Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

1. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Quote Originally Posted by JesStang View Post
    I'm not either but a Hideaway would kill in that location! I still want a nice Italian restaurant in Moore. I bet they are charging a pretty penny for it though.
    Italian would be good.... Banchetto's was alright in a pinch and had good pizza while they were in business and Fontana's isn't bad for the price but I'd like something a little more upscale Italian.

We tried the Mazzio's concept (Olivetto's) but I can't say I was really a fan of it although they do seem to be doing a pretty good business.

Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

That's a mazzios restaraunt? Why wouldn't they just put a zios in?

Here's my BIGTIME vote for a HIDEAWAY. That would rock.

And they are always welcome to build one at the extremely vacant SW corner of 104th and May!!! (SHAMELESS HINT)

4. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    That's a mazzios restaraunt? Why wouldn't they just put a zios in?
    My guess would be they already have one at 12th and Broadway... Olivetto's has a full bar and a different menu. I think they do offer pizza but I have not tried it. So don't know how similar it is to what they serve from the pizza restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    My guess would be they already have one at 12th and Broadway... Olivetto's has a full bar and a different menu. I think they do offer pizza but I have not tried it. So don't know how similar it is to what they serve from the pizza restaurants.
    Wait - you're saying they wouldn't put in a Zio's Italian Kitchen in that I-35 area because of its proximity to an existing Mazzio's? Not sure I get that, but then, maybe I'm just being dense. Mazzio's is a pizza joint, Zio's is (or at least aspires to be) a full-service sit-down family Italian restaurant, and it has a full bar, really not in the same ballpark as Mazzio's saving the last three letters in the name. I've never considered the two interchangeable.

6. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Wait - you're saying they wouldn't put in a Zio's Italian Kitchen in that I-35 area because of its proximity to an existing Mazzio's? Not sure I get that, but then, maybe I'm just being dense. Mazzio's is a pizza joint, Zio's is (or at least aspires to be) a full-service sit-down family Italian restaurant, and it has a full bar, really not in the same ballpark as Mazzio's saving the last three letters in the name. I've never considered the two interchangeable.
    My answer was assuming his use of "zios" was a reference to Mazzio's and not the other Italian chain since it was in response to my post about Olivetto's being a Mazzio's concept.

7. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Here's my BIGTIME vote for a HIDEAWAY. That would rock.

And they are always welcome to build one at the extremely vacant SW corner of 104th and May!!! (SHAMELESS HINT)
    I agree. I think a Hideaway would do pretty well at that intersection too.

My answer was assuming his use of "zios" was a reference to Mazzio's and not the other Italian chain since it was in response to my post about Olivetto's being a Mazzio's comcept.
    ok, ok, fair enough...See that's what happens when companies start using subsets of their name in descendant business entities

I did mean zios, not mazzios. I guess I'm confused by "mazzios concept". Since zios is a mazzios upscale concept, why wouldn't they just put in a zios?

Am I making sense to anybody else? I feel like I need more coffee or something..

10. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    I did mean zios, not mazzios. I guess I'm confused by "mazzios concept". Since zios is a mazzios upscale concept, why wouldn't they just put in a zios?

Am I making sense to anybody else? I feel like I need more coffee or something..
    Mazzio's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mazzio's no longer owns Zio's

Quote Originally Posted by okbbqea
    Mazzio's no longer owns Zio's
    interesting... didn't know that. apparently "food management partners, inc." is the current owner of the brand. from what i can tell, they also own the don pablo's chain and operate franchise locations of some other brands. -M

edit: they're also the group that bought the furr's fresh buffet brand just this june.

12. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

No more pizza, sub, burger or fast food joints. We have an abundance of them. We also have a bunch of second tier restaurants. Let's start bringing in some top notch restaurants/sports bars.

Just curious, I am reasonably sure I have never been in one ... what constitutes a top notch sports bar?

14. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Tilted Kilt, Wes Welkers, ESPN Zone, Bikini's, Texan Station Sports Bar & Grill are the type of sports bar I would like to see.

So basically, take any old chili's type place, add in a lot of television screens and take out a lot of staff attire and you're a happy drinker/watcher?

16. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Xx

Quote Originally Posted by yunome12@yahoo.com View Post
    No more pizza, sub, burger or fast food joints. We have an abundance of them. We also have a bunch of second tier restaurants. Let's start bringing in some top notch restaurants/sports bars.
    I couldn't agree more. Every time I see new construction, it's a fast food joint or cell phone store. It's a lost cause any more

Why does it have to be a restaurant? Maybe it could be a mattress store...we don't have enough of them. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    Why does it have to be a restaurant? Maybe it could be a mattress store...we don't have enough of them. :-)
    Why not both?
    Pillowtop mattress dining areas with large screen tv's, piping hot finger foods on toothpicks, wine in spill proof containers and transportation to/from home.

There's been a lot of activity going on at this location all week. Has anyone heard what's going in here? I mean, assuming the whole restaurant/mattress store isn't happening...

21. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Could be a new Walmart!

I seriously hope it turns out to be something unique and good.... Had high hopes for Bent River but never heard anything good about it from day one.

I emailed the City of Moore today and here is the response:
    "Occupancy was given to Luigi's Italian restaurant. They are currently going through the inspection process now and if all goes well, can open in a few weeks. We are not sure of the concept other than it's Italian"

23. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Wonder if it's the same Luigi's that is in Ardmore and Gainesville?

If so the food's not bad and reasonably priced but not really what I was hoping for.

Wonder if it's the same Luigi's that is in Ardmore and Gainesville?

If so the food's not bad and reasonably priced but not really what I was hoping for.
    Ya if thats the same place its just meh , Very consistent, but was hoping for something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown puncher View Post
    Ya if thats the same place its just meh , Very consistent, but was hoping for something better.
    Same as the place in Anadarko and Chickasha.

Plans to open October 12th.

http://www.facebook.com/luigisfamiglia

Thread Information