Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 60 12345651 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Curve

Northwest OKC Classen Curve

Okay, I know we've discussed Chesapeake's Classen Curve in several other threads, but there is not really a thread dedicated to this discussion. They've obviously been working dilgently doing tons of dirt work the last few weeks. Does anyone know anything more or have links to renderings given to planning commission or any other "confidential" data even though it has to be filed with city departments to get permission, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cclease.jpg 
Views:	2805 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	7954  

2. Default Re: Classen Curve

It's been posted other places but its belongs here.

Elliott + Associates Architects

Default Re: Classen Curve

It looks to be more of an office park than retail space, as all the building fronts face inward. I'm sure this is at least partly due to the cemetery across the street but I can't imagine that will work well for many retailers.

Perhaps it will feature a couple of small restaurants but the rest looks better suited to office use.

Is this the Pearl's Graveside area or the area further down Classen?

5. Default Re: Classen Curve

At the Riverwalk in Jenks, all the retail stores face inward from the only road, and it seems to be working well, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Is this the Pearl's Graveside area or the area further down Classen?
    It starts just across from Pearl's Graveside and continues around Classen's "curve" around by the cemetery on eastward to Grand.

About 4/5 of the way through the video, there is a rainbow colored mid-rise in the background to the left. Is that supposed to be anything? Also at the very end there is also a mid-rise looking building to the right. Anyone? This is the one project I've been almost totally in the dark on.

I know where you are talking about now. I remember driving by and seeing a lot of the houses being moved or torn down.

CHK owns almost all the houses on the streets due east of this proposed development and I have to believe CC is part of something that will be much larger.

About 4/5 of the way through the video, there is a rainbow colored mid-rise in the background to the left. Is that supposed to be anything? Also at the very end there is also a mid-rise looking building to the right. Anyone? This is the one project I've been almost totally in the dark on.
    They are triangular shape signage towers that hide the dumpsters. Signs that lets you know who is in there, and yes there will be a couple of restaurants.

11. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Is this the Pearl's Graveside
    hah... i thought it was just the people that worked there that called it that.

It's not a graveside area, it's a park. Rose Hill Park or something like that

13. Default Re: Classen Curve

Burial Park.

Yes, I can assure you that it is a burial park. My grandparent's grave will have a very nice view of this new development.

This development will 3 restaurants and the rest will be retail...no office space.

Tuck, any idea on the restaurants or retail tenants?

I really don't know the details except for a couple of the restaurants and possible anchor tenants. I have seen the plans and am sure this deal will be very impressive. It reminds me of The Domain in Austin a little.

Sounds very encouraging!

I know I've personally been a bit apprehensive about CHK's grand plans but I'd love to see them come out of the chute with something new and different -- and most of all, successful.

Once this is built it will go a long ways towards reestablishing much of the retail and restaurants that they've already cleared.

I heard a ridiculous rumor of a "specialty grocery store"...someone shoot my hopes down fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    I know I've personally been a bit apprehensive about CHK's grand plans but I'd love to see them come out of the chute with something new and different -- and most of all, successful.
    Once this is built it will go a long ways towards reestablishing much of the retail and restaurants that they've already cleared.
    Natural gas is over $13(up ~150% in the last 12 months), Aubrey is worth over $2 billion now and chk is minting money and doubled in the same time period. I'm thinking the prospects for this area are getting better by the day. I can't imagine a more opportune time for them to be taking this on, in terms of excess capital to work with.

Hopefully you and I can afford to shop at these stores once we're done paying our gas bills this winter.

21. Default Re: Classen Curve

You mean like... Crescent Market?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtTGS View Post
    I heard a ridiculous rumor of a "specialty grocery store"...someone shoot my hopes down fast.
    Actually, I think putting in a specialty grocery store like Whole Foods or something similar would have few better places in the city than right there. It seems close to a lot of "high earning" rooftops: a mile from Nichols Hills, a mile from Crown Heights, as well as being very near I-44.

From what I've heard, if we get a Whole Foods or large specialty grocer it will be located in the space between the old Tapwerks and Deep Fork Grill. Large grocers require a lot of square footage and ridiculous number of parking spots, which I don't think Classen Curve will have. Aubrey's master plan (or dream) for the Tapwerk triangle area also includes a luxury hotel with condo's on top.....possibly a ZaZa?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsooners View Post
    From what I've heard, if we get a Whole Foods or large specialty grocer it will be located in the space between the old Tapwerks and Deep Fork Grill. Large grocers require a lot of square footage and ridiculous number of parking spots, which I don't think Classen Curve will have. Aubrey's master plan (or dream) for the Tapwerk triangle area also includes a luxury hotel with condo's on top.....possibly a ZaZa?
    SDS: Which one is it between TapWerks & Deep Fork: Grocery or hotel/condo?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    SDS: Which one is it between TapWerks & Deep Fork: Grocery or hotel/condo?

The current plans call for both in that area. CHK apparently owns most, if not all, that space so they are waiting on leases to expire before beginning development.

Thread Information