Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Metropolitan

2Lanez Guest

Default Re: Metropolitan

Yeah, must have been a typo. Definitely wasn't Steve Lackmeyer dramatically overstating something and passing it off as fact.

I looked up the chat transcript and Steve said 74% OCCUPANCY rate, not 74% VACANCY rate as was recounted here in the first post I replied to. I still think that occupancy number is too low (or perhaps outdated), but I wanted to correct the record.
    Last edited by riflesforwatie; 03-05-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: corrected high to low

I believe they are offering 1000 $ off the 1st month of rent.

Sold for an OKC-record almost $200K/ unit while 95% leased:

http://newsok.com/the-metropolitan-n...rticle/5571259

5. Default Re: Metropolitan

$200K/unit

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sold for an OKC-record almost $200K/ unit while 95% leased:

http://newsok.com/the-metropolitan-n...rticle/5571259
    What do you think this means for the future of apartments downtown? With a price like that, will it spur more building/demand? Or are we still a bit overbuilt at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    What do you think this means for the future of apartments downtown? With a price like that, will it spur more building/demand? Or are we still a bit overbuilt at the moment?
    I've been saying for a while we do not have nearly enough housing in the pipeline.

A ton of units were dumped on the market last year and they have pretty much been absorbed.

The only properties under construction now are the Steelyard (249 units) and West Village (345). And even those are relatively well-spaced with Steelyard finishing up soon and West Village still a year out.

It seems the market will stay a bit soft for about a year or maybe two -- and by soft I mean not long waiting lists at most places -- then we are going to have a housing crunch.

And when that happens we'll see lots of developers suddenly start new projects.

So Steelyard's phase II will likely be sooner than later?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    So Steelyard's phase II will likely be sooner than later?
    Gary Brooks told me he is concentrating on First National and Phase II is on hold for now.

FNC will add 200 apartments as well but not for several years.

I was talking with a neighbor at Metro and we were both surprised to hear the 95% occupancy figure. But, it's definitely the most full it's ever been.

There is probably another thread somewhere for it. But I couldn't find it via search or development map. North of Metropolitan, there is something happening. I think the address is 1001 N Oklahoma Ave.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    There is probably another thread somewhere for it. But I couldn't find it via search or development map. North of Metropolitan, there is something happening. I think the address is 1001 N Oklahoma Ave.
    I may have the wrong lot, but I thought Pete said this was to be a surface lot for a business across the street on 9th? Something strategies?

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    I may have the wrong lot, but I thought Pete said this was to be a surface lot for a business across the street on 9th? Something strategies?
    Public Strategies

You guys are correct. https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...ght=strategies

That's a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    You guys are correct. https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...ght=strategies

That's a bummer.
    I get why you say that, but if you knew the work Public Strategies does, how cramped they are in their current spaces, and how many more people they will be able to help because of this, you wouldn't feel as bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I get why you say that, but if you knew the work Public Strategies does, how cramped they are in their current spaces, and how many more people they will be able to help because of this, you wouldn't feel as bummed.
    Huh? Public Strategies is a consulting firm, not some philanthropic organization out there “helping people” (other than their clients).

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Huh? Public Strategies is a consulting firm, not some philanthropic organization out there “helping people” (other than their clients).
    They are one of my clients. They help people, especially new parents who are struggling to afford taking care of their new child.

They are one of my clients. They help people, especially new parents who are struggling to afford taking care of their new child.
    I think you're confusing Public Strategies with Pubic Strategies.

Seriously though, I visited their website and it took me longer than I wanted it to to figure out what they did. Their landing page is a lot of corporate speak. Basically, a lot of jargon thst says nothing. Going to another page, I found out that they are a marketing firm.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I think you're confusing Public Strategies with Pubic Strategies.

Seriously though, I visited their website and it took me longer than I wanted it to to figure out what they did. Their landing page is a lot of corporate speak. Basically, a lot of jargon thst says nothing. Going to another page, I found out that they are a marketing firm.
    Not really. They are in name only.

http://www.familyexpectations.com/

This is them, and they oversee millions a year coming from thr Federal Government, and help needy families and those who are young parents navigate the process. They may do some marketing work, but this is their main focus.

Or just look at the Google reviews, which are basically all about parenting and helping families who are struggling with the burdens of having kids, both emotionally and financially.

Not really. They are in name only.

http://www.familyexpectations.com/

This is them, and they oversee millions a year coming from thr Federal Government, and help needy families and those who are young parents navigate the process. They may do some marketing work, but this is their main focus.

Or just look at the Google reviews, which are basically all about parenting and helping families who are struggling with the burdens of having kids, both emotionally and financially.
    I can't believe I'm expending this much energy on this but...

Do you think since Public Strategies is a marketing firm that maybe they just built and maintain the webite for Family Expectations? It's two different names and two seemingly separate entities.

I can't believe I'm expending this much energy on this but...

Do you think since Public Strategies is a marketing firm that maybe they just built and maintain the webite for Family Expectations? It's two different names and two seemingly separate entities.
    I audit Public Strategies. I know what I'm talking about.

I am not going to dignify this any further. Yes, they maintain the Family Expectations website and Public Strategies website. The team on Family Expectations are all Public Strategies employees.

End of story, goodbye, have a good day. Having audited their Financials, yes, they are the same. Argue more if you want, but I'm out on this one.

He's an angry elf.

Maybe life has hardened me more than I had realized but knowing it’s a surface lot for Public Strategies AND Family Expectations instead of just a surface lot for Public Strategies doesn’t tug on my heartstrings any.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Maybe life has hardened me more than I had realized but knowing it’s a surface lot for Public Strategies AND Family Expectations instead of just a surface lot for Public Strategies doesn’t tug on my heartstrings any.
    I'm still not convinced they're the same company but apparently I'm supposed to just take some stranger's word for it because they say so.

I'm still not convinced they're the same company but apparently I'm supposed to just take some stranger's word for it because they say so.
    https://familyexpectations.com/

Scroll to the very bottom, and you will see that the website is the responsibility of Public Strategies. Since you didn't really look the first time. I'm not lying to you.

Not that it matters. I don't love that a parking lot is being put here, no matter what. But the company does great things for the community, and for the people in it. They are a NFP, who doesn't budget an income, so they aren't truly concerned with mixed-use or stuff like thst.

Thread Information