Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Maywood Apartments Phase II

Default Re: Maywood Apartments (NE 4th & Oklahoma)

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Ah, no fair. First you giveth, then you taketh away. Rats
    That's in the Bible, but I don't think Sid is God; Is he?

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Tis not my place.
    Now sid, please don't become another one of those "I know something that you don't know but I can't tell" posters. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    That's in the Bible, but I don't think Sid is God; Is he?
    Probably not. But he seems like a nice enough fellow (that is, when he's not teasing his fellow OKCTalkers with tidbits of secret info).

Default Re: Maywood Apartments Phase II

They applied today to demolish the steel building and surface lot on this site.

Looks like they are getting ready to get busy.

I hope they remember the lessons from Phase I about not doing pours at 2am.

Crazy to think this is getting demolished. Isn't a lawn company or something still using it? I see activity in there every day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    I hope they remember the lessons from Phase I about not doing pours at 2am.
    During cooler weather, it is not necessary to do the pouring at night. The temperature of the mix needs to be controlled and cooling it in the truck is expensive. Temperature is a problem. So, to avoid the problems in high ambient, pours are often started at night when cooler.

New renderings of how they intend to integrate the two existing buildings on Walnut with new retail space:

just a note .. 2nd and 4th building from the right or left are the existing buildings... the outside 2 and the middle building would be new construction

No way?! I did not see that coming but it is very cool I love that

very cool! love this city

So, is the guy running the car wash going to stay there and operate with the rest of the retail around him or is the developer going to buy the buildings and repurpose them for retail?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    So, is the guy running the car wash going to stay there and operate with the rest of the retail around him or is the developer going to buy the buildings and repurpose them for retail?
    as you can see in the drawings "bricktown auto detail" is staying they are just moving to one of the new buildings

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Yes, if you go back in this thread, there should be a link to a video interview from newsok.com, with the guy that runs the carwash talking about how they're to integrate the old gas station into the new build. Pretty cool if you ask me!

Very cool. Looks like a project I saw in krakow Poland yesterday. I will post pics of it when I get back. They are building apartments over some historical buildings on the riverfront.

16. Default Re: Maywood Apartments Phase II

That is just outstanding. I have worried about those buildings for years, and to see them in a rendering like this makes me seriously happy. Great adaptive re-use, and another example to show other developers how it can be done. The charm and unique sense of place that they will provide to this project is difficult if not impossible to build new, nor would it have been attempted here if the buildings had not been there to preserve and integrate.

Projects like these - and I'm referring to the historic building integration specifically - inspire others to do similar things, and elements like those give a city its character.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    That is just outstanding. I have worried about those buildings for years, and to see them in a rendering like this makes me seriously happy. Great adaptive re-use, and another example to show other developers how it can be done. The charm and unique sense of place that they will provide to this project is difficult if not impossible to build new, nor would it have been attempted here if the buildings had not been there to preserve and integrate.

Projects like these - and I'm referring to the historic building integration specifically - inspire others to do similar things, and elements like those give a city its character.
    All the more reason for the Marion project to gain steam.

More:

Love this.

That is so cool! I love that they aren't tearing them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Is that a Lexus LFA entering the garage?? lol

Mr. Jones (Bricktown Auto Detail) will be relocated to the garage of Maywood I while Maywood II is under construction. Once phase II is complete, he will have a permanent home there.

23. Default Re: Maywood Apartments Phase II

This IS totally awesome, and as others have said I hope other developers can implement adaptive integration/re-use into their developments. That is a cute little house, so good to see it preserved.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

24. Default Re: Maywood Apartments Phase II

I believe those are ancient gas/service station buildings from the very early days of automobiling. Possibly Phillips 66? There have been a few other examples of these buildings around town - often disguised within building ad-ons - but the last ones are disappearing quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I believe those are ancient gas/service station buildings from the very early days of automobiling. Possibly Phillips 66? There have been a few other examples of these buildings around town - often disguised within building ad-ons - but the last ones are disappearing quickly.
    Yes, you are correct in that it used to be a gas station. There are other gas stations all over the region that were built like that. I'd say 1930s era...

Thread Information