Widgets Magazine

Thread: Jimmy John's

1. Default Jimmy John's

Noticed a sign has gone up for a Jimmy John's next to the Waffle House at 19th and Broadway.

That strip of 19th from Tower to Santa Fe is becoming quite a fast food/chain lane..... Now if only we could get a White Castle..... Or even a Krystal's would make me happy.

Default Re: Jimmy John's

Nice addition to our selection here in Moore

In one respect I like all the retail and food there, but at the same time traffic is ridiculous.

Dude. I would love a real White Castle here. munchies and White castle are a bucket list kind of thing. They should make a movie about it. Oh, wait a minute.

This location is open now, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    This location is open now, FYI.
    Sweet! I will have to stop by this weekend

I had the turkey and roast beef last week and it was pretty tasty...They definitely don't go after the healthy angle like Subway does lol

I like this place, the Bootlegger is my fav sandwich, however, I don't like the fact you have to pay extra for cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    In one respect I like all the retail and food there, but at the same time traffic is ridiculous.
    Wait til the Sam's Club opens across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner View Post
    Wait til the Sam's Club opens across the street.
    I mean realistically that area isn't going to get any better unless they do something to alleviate the traffic.

Blog Entries

What can they really do though? I don't see that widening any of those roads would help. I go through there a lot and have pondered the light patterns... not sure what can be done there. What's left? (seriously asking)

I think if they widened (last time I was down that way it was still a two lane road on both sides of I-35) and built an overpass for SW 34th Street traffic would likely ease up on 19th.

Blog Entries

I can see an overpass for 34th contributing positively, but 34th itself needs to be entirely reworked from what it is now (the new bridge that is obviously planned for four lanes is a good start), and probably that would need to be first. Also, there are some potential issues with widening it to 4 lanes, especially if you add a turn lane, such as the cemetery at 34th and Telephone. Also, that would create another light at 34th and the access road, which would eventually turn into another 19th due to all the housing going in on or near 34th (North of Talavera, south of Blue Stem, etc).

I honestly don't think widening 19th would help a lick (it's 4 lanes with a turn lane), and it would create massive issues in the process (rivaled with what's going on with Main St in Norman). Some of the Norman overpasses are wider and those intersections are just as bad.

Are we talking about the same street? Just making sure...

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I can see an overpass for 34th contributing positively, but 34th itself needs to be entirely reworked from what it is now (the new bridge that is obviously planned for four lanes is a good start), and probably that would need to be first. Also, there are some potential issues with widening it to 4 lanes, especially if you add a turn lane, such as the cemetery at 34th and Telephone. Also, that would create another light at 34th and the access road, which would eventually turn into another 19th due to all the housing going in on or near 34th (North of Talavera, south of Blue Stem, etc).

I honestly don't think widening 19th would help a lick (it's 4 lanes with a turn lane), and it would create massive issues in the process (rivaled with what's going on with Main St in Norman). Some of the Norman overpasses are wider and those intersections are just as bad.

Are we talking about the same street? Just making sure...
    The biggest problems with 19th St are the asinine number of curb cuts and an absurd number of streetlights in such a small space. That whole area is a cluster thanks to the planning and design.

The biggest problem I see is the on and off ramps for the interestate. People get frustrated waiting because of all the people getting off the interestate that it backs up traffic so when they get an opening they go for it, usually creating more havoc. It's especially terrible on the east side by that shopping center.

Blog Entries

Amen to that

Thread Information