Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Quail Springs Mall

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    You keep trying to convince everyone QSM is in trouble and it's clearly not. Nor is the growing area around it.
    When did I post that? Now that Von Maur is coming soon and H&M looks likely, my opinion has changed on the future direction of Quail Springs. If Von Maur wouldn't have agreed to come, I would stand by my previous statements that QSM is in the early stages of going the Crossroads way.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    When did I post that? Now that Von Maur is coming soon and H&M looks likely, my opinion has changed on the future direction of Quail Springs. If Von Maur wouldn't have agreed to come, I would stand by my previous statements that QSM is in the early stages of going the Crossroads way.
    The area around QSM is super wealthy. Don't think anything was ever in trouble there. Just need to find their niche as a mall, now, with all the new tenants.

QSM has a new sign.

I find it weird that H&M is rumored to be going here. I mean I'll definitely take it, but I wonder if they're holding out to see if they can get a spot at Penn Square. That mall is way more their style and demographic.

FWIW, Quail and Crossroads are polar opposite cases. Crossroads is literally a victim of it's location. I always felt like they invested in entertainment for kids and tried to keep stores with cheap rent. But unfortunately, shop-lifting and extra-curricular activity is so rampant there, it's just difficult to set up an honest business. All big boxes left because they were getting robbed so frequently. You'd be surprised at how blatant shop-lifting was.

Quail on the other hand, is in literally the most perfect position for a mall. If you drive around there, it is dictionary definition of suburbia. Huge houses, 3 cars, 2.5 kids, and tons of disposable income (I know that's over-generalizing, but you get my point). Quail has just been lazy and basically relied on it's AMC traffic to drive sales. It's so stuffy and out-dated, not to mention the lack of quality stores. I equate it to being the "bricktown" of okc malls. There's a better version of each store at Penn or the Outlet.

So yes, both malls may be similar in the fact that they could have failed without drastic action, but for completely opposite reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    I find it weird that H&M is rumored to be going here. I mean I'll definitely take it, but I wonder if they're holding out to see if they can get a spot at Penn Square. That mall is way more their style and demographic.

FWIW, Quail and Crossroads are polar opposite cases. Crossroads is literally a victim of it's location. I always felt like they invested in entertainment for kids and tried to keep stores with cheap rent. But unfortunately, shop-lifting and extra-curricular activity is so rampant there, it's just difficult to set up an honest business. All big boxes left because they were getting robbed so frequently. You'd be surprised at how blatant shop-lifting was.

Quail on the other hand, is in literally the most perfect position for a mall. If you drive around there, it is dictionary definition of suburbia. Huge houses, 3 cars, 2.5 kids, and tons of disposable income (I know that's over-generalizing, but you get my point). Quail has just been lazy and basically relied on it's AMC traffic to drive sales. It's so stuffy and out-dated, not to mention the lack of quality stores. I equate it to being the "bricktown" of okc malls. There's a better version of each store at Penn or the Outlet.

So yes, both malls may be similar in the fact that they could have failed without drastic action, but for completely opposite reasons.
    Agree with this.

Quail at least appears to be trying to right the ship before its too late. It still has a long way to go though. It could be so much better than it is. In fact I would say Quail Springs Mall actually has MORE potential than Penn thanks to being a larger mall with more room for future expansion as well as in the middle of OKC's fastest growing suburban area. I hope H&M does end up at Quail because that will give it yet another shot in the arm in addition to Von Maur. In addition, I really wish Dillard's and Macy's would update their Quail locations. They are terribly outdated and even lack a lot of the merchandise that the Penn locations have.

Have to start somewhere. Von Maur is out of place compared to the rest of the mall.

H&M would work well for both Penn Square and Quail Springs Mall. H&M is not considered upscale. It sells nice, stylish clothes and very reasonable prices and they continually rotate and add new stuff to their merchandising. It constantly rotates and changes with new clothing. The stores here in DFW are constantly busy. Hope this does work out for QSM.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    H&M would work well for both Penn Square and Quail Springs Mall. H&M is not considered upscale. It sells nice, stylish clothes and very reasonable prices and they continually rotate and add new stuff to their merchandising. It constantly rotates and changes with new clothing. The stores here in DFW are constantly busy. Hope this does work out for QSM.
    I'm not hoping it fails or doesn't work out. Quite the opposite actually, I'm a huge fan and hope it comes soon. It's just that H&M fits perfectly with the Penn Square vibe and kind of conflicts with QSM's. Penn got a major win with the full sized Forever XXI, and implemented renovations that complement that big catch. Bringing an H&M to compliment Von Maur just feels a little dis-jointed.

Again, not complaining. I'm actually more curious as to why H&M would have any interest in Von Maur's success (alluded earlier in this thread). I don't think they could have a more opposite target market. Hopefully this means that Quail actually has a much larger master plan that does excite H&M (or similar retailers).

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall --- Finally, it's own thread.

Stay out of the picasso store. It isn't what I thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    QSM has a new sign.

They seem to have actually gone BACK a decade instead of trying to modernize. Classy I guess, but kind of an odd move to go with 60's carnival font.

They seem to have actually gone BACK a decade instead of trying to modernize. Classy I guess, but kind of an odd move to go with 60's carnival font.
    I think it looks more like the flat design style that's been popularized by mobile apps. There's a reason that mobile apps use that style, though. It gives you faster load times. I see this QSM redesign as becoming very dated very quickly.

Far North Re: Quail Springs Mall

So heard from a reliable source that not only will shifting and construction begin in 2015 for h&m but also where it will be located. If what I heard is correct it will be 2 stories over looking the food court, bottom level between Buckle and AE and top level between Luca and zoomeys.

From what I heard disney and franchescas space or lease were bought out ( I think disney is moving to Penn Square and not sure and Franchescas) The deal would also include Journeys moving to a new spot, the old Abercrombie location, and I think Ruth's Christian book and maybe Zoomeys.

There's probably more to come on this deal but this is Huge for QSM. H&M is not a high end retailer but they attact almost every demographic and are very hot right now. With this news, Von Mar, Top Golf and Cabellas area, the mcarthur restaurant blow up,Main event and the continued development around QSM this in my opinion balances the whole memorial 2-3 mile stretch way more desirable than NW expressways Penn Square and company. Now before everyone says QSM can't compare to Penn that's not what I said, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardsfan View Post
    So heard from a reliable source that not only will shifting and construction begin in 2015 for h&m but also where it will be located. If what I heard is correct it will be 2 stories over looking the food court, bottom level between Buckle and AE and top level between Luca and zoomeys.

From what I heard disney and franchescas space or lease were bought out ( I think disney is moving to Penn Square and not sure and Franchescas) The deal would also include Journeys moving to a new spot, the old Abercrombie location, and I think Ruth's Christian book and maybe Zoomeys.

There's probably more to come on this deal but this is Huge for QSM. H&M is not a high end retailer but they attact almost every demographic and are very hot right now. With this news, Von Mar, Top Golf and Cabellas area, the mcarthur restaurant blow up,Main event and the continued development around QSM this in my opinion balances the whole memorial 2-3 mile stretch way more desirable than NW expressways Penn Square and company. Now before everyone says QSM can't compare to Penn that's not what I said, lol.
    Pete or somebody in the know, can you confirm any of this?

Really the only place it could go. Not many areas in Quail Springs were the two levels actually line up perfectly. I think we have speculated in the past that it would go in this spot.

I've been told that QS continues to shuffle people around to make room for H&M.

What cardsfan describes makes perfect sense and is in keeping with what I had learned previously.

The mall isn't going to make anything public until a lease is signed, but I think they are getting close.

And even though H&M is no high-end, they tend to be located in higher-end, fashion forward developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've been told that QS continues to shuffle people around to make room for H&M.

What cardsfan describes makes perfect sense and is in keeping with what I had learned previously.

The mall isn't going to make anything public until a lease is signed, but I think they are getting close.

And even though H&M is no high-end, they tend to be located in higher-end, fashion forward developments.
    I completely agree. H&M at QSM is a very good sign for the direction the mall is headed. This plus Von Maur should make the mall even more attractive to retailers looking to enter the OKC market. It also helps that its right in the middle of a fast-growing, high-income suburban area. Personally I think in the long run QSM has more potential than Penn. I do wonder how long it will be though before Dillard's and Macy's decide to remodel their QSM stores.

Blog Entries

It's not QSM vs. PSM. Both have very good futures. Both are upping their games.

Wet Seal and Disney are closing up. I really hope this is part of H&M and not the mall starting to fall.

Some Retails Stores To Close In OKC - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Wet Seal and Disney are closing up. I really hope this is part of H&M and not the mall starting to fall.

Some Retails Stores To Close In OKC - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |
    Wet Seal is having financial problems and is closing well over 2/3 of their stores, also Body Central is closing at QSM ( and every other mall) as well due to similar problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I really hope this is part of H&M and not the mall starting to fall.
    |[/url]
    Good grief man.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Good grief man.
    I'm just saying, this is how it can start out. I'm not really at all worried, but if H&M backs out, then I might be.

They really need to expand the mall in order to attract more tenants and maybe a renovation. They've lost about 5 tenants due to some Shoe place wanting a space in the mall next to El Chico and are likely to lose 6 more if H and M comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    They really need to expand the mall in order to attract more tenants and maybe a renovation. They've lost about 5 tenants due to some Shoe place wanting a space in the mall next to El Chico and are likely to lose 6 more if H and M comes in.
    Honestly, most malls could lose five tenants and it would be a good thing. Think about the Cash N Gold, C&C Market Research, Brow Art 23, Hear Again and one of the three optometrist stores going out and being replaced by a small, yet higher end store like Kate Spade, Tory Burch, Burberry or Prada (usually smaller stores). Maybe some of those retailers are looking in the OKC but can't find the right location. If H&M comes in to that middle space and six retailers move out, more will move in due to H&M being there. Although I don't consider it high end, it is definitely well thought of and brings in a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Honestly, most malls could lose five tenants and it would be a good thing. Think about the Cash N Gold, C&C Market Research, Brow Art 23, Hear Again and one of the three optometrist stores going out and being replaced by a small, yet higher end store like Kate Spade, Tory Burch, Burberry or Prada (usually smaller stores). Maybe some of those retailers are looking in the OKC but can't find the right location. If H&M comes in to that middle space and six retailers move out, more will move in due to H&M being there. Although I don't consider it high end, it is definitely well thought of and brings in a lot of people.
    Agree with this.

H&M is not high end but it usually tends to locate in nicer shopping centers. I think it's best for OKC as a whole if Quail Springs and Penn Square complement each other rather than compete, with both being attractive, upper mid-tier malls each offering a large number of stores that the other doesn't.

The Disney Store's lease was up and H&M was able to outbid them for the space. It is a shame for us that have kids that love Disney. The staff at that store was always polite and were some really good people.

Thread Information