Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Maywood Apartments Phase II

Default Re: Maywood Apartments (NE 4th & Oklahoma)

The darker color is brick and I'm sure the remainder is EIFS.

BTW, this is the same architect that is working on the East Bricktown project that will be revealed at the next Bricktown Design Committee meeting.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

BTW, this is the same architect that is working on the East Bricktown project that will be revealed at the next Bricktown Design Committee meeting.
    Pete, at what meeting will these renderings be considered?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Pete, at what meeting will these renderings be considered?
    June 12, 2013
    Bricktown Police Substation, 219 E Main St – 9:00 a.m.

June 12, 2013
    Tomorrow! Eeeeeeeek

HangryHippo Guest

June 12, 2013
    Hmm... So they're covering this and the East Bricktown project tomorrow. Is there an agenda somewhere?

Edit: I found an agenda for tomorrow's meeting, but I don't see this project on it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Hmm... So they're covering this and the East Bricktown project tomorrow. Is there an agenda somewhere?
    Sorry for making this confusing.

The connection to this project is that it has the same architect as the East Bricktown development. East Bricktown is the only thing being presented tomorrow, as this project hasn't even made design application as of yet.

Also to be presented in tomorrow's meeting is Chris Johnson's revised plan for House of Bedlam on the canal:

http://www.okc.gov/planning/planning..._ud/agenda.pdf

Blog Entries

I know it probably isn't, but if the remainder was authentic stone materials like a limestone, this would be a home run. We have discussed Oklahoma and Oklahoma City not having a "style". Something like this might be a nice "style" to semi-adopt. It is appropriately contemporary but utilizes some classic elements, transitioning our past to our present. It seems to use native materials in a good way. This style could be adapted generally to a lot of large and small structures.

I also especially like the fact the balconies are part of an significant architectural design and aren't just a bunch of slabs and railings stuck on the side of the building like so many are.

Any chance for renderings of the side facing NE4?

That's what I really want to see, too. I'm going to assume it looks like the Oklahoma Avenue elevation with brick up to the 4th floor, or else I don't think this development will have incorporated enough brick in the facade to make it past design review.

Blog Entries

Since this isn't in Bricktown, I don't think brick requirement is the same, is it? If it is, Level never would pass, nor would the ALoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Since this isn't in Bricktown, I don't think brick requirement is the same, is it? If it is, Level never would pass, nor would the ALoft.
    correct .. this is under the downtown design review and OCURA not under bricktown urban design

Looks pretty decent. But I am having a hard time reading those rendering in relation to how the car wash is going to have bays in the building for operations. Those renderings for the Walnut side look like there is no consideration of such.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Looks pretty decent. But I am having a hard time reading those rendering in relation to how the car wash is going to have bays in the building for operations. Those renderings for the Walnut side look like there is no consideration of such.
    They will probably just have part of the garage allocated for his business.

It's a common practice elsewhere. I've worked in several buildings that feature car washes in the parking structure and it's little more than some equipment and some roped-off parking spaces.

Ah, you're probably right. I know Devon has one in their garage.

I think the term "bay" is what is confusing.

His current operation is all hand wash (I believe) so there won't be a mechanical drive-thru car wash. Just some guys with hoses, sponges and buckets (I assume).

I think the term "bay" is what is confusing.

His current operation is all hand wash (I believe) so there won't be a mechanical drive-thru car wash. Just some guys with hoses, sponges and buckets (I assume).
    That is how Bradshaw described it to me, much like the picture above.

As to parking -- there will be two levels of parking, with four floors of apartments above those.

Really really nice. After what has seemed like a lull for most of 2013 (outside of speculation, of course), we're really starting to get some major projects announced and some really important projects under construction

This is so exciting. If they can get some really fun tenants in the non-residential spaces, I think this could really help cement the viability of Deep Deuce as more of a mixed-use neighborhood rather than dominantly residential. The car wash is just amazing and such a cool way to handle the situation.

Huge ups to Bradshaw for this development.

Would be really cool if their plans also included a green element in regards to capturing and reusing the water. Plus a green roof.

I like the look of this project and the incorporation of retail. I have been driving thru Deep Deuce to go to Thunder games since their first season and have seen incredible change in this relatively short period of time.

When Phase 2 of this project is completed Deep Deuce will be over the 1,000 residential-unit count and climbing. It will also have 2 hotels in the district, the massive East Bricktown apartments just to the south, and 2 extended stay hotels in nearby Bricktown, and there is possibly a major residential development going in on 6th-8th & Oklahoma and a variety of residential units in the CBD and Midtown.

...If I had the money, I'd be plopping down a grocery store on about Walnut and 4th

If I owned the automated gas station just north of Maywood Phase I, I'd close it and turn that whole triangle into some kind of grocery store. But yeah, if you want a mega store, the lot just to the east of that may be better.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    It will be 3rd & Walnut. You were close.
    SE corner? If so, that's awesome! That has been my preferred location for a store since we knew of the Maywood Apts. going in to the north. It's really central to Deep Deuce.

My only concern was that the lot may be too small and it would be difficult to get parking situated with limited room.

Perhaps something smaller would be a better long term decision as I'm not convinced that Deep Deuce and Midtown can share a grocery store in the long run. Midtown could build their own on or about 9th/Walker.

It will be 3rd & Walnut. You were close.
    I feel, sir, that you're wanting to say something. So... by all means, say it.

Tis not my place.
    Ah, no fair. First you giveth, then you taketh away. Rats

Tis not my place.
    If, theoretically, a grocery store was coming, would you see it as a threat to Native Roots? Or would it be a different enough concept for them to co-survive? Theoretically, of course.

Thread Information