Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lindsey Street

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by treyingram90 View Post
    I just know that people don't like backing out directly into traffic on main street...you're literally back into a driving lane on Main...and if there's a parked car next to you that's blocking your view then it's a crapshoot backing out.
    That's exactly why I like the concept of RAP. And I suppose in the long run the damage from someone backing into me compared to the damage of someone clipping me doing 30-40 MPH is going to be a lot less extensive....... Unless they run into me doing 30-40 MPH while I'm backing into my parking space.

Default Re: Lindsey Street

Does this street run though downtown?

On edit: just noticed that it doesn't, or so I think. Anyhow, a six lane divided BLVD. with dual left turns, and right turn lanes as well as 11ft. Trails would be good.

When it runs through OU it should narrow down to 4 lanes and bike lanes on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    No, Lindsey is the street that leads into the heart of the university

4. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Google Maps! /whip

But no it does not.

Personally I like the refocus on not doing another boring 4/5 lane road to Berry. However, we have to understand that traffic is going to be pretty heavy so I think that eliminates any on street parking for safety reasons.

A new corridor with wide sidewalks, beautiful landscaping including a median, and a setup that promotes the easy flow of traffic is what is needed. Of course we'll hear from those that want a 5 lane road all the way to campus and houses and trees be damned, but thankfully those people are few and far between. Even less now that half of the old city council is out the door as of yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Google Maps! /whip

But no it does not.

Personally I like the refocus on not doing another boring 4/5 lane road to Berry. However, we have to understand that traffic is going to be pretty heavy so I think that eliminates any on street parking for safety reasons.

A new corridor with wide sidewalks, beautiful landscaping including a median, and a setup that promotes the easy flow of traffic is what is needed. Of course we'll hear from those that want a 5 lane road all the way to campus and houses and trees be damned, but thankfully those people are few and far between. Even less now that half of the old city council is out the door as of yesterday.
    yeah i went to gmaps right after I posted lol But you can look at my post above. It has my thoughts on it

On edit: just noticed that it doesn't, or so I think. Anyhow, a six lane divided BLVD. with dual left turns, and right turn lanes as well as 11ft. Trails would be good.

When it runs through OU it should narrow down to 4 lanes and bike lanes on both sides

Please tell me you're joking about the six lane boulevard. That would make it the largest street in Norman. For a street that has been LOSING traffic over the past 12 years. Lindsey works fine now as two lanes, it just needs to have the street lights removed with roundabout replacing.

A six lane road on Lindsey would not only cost a fortune to construct (right of way purchases as well) but an absolute disaster for the area. I hope you were kidding.

Please tell me you're joking about the six lane boulevard. That would make it the largest street in Norman. For a street that has been LOSING traffic over the past 12 years. Lindsey works fine now as two lanes, it just needs to have the street lights removed with roundabout replacing.

A six lane road on Lindsey would not only cost a fortune to construct (right of way purchases as well) but an absolute disaster for the area. I hope you were kidding.
    if it really has been loosing traffic, then it shouldn't be six lanes. Everything else on my list remains same though. I'm going by your word.

Btw, on gmaps it has Lindsey at five lanes one way, what am I missing here???? Where is the two lanes at?

if it really has been loosing traffic, then it shouldn't be six lanes. Everything else on my list remains same though. I'm going by your word.

Btw, on gmaps it has Lindsey at five lanes one way, what am I missing here???? Where is the two lanes at?
    I have no clue where you're looking. Lindsey Street between I-35 on the west and Berry Road on the east. Lindsey is a mile south of Main Street and a mile north of Highway 9.

9. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Lindsey is only 4 lanes until just east of 24th SW then it goes to 2 lanes with a center turn lane all the way to Berry. I think you are looking at Hwy 9.

I have no clue where you're looking. Lindsey Street between I-35 on the west and Berry Road on the east. Lindsey is a mile south of Main Street and a mile north of Highway 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Lindsey is only 4 lanes until just east of 24th SW then it goes to 2 lanes with a center turn lane all the way to Berry. I think you are looking at Hwy 9.
    ah, I think I see it now. So if it is that kind of street they should add bike lanes, center median w/ landscaping, 12' sidewalks and that would be swell. Also, dedicated turn lanes to.

Thread Information