicken is grilled fresh every hour, beans/guacamole/salsa are all handmade. Their quesadillas and fish taco are wonderful. They also have great promotions/coupons, Taco Tuesdays/Thursdays and an Eclub kind of like sonic where you get special promo emails/free birthday items, etc.

I like both Bell and Bueno, but would choose Del Taco over pretty much all fast food places.

Just an update on this (more of an Alvarado's update I guess). This is going to happen. I guess the confirmation was on 11/30. Alvarado's is going to move to the old Fuji Restaurant, 2805 S Broadway, Edmond, OK. They list their opening date over there as "January 2014" but they didn't have a specific date then. I would think if they only confirmed this on November 30th, it would likely be later in January. They are going to stay open at their old location until the new one opens.

Alvarado's last day at this location is Saturday the 18th. They will be closed for a week to a week and half to move. Carlos wasn't sure when the demolition would begin of the old location to make way for Del Taco.

Thread Information