Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rural Roadwork

Default Rural Roadwork

Does anyone know of where you can find out about our rural roads? They have started doing something near Council and SW104th and I was just curious what the planning is. This road is complete garbage so it doesn't surprise me they would be working on it.

Default Re: Rural Roadwork

Council & 104th would be OKC, right? Contact Public Works Dept.

Yes it is OKC. I may just do that. I had looked at the site Sid posted, but didn't see anything, then again this wouldn't be a major project IMO.

I'm not really sure what the City is doing. the dumped some gravel on an asphalt road, then packed up and left. So now it went from a crappy paved road to a crappy gravel road. With the amount of nice neighborhoods out here I don't see how this is acceptable.

Definitely turn this in and ask for a response: City of Oklahoma City | Online Service Request

Nice, use the city to investigate itself. It's worth a shot though. You call them up and they take your concern down, then it just goes in the trash. I'm just really surprised they let 104th get so terrible. Right south of Will Rogers it's decent, but past Regina it's total garbage. With all the nice neighborhoods out that away I just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Nice, use the city to investigate itself. It's worth a shot though. You call them up and they take your concern down, then it just goes in the trash. I'm just really surprised they let 104th get so terrible. Right south of Will Rogers it's decent, but past Regina it's total garbage. With all the nice neighborhoods out that away I just don't understand.
    The Action Center provides a lot of accountability within the City. Trust me. It's very useful for getting information. The Action Center data never goes in the trash - that's the beauty of it. Everything entered as to be responded to.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    (hope this link works: The City of Oklahoma City - 2007 City Bond Election

It looks like there is going to be some resurfacing going on on 104th.

Even some widening: The City of Oklahoma City - 2007 City Bond Election

Are any of these the area you are talking about?
    Looks like those are all within the I44/I35 area. I'm talking about west of I44, south of Will Rogers back towards Mustang. It's basically forgotten wasteland by the city. There are 4 nice neighborhoods with larger houses that pay plenty of property taxes. Not like there are just farms and trailer parks.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    The Action Center provides a lot of accountability within the City. Trust me. It's very useful for getting information. The Action Center data never goes in the trash - that's the beauty of it. Everything entered as to be responded to.
    The link is much appreciated.

So I filled out the form, and low and behold I'm guessing it was ignored. The same day it was posted it was also closed. No idea what action was taken other than inspected, yet the road is still an asphalt road with gravel on it.

Sounds like the city, or maybe Cleveland County did a chip-seal project on it. Probably the right tool for the job given how rural this location is.

So I filled out the form, and low and behold I'm guessing it was ignored. The same day it was posted it was also closed. No idea what action was taken other than inspected, yet the road is still an asphalt road with gravel on it.
    hit up the city on twitter, they respond to everything on their (at least as far as i've seen)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Sounds like the city, or maybe Cleveland County did a chip-seal project on it. Probably the right tool for the job given how rural this location is.
    What exactly is this? Right now the road is just gravel and been that way for a couple weeks. The dust is horrible. I did not move into a nice neighborhood with paved roads to have to deal with gravel roads a year and a half later. OKC is really starting get on my nerves with how they handle things and I'm starting to consider moving back to inside Mustang city limits or maybe even Yukon.

What exactly is this?
    Chipseal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    From that article sounds like they didn't complete the job. Says road should be swept to get the access and I can tell you it most definitely is not. It's still very similar to a gravel road in that it creates a lot of dust and you can still see the rock flinging up from cars in front of you.

16. Default Re: Rural Roadwork

There are a lot of 2 laners out there than need some major help....with quite a few of them being not so rural. SW 29th between Rockwell and Council and Council from Airport Rd up to Reno. <- this whole area (especially near the interstate) is AWFUL. The road was not prepared with semi traffic in mind and the truck stops have ensured that the road has been beaten to death.

Out on the SE side, areas like 74th east of Douglas, Anderson (the whole thing basically)...really pick one and it's crappy. Either it's one big pot hole or bumpy like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    There are a lot of 2 laners out there than need some major help....with quite a few of them being not so rural. SW 29th between Rockwell and Council and Council from Airport Rd up to Reno. <- this whole area (especially near the interstate) is AWFUL. The road was not prepared with semi traffic in mind and the truck stops have ensured that the road has been beaten to death.

Out on the SE side, areas like 74th east of Douglas, Anderson (the whole thing basically)...really pick one and it's crappy. Either it's one big pot hole or bumpy like crazy.
    In those links Sid posted, this area is specifically address as far as being redone. I was pretty excited because it's rather I go down 104th or Council. Both are fairly terrible, but like you said the semi traffic is really what has done that road in. Council could stand to be re done from reno to 104th. Through Wheatland is one of the worst spots.

Anderson Rd is also being worked on. The contract bid a couple months ago and work should be starting (if not already) out there.

From those lists there is several roads that don't seem to be touched. I wonder when they are going to get going on some of those projects. The bond issue is from 2007.

I resubmitted via the link and now the status says closed, but has this out beside it: REFERRED TO RESP. DEPT/AGENCY

Anyone know what that means?

21. Default Re: Rural Roadwork

Yeah Anderson is one that hasn't been touched. 2007 does seem a bit far back for the bond to still be building.

It means that the issue was sent to Public Works or another agency outside the City that may be responsible. I work for the City of OKC and have sent your original question to Public Works' public information officer to get an answer for you. I'll let you know what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Yeah Anderson is one that hasn't been touched. 2007 does seem a bit far back for the bond to still be building.
    2007 is when the GO Bond Election was held that approved the slate of projects. The first bonds weren't sold until 2008 and only covered a few projects. Each year a certain amount of bonds are sold and they fund a portion of the total slate of projects.

I believe the life of this Bond Election is around 10 years - we should see stories about putting together the next slate of projects within the next year or two. It takes a while to put the project list together and then have the public process and election.

Quote Originally Posted by zachnash View Post
    It means that the issue was sent to Public Works or another agency outside the City that may be responsible. I work for the City of OKC and have sent your original question to Public Works' public information officer to get an answer for you. I'll let you know what they say.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sure the roads out where I live aren't a main priority. But at the same time there are a lot of nice houses which means we pay a pretty penny for property taxes. It's nice to at least see an attempt be made to keep the area up.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure the roads out where I live aren't a main priority. But at the same time there are a lot of nice houses which means we pay a pretty penny for property taxes. It's nice to at least see an attempt be made to keep the area up.
    Property taxes go to the County... make sure to shop in OKC, then you'll get your share of services, since sales tax is what OKC operates off of.

Thread Information