Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Quail Springs Mall

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

It was a Warner Bothers store at Penn Square. Different franchise but similar set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Went to Quail today and there are a ton of closed spaces. Not sure what all the hype is about. I was extremely disappointed with how many closed storefronts there were. And the Cash n gold store where Pearl Vision used to be seems to be the norm. There are a lot of businesses opening up like that.
    The mall has suffered lately because some national chains such as Wet Seal closing plus shuffling to prepare for H&M. Hopefully once H&M opens the mall will be able to attract some additional quality tenants. It's never a good sign though when you start seeing stores like Cash N Gold replace national tenants.

OKC is large enough for two thriving malls, especially with Penn Square being such a small mall. Quail Springs being so close to the booming high-income suburban growth in NW OKC and Edmond is in too good of a location to fail. Anybody who thinks the shopping mall concept is dead should take a trip to Dallas.

Quail is struggling even among the national retailers. I know they're struggling, but the entire Abercrombie chain moved all 3 of their stores out of the mall. Disney store closed....they had plenty of other empty locations where they could've relocated. Limited no longer has a presence in the mall. Gap has consolidated.

Quail is just missing a lot of the more upscale retailers that you see in more common malls, like J. Crew, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Chicos, Cache, White House Black Market, Jos A Bank, Coldwater Creek, Sephora, Eddie Bauer, Michael Kors, Coach, Apple Store, Microsoft Store, J. Jill, Pottery Barn, Brookstone, Limited, Vera Bradley, Fossil, Abercombie and Fitch, Williams Sonoma, Build a Bear, Gymboree, just to name a few.

Coldwater Creek is out of business nationally. Abercrombie's popularity has been plummeting since the late 2000s so its not really surprising they pulled out. Some of those others could and should have locations in Quail Springs. Disney should have relocated rather than pulling out completely. It really is worrisome. I remember in the early 2000s Crossroads slowly started to bleed national tenants and replace them with poorly-run mom and pop stores. If GGP doesn't turn it around, Quail could be going down the same path. If it wasn't for Von Maur and H&M, I would say the ship has already sailed.

There is a lot of new development along Memorial and these higher end stores would rather be at places like Chisholm Creek than Quail Springs mall. If Warren or someone else ever decides to build a nicer theater along Memorial that will be the end of Quail Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    There is a lot of new development along Memorial and these higher end stores would rather be at places like Chisholm Creek than Quail Springs mall. If Warren or someone else ever decides to build a nicer theater along Memorial that will be the end of Quail Springs.
    I think you may be right. I personally can't stand the QSM theater and wish there was a more up to date option in north OKC. It's nowhere near as comfortable, the sound system isn't as good, and the screens are smaller than the Harkins or even Cinemark. If Chisholm Creek adds a theater I have a feeling that will be it for QSM.

There was going to be a Warren not far from there, but it never happened, which is too bad.

With all the closures and shifting, where is there space in the mall for H&M who needs two levels?

I think the rumor was it was going in front of the food court area, where the Disney store was and I think aeropostale or one of those stores.

Yeah it's going in where Abercrombie , Journey's , Disney Store, Francesca's and Ruth's used to be apparently. Journey's is moving next to Aeropostale where Suncoast used to be and not sure about Francesca's.

Good news. This is big for OKC and for Quail Springs Mall.

Blog Entries

So, QSM isn't dead after all? Not the next Crossroads?

This is a really good addition for QSM. It brings a good demographic draw...young, more fashion forward (but not too much so). My wife has been a H&M shopper from years back when we were spending a lot of time in Europe. She is excited.

Now, if we could land a Zara it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Good news. This is big for OKC and for Quail Springs Mall.
    so do you promise to stop saying the mall is dying?

Quail dying??? Bwahahahaha, Far from it!!!

This is really really big. Hopefully jc Penny closes and a Nordstrom comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    so do you promise to stop saying the mall is dying?
    No, they might as well rename the mall Crossroads because that's the way it's headed. J/K!

Seriously though before Von Maur and now H&M, the mall was starting to look like the Tulsa Promenade which is definitely in a state of decline. The owners acted just in time. Now if only they would remodel Dillard's and Macy's and upgrade the Theater.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    This is really really big. Hopefully jc Penny closes and a Nordstrom comes in.
    If this were to happen I would rather see it at Penn than Quail.

No, they might as well rename the mall Crossroads because that's the way it's headed. J/K!

Seriously though before Von Maur and now H&M, the mall was starting to look like the Tulsa Promenade which is definitely in a state of decline. The owners acted just in time. Now if only they would remodel Dillard's and Macy's and upgrade the Theater.

Yea, Nordstrom's would be better at Penn plus I like JCPenney at Quail!!!

Agreed if it wasn't for H&M and Von Maur, Quail would be Crossroads 2.0/Promenade and most likely Macy's and/or Dillards would've moved to Chisolm Creek.
    For some reason I can't imagine a Nordstrom right near a Nordstrom Rack. And yeah Tulsa promenade has been on a slow decline for years, They've lost tenants like GAP, Pacsun, Express and most recently Lane Bryant Deb and Body Central. They're trying to renovate the mall and bring in more tenants, but I can't see that saving Promenade especially if an outlet mall (or 3) is built in Tulsa.

I think Nordstrom rack killed that plus the proximity to edmond and turnpike access would be appealing to locate to QSM.

I don't think there is any chance Oklahoma is going to get a Nordstrom any time soon but it won't be because of Nordstrom Rack.

Out here, there are several locations where both stores are almost next to each other.

The OKCtalk facebook page is blowing up, getting close to 200 likes on the H&M update.

If you haven't liked OKCtalk on FB yet, please do so & share the updates! https://www.facebook.com/OKCTalk?fref=nf

In no way has Quail ever started to resemble the Tulsa Prominade...not even close.

25. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't think there is any chance Oklahoma is going to get a Nordstrom any time soon but it won't be because of Nordstrom Rack.

Out here, there are several locations where both stores are almost next to each other.
    Agreed. I don't see it happening for quite some time. However, given the proximity of the Rack to PSM, it's not entirely out of the question. Nordstrom Rack is designed to grow its customers into full-line Nordstrom customers. Depending on how well Rack does that job in OKC could determine a future full-line store.

Thread Information