Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamil's

Default Re: Jamil's

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I've not kept count but I suspect I've had more dinners at Jamil's wearing polo/casual slack as I've had wearing coat/tie. Lunches would be the opposite as any lunch stop will typically follow a meeting or event where coat/tie were necessary.
    I miss Kevin's posts and wit. May he continue to rest in peace

Press release:

A Culinary Journey Through Time: Jamil's Steakhouse Celebrates 60 Years of Flavorful Traditions
    Diamond Anniversary Special: A Feast for Two for Just $60

(OKLAHOMA CITY) – 1964: A year charged with the electric fervor of Beatlemania, the boundless thrill of space exploration and cinematic adventures at the modest price of $1.25 a ticket. Amidst this exuberant backdrop, Oklahoma City welcomed the grand opening of Jamil's Steakhouse in 1964. Today, as they roll out the red carpet for Jamil's diamond anniversary, they revel in six decades that beautifully melded nostalgic charm with a steadfast legacy of culinary distinction.

To commemorate the anniversary, Jamil’s Steakhouse invites everyone to celebrate its 60 years of dedication to fine dining, celebrated cuts of beef, signature smoked bologna, and so much more as part of an extraordinary journey in hospitality and a future flavored with tradition, community, and unparalleled dining experiences.

Greg Gawey, who started working at the restaurant in 1969 and officially took over operations in 1975, reflected on the journey: "From the moment my uncle Jamil founded this special place, our doors have opened to stories, celebrations, and a shared love for hearty meals. This is more than a restaurant; it's a gathering place where memories are seasoned with love and laughter. Our mission has always been to create a haven where time slows, conversations flow, and every meal is a tribute to the rich tapestry of our community's history."

Jamil's OKC tale began on the historic grounds of 4910 N. Lincoln Blvd, evolving from a private residence built in the early 1930’s on old route 66, to a popular dance hall and speakeasy to the esteemed Lebanese steakhouse known today. Throughout the years, each dish served is a nod to their roots – from the flavorful Lebanese mezze, cabbage rolls, hummus, and tabouli, to the tender steaks that have become synonymous with their name. The restaurant's ambiance, adorned with relics from its eclectic past, invites diners to dine amidst history – from the Tiffany fixtures gifted by Gawey's uncle to the storied piano that has witnessed decades of revelry.

"In celebrating our 60th anniversary, we honor not just the passage of time but the flavors, conversations, and the community that have made Jamil's what it is today," added Gawey. "Join us in marking this milestone with a special dinner for two, a toast to tradition and to many years ahead, all for the celebratory price of $60."

The 60th anniversary dine-in-only limited-time dinner special includes entrée choice of an 11 oz KC sirloin, grilled salmon, or jumbo fried shrimp with all appetizers and baked potato included.

Jamil's commitment to excellence and its homage to history has cemented its status as a cornerstone of Oklahoma's culinary scene. For more details about Jamil’s 60th-anniversary celebrations and to reserve a table, visit Jamil's Steakhouse OKC.

3. Default Re: Jamil's

The Bolo Burger at Jamil's is a burger everyone needs to experience at least once in their life...... Much to my doctor's chagrin I've experienced it multiple times.

Jamil's has been a family favorite since I was a young child. Have always liked Greg Gawey as well outside the restaurant, just a super nice guy. Amazing run for sure! Hope they have many more successful years!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Press release:

A Culinary Journey Through Time: Jamil's Steakhouse Celebrates 60 Years of Flavorful Traditions
    Diamond Anniversary Special: A Feast for Two for Just $60

(OKLAHOMA CITY) – 1964: A year charged with the electric fervor of Beatlemania, the boundless thrill of space exploration and cinematic adventures at the modest price of $1.25 a ticket. Amidst this exuberant backdrop, Oklahoma City welcomed the grand opening of Jamil's Steakhouse in 1964. Today, as they roll out the red carpet for Jamil's diamond anniversary, they revel in six decades that beautifully melded nostalgic charm with a steadfast legacy of culinary distinction.

To commemorate the anniversary, Jamil’s Steakhouse invites everyone to celebrate its 60 years of dedication to fine dining, celebrated cuts of beef, signature smoked bologna, and so much more as part of an extraordinary journey in hospitality and a future flavored with tradition, community, and unparalleled dining experiences.

Greg Gawey, who started working at the restaurant in 1969 and officially took over operations in 1975, reflected on the journey: "From the moment my uncle Jamil founded this special place, our doors have opened to stories, celebrations, and a shared love for hearty meals. This is more than a restaurant; it's a gathering place where memories are seasoned with love and laughter. Our mission has always been to create a haven where time slows, conversations flow, and every meal is a tribute to the rich tapestry of our community's history."

Jamil's OKC tale began on the historic grounds of 4910 N. Lincoln Blvd, evolving from a private residence built in the early 1930’s on old route 66, to a popular dance hall and speakeasy to the esteemed Lebanese steakhouse known today. Throughout the years, each dish served is a nod to their roots – from the flavorful Lebanese mezze, cabbage rolls, hummus, and tabouli, to the tender steaks that have become synonymous with their name. The restaurant's ambiance, adorned with relics from its eclectic past, invites diners to dine amidst history – from the Tiffany fixtures gifted by Gawey's uncle to the storied piano that has witnessed decades of revelry.

"In celebrating our 60th anniversary, we honor not just the passage of time but the flavors, conversations, and the community that have made Jamil's what it is today," added Gawey. "Join us in marking this milestone with a special dinner for two, a toast to tradition and to many years ahead, all for the celebratory price of $60."

The 60th anniversary dine-in-only limited-time dinner special includes entrée choice of an 11 oz KC sirloin, grilled salmon, or jumbo fried shrimp with all appetizers and baked potato included.

Jamil's commitment to excellence and its homage to history has cemented its status as a cornerstone of Oklahoma's culinary scene. For more details about Jamil’s 60th-anniversary celebrations and to reserve a table, visit Jamil's Steakhouse OKC.
    NM, misread.

Thread Information