Widgets Magazine

Thread: Express Personnel

Far North Express Personnel

Noticed the other day that it appears that Express Personnel/Employment Services has vacated one of their two buildings on NW Expressway between Council and County Line Roads. There are two 3 or so story buildings on their campus, and the northern most building has had the signage removed and the parking lot has been empty for the past few weeks. Does anyone know what is going on? I see Bob Funk doing commercials for the company, but their campus seems to be shrinking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	express.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	5794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	expressevent.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	5795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	expressnorth.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	5796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	expresssouth.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	5797  

Default Re: Express Employment/Personnel Services Campus

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    Noticed the other day that it appears that Express Personnel/Employment Services has vacated one of their two buildings on NW Expressway between Council and County Line Roads. There are two 3 or so story buildings on their campus, and the northern most building has had the signage removed and the parking lot has been empty for the past few weeks. Does anyone know what is going on? I see Bob Funk doing commercials for the company, but their campus seems to be shrinking.
    Their HQ office moved into the south building which is actually a newer/nicer building. It was previously leased out to another company. If I had to guess they will try to find a tenant for the north building. They are not downsizing...their HQ office has always been housed in just one building.

Quote Originally Posted by okcgeoff View Post
    Their HQ office moved into the south building which is actually a newer/nicer building. It was previously leased out to another company. If I had to guess they will try to find a tenant for the north building. They are not downsizing...their HQ office has always been housed in just one building.
    OK. I thought they were always utilizing both buildings. Good to hear.

In the past couple of days I have noticed dirt work being done to northwest of the building closest to NW Hwy. something is being built. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    In the past couple of days I have noticed dirt work being done to northwest of the building closest to NW Hwy. something is being built. Anyone know?
    I think I saw a permit for it a while back. I think the honda dealership is expanding. Not 100% sure though.

HangryHippo Guest

Geoff, the land that's being worked on is behind (south) of the current Express buildings. And the northern most building has had all the Express signage taken down. Is Express not doing well? I never hear anything good or bad about them.

We talked about this on another thread but the conversation really belongs here.

Express owns three large buildings on the south side of NW Expressway between Council and Rockwell: North Office Building, South Office Building and Event Center.

Express occupies the South building, the North has always been leased out to other companies. I've heard from a good source that one of Harold Hamm's companies is moving into the North. Don't know if it's Continental overflow or another entity.

The Event Center will now be occupied by People's Church. $800,000 building permit today to convert it to their use. The permit also shows People's Church as owners but the assessor still lists Express as the owner. May have sold and not yet been recorded, or People's may just be leasing from Express.

Event Center:

North Building:

South Building:

Default Re: Express Personnel

I am a member of PeoplesChurch. The church plans on leasing it for now, similar to what they did with the Midwest City location.

9. Default Re: Express Personnel

I remember when that event center was an AMC theater. As an 18 or 19 year old, I spent most of a night on the front porch waiting for a ride home after totaling my car one late night at NW Expressway and County Line. *shudder*

Probably a better and higher use to lease the often not used events center to the church, glad to hear they leased out the vacated building, although I hope Hamm moves the company back downtown as the company grows. Does anyone think this shows how much Funk has been hurt financially the last few years? I'm hoping not, but he definitely seems to have liquidated assets the last few years without any noticeable expansion/growth.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Probably a better and higher use to lease the often not used events center to the church, glad to hear they leased out the vacated building, although I hope Hamm moves the company back downtown as the company grows. Does anyone think this shows how much Funk has been hurt financially the last few years? I'm hoping not, but he definitely seems to have liquidated assets the last few years without any noticeable expansion/growth.
    Funk went through a divorce. No telling how that turned out, he might be just half of what he was.

That's what I was thinking, as did Hamm. Hopefully both men will recoup as they are the type that invest in people and this city.

I read an article recently where Funk stated that Express Personnel is thriving and commented on the reasons with metrics (so I don't think it was just some PR statement).

I think Express is doing very well, they just don't have the need to employ many people at their HQ.

They never occupied the North building but I believe they've expanded their space in the South, as they had previously leased out some of that as well.

Probably just built and bought more than they would need, and rent out the excess to others.

nm

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think Express is doing very well, they just don't have the need to employ many people at their HQ.

They never occupied the North building but I believe they've expanded their space in the South, as they had previously leased out some of that as well.

Probably just built and bought more than they would need, and rent out the excess to others.
    I would say technology has lowered the amount of personal needed for anything HR related.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    That's what I was thinking, as did Hamm. Hopefully both men will recoup as they are the type that invest in people and this city.
    Hamm didn't get divorced.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    yet

Express is adding about 20,000 SF to their campus in the form of an addition to an existing building.

Also adding a bunch of parking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    You mean other than this case?

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCase...8&cmid=2868292

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    That post was from 2014

Blog Entries

It was filed in 2012, but I get what you mean. Not on point to Express anyway, so sorry for the diversion!

Thread Information