Widgets Magazine
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Street

Default Re: Lindsey Street

Yeap. I ride my bike all the time(20+ miles a day) and no way do I trust people to treat a bicycle like a car.

I heard Lindsey is fully open?

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I heard Lindsey is fully open?
    Drove it last night at 8 pm and it wasn't yet. Haven't seen it today.

4. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Not even close to fully open.

They still have a few lights to fix up and lane painting to do. Plus one or two bus stops. Should be in the next few weeks I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Not even close to fully open.

They still have a few lights to fix up and lane painting to do. Plus one or two bus stops. Should be in the next few weeks I would guess.
    Went through this morning and lanes still closed. But the city's Facebook page posted this morning that it will be open late this afternoon. I will believe it when I see it....

6. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by swh113 View Post
    Went through this morning and lanes still closed. But the city's Facebook page posted this morning that it will be open late this afternoon. I will believe it when I see it....
    Checked on it late Friday and it is all 100 percent open. Feels good! Looks awesome and I hope they get the word out.

7. Default Re: Lindsey Street

All the lanes are finished and open but they still have touch up work to do. I noticed this weekend that there are still light poles that are not installed and some other misc work.

Still various lane closures and such going on but mostly open to the full extent. Also noticed the past few days they have been cutting concrete on the new bridge. Not sure what they are fixing but to be already making repairs isn't good.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Still various lane closures and such going on but mostly open to the full extent. Also noticed the past few days they have been cutting concrete on the new bridge. Not sure what they are fixing but to be already making repairs isn't good.
    Their Lindsey St. website says various repairs have already been required but doesn’t specify any more. Typical OK road quality I’m sure.

Could someone post some pics? The City Facebook has a few videos with city staff, but no pics.

Drove Lindsay today and it’s a big change. However, the only cyclist I saw was riding in the sidewalk... it’ll take time.

Took these on Sunday; generally from the I-35 interchange east to toward the campus.

Oh wow, those green bike lanes really stand out.

What a great street leading into OU

Looks great, long overdue. Waiting until spring to plant the median trees? Will there be any trees planted in the ROW between the curb and sidewalk?

Where are the trees? Yes, it is a pleasure to drive this every morning.

17. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Looks great, long overdue. Waiting until spring to plant the median trees? Will there be any trees planted in the ROW between the curb and sidewalk?
    Still in the plan. They are still finishing up things after intersections now.

The real difference is at night.

Before Lindsey was pretty sketchy & dark. Now it is well lit all the way from 35 to campus and it won't be long before it is bustling at almost all times with pedestrians.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I'm not sure where they're actually planting the trees, but I inquired and was told they'll be planting everything in the spring.

20. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not sure where they're actually planting the trees, but I inquired and was told they'll be planting everything in the spring.

“There's one more piece to the puzzle, and that is the landscaping,” O'Leary said. “We just took bids about a week and a half ago and city council is scheduled to award that contract on Feb. 13, and we will begin work on that in March.”

The landscaping plans include trees and other plants along the medians to provide a canopy along the corridor in the coming years.

http://newsok.com/lindsey-street-pro...rticle/5581660

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    “There's one more piece to the puzzle, and that is the landscaping,” O'Leary said. “We just took bids about a week and a half ago and city council is scheduled to award that contract on Feb. 13, and we will begin work on that in March.”

The landscaping plans include trees and other plants along the medians to provide a canopy along the corridor in the coming years.

http://newsok.com/lindsey-street-pro...rticle/5581660
    Well there you have it.

This line ("The landscaping plans include trees and other plants along the medians to provide a canopy along the corridor in the coming years") has me wondering if they're only planting trees in the center medians or they'll also be planting along the sidewalks? I'm assuming (and hoping) it's both as it would look odd if they're only planted in the center medians.

HangryHippo Guest

Norman City Council apparently approved the landscaping bid for Lindsey St. at their meeting yesterday and work is supposed to begin on 2/15. It will include landscaping in the center median and on both sides of the street.

23. Default Re: Lindsey Street

One of my friends from Norman posted this pic of the bike lane to Facebook this morning.

Think they're just trying to keep from Edmonding their Norman with this version of spelling?

36378330_10156719532828338_603339735678582784_n.jpg

HangryHippo Guest

Have they wrapped up the landscaping yet? Last time I was down in Norman, it wasn't close to being done.

25. Default Re: Lindsey Street

they seemed to knocked out the south side landscaping very quick and then the north side stalled for some reason.

Thread Information