Widgets Magazine

Thread: White House Down

1. Default White House Down

We saw this movie tonight. Fantastic movie with lots of action and excitement. Not to mention Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum. I love going to my free screenings, and getting to see movies I might not pay to see. This one I would definitely pay to see. I would highly recommend this one.

Default Re: White House Down

Was it better than Olympus Has Fallen?

3. Default Re: White House Down

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Was it better than Olympus Has Fallen?
    I honestly missed out on seeing Olympus Has Fallen. I will be seeing it in late July at QS.

Based off the previews, I think that White House Down looked more action packed, but they both seemed to center around either foreign or domestic terrorism on Washington DC. Either way, they both seem like heart pounding movies...

I laugh a little about this. I think it's a funny coincidence that 15 years ago you have both Armageddon and Deep Impact, with similar plots come out, and Morgan Freeman played the President in Deep Impact. Deep Impact was greatly overshadowed by Armageddon and forgotten, even though in many ways it was a more serious and better made movie. Now you have Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down, again with Morgan Freeman as the president in Olympus has Fallen, and it looks like the more serious, less popcorn movie (Olympus) will once again be overshadowed/forgotten.

Thread Information