Widgets Magazine

Thread: Brookstone Village (SW 29th & Mustang Rd.)

Mustang Mustang Rd and SW 29th

A sign for a new commercial development at the SE corner for Mustang road and SW 29th was put up earlier this week. The opposite corner is also showing the hard corner as sold. Any ideas what will be built on these corners?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57004951-1B5D-448C-A80F-DCFE083207B3.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	17132  

Default Re: Mustang Rd and SW 29th

No clue what it will be, but I'm sure it will help the traffic in that area.

Early this morning when I was driving by this intersection, I believe I saw some dirt work being done on the northwest side of the intersection? I didn’t get a real good look, lighting was poor as the sun was just starting to come up. Wonder what is going to be built there?

Mustang Creek Crossing is just north of there. Prime real estate and really large property. As well as very close to 2 major highways. I’m very surprised nothing more is mentioned about being built there with all the housing developments going in.

This is an entire mile away from the nearest Braum’s…and it’s also in SW OKC…so expect a Braum’s lol

The dirt work on the hard corner that was sold is going to be an Integris based off of what the tax records show.

Far West Brookstone Village (SW 29th & Mustang Rd.)

Plans have been filed for a Jack Be grocery store on the SE corner of SW 29th & Mustang Road.

The developers are working on other tenants and development plans for the larger project they are calling Brookstone Village.

Apartments will be developed on 7 acres that runs north/south on the eastern edge of the property, closest to the existing housing development. The remainder will be commercial.

I read an article stating the development on the south east side of SW 29th and Mustang road will be called Brookstone Village. Sounds like there will be a JackBe grocery there along with other restaurants/shopping/coffee shop/ possible gas station and apartments.

Default Re: Brookstone Village (SW 29th & Mustang Rd.)

Plans are out to bid for the Jack Be grocery at this site:

Quote Originally Posted by Twister9962 View Post
    The dirt work on the hard corner that was sold is going to be an Integris based off of what the tax records show.
    There's a sign up there now confirming that it is an Integris clinic being built there.

Here is a plat for this development; Summer Moon and Great Clips will be in one of the retail buildings along Mustang Road south of Jack Be.

I drove by there a while ago, and was amazed and how fast they're coming along. The last time I drove by was only a couple months ago, and there wasn't any vertical development yet. Now, there are a few of the apartment buildings as well as several other buildings going up a the same time.

Default SW 29th and Mustang Rd

Lots of activity going on there. The new hospital, a shell station, and I'm hearing a Kroger. Are those apartments going in there as well?

Default Re: SW 29th and Mustang Rd

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Lots of activity going on there. The new hospital, a shell station, and I'm hearing a Kroger. Are those apartments going in there as well?
    Scroll up to see site plans.

Not Kroger, Jack Be.

What a strange car-first suburbian setup for this corner: there’s a neighborhood of apartments directly behind a grocery store and the store is drive-through only. Boggles the mind how these same mistakes in city building can happen again and again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dhpersonal View Post
    What a strange car-first suburbian setup for this corner: there’s a neighborhood of apartments directly behind a grocery store and the store is drive-through only. Boggles the mind how these same mistakes in city building can happen again and again.
    Drive through doesn't seem like a bad thing there. Lots of traffic, including to the apartments you talk about. If they want to "walk through", I'm sure they will be able to.

It shouldn't boggle anyone's mind that this kind of center can get financed. Cookie cutter suburban strip centers are easy to explain to investors/bankers/reits.

Taco Bell is taking the spot just west of the car wash:

Looks like McDonald's is coming to this project.

Far West Re: Brookstone Village (SW 29th & Mustang Rd.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like McDonald's is coming to this project.
    Which parcel is the McDonalds going to be on? Any update on the rest of this project - timeline for JackBe, what is going in the retail spaces, etc? Noticed a couple of names on the sign on Mustang Rd.

I believe the McDonald's will be on 29th to the east of the gas station, but I'm not 100% sure on that or about which parcel it will be. The businesses that so far have registered permits for the retail space on Mustang Rd. are Great Clips, Pho Hieu, Summer Moon Coffee, and Topline Nail & Spa. Unsure on a specific date for JackBe but their website says opening early 2024, and work on the outside appears to be complete as I haven't seen any major activity the last few times I've passed by there. I'd guess within the next few months it should be open.

Does anyone know what the hold up is on the JackBe? The exterior has been done for a couple of months and there has been no activity at the site at all for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_Fan View Post
    Does anyone know what the hold up is on the JackBe? The exterior has been done for a couple of months and there has been no activity at the site at all for some time.
    They recently closed their Edmond location. Perhaps they are rethinking this one as well.

Thread Information