Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Urban Johnnie

Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Buy a multi brand/function remote. Learn what pub has what brand of tv. Print off code list. Hilarity will ensue.
    Most cell phones can do that these days.

I went with a group on Friday night and I was impressed. The food was good. You could tell the servers were still working out kinks, but they did well overall. I was surprised that there was no wait for a table of 6 on a Friday night at 6:30pm. We were seated immediately and the community table on the first floor was empty for the first 20-30 minutes we were there. The rest of the place was packed though and the outdoor seating crowd had a very Uptown Dallas feel to them. Anyway, it definitely provides an urban experience that OKC needed. While I think they picked the right spot, I only wish LEVEL had added in more restaurant/retail spaces...

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    While I think they picked the right spot, I only wish LEVEL had added in more restaurant/retail spaces...
    ??? Not sure what you mean by that. Almost the entirety of Level's ground-floor is restaurant/retail. Compare the amount of space Level dedicated to r/r to other nearby developments (coughmaywoodaptscough). Level's developers took a huge gamble - it took more than a year for the space to be filled out from a r/r standpoint, whereas they would've easily leased the space out as apartments right from the get-go. Finally we have what I think is a transformative space for urban living in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    ??? Not sure what you mean by that. Almost the entirety of Level's ground-floor is restaurant/retail. Compare the amount of space Level dedicated to r/r to other nearby developments (coughmaywoodaptscough). Level's developers took a huge gamble - it took more than a year for the space to be filled out from a r/r standpoint, whereas they would've easily leased the space out as apartments right from the get-go. Finally we have what I think is a transformative space for urban living in OKC.
    There are only 2 restaurant/retail spaces in level. The rest is the apartment office and apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    There are only 2 restaurant/retail spaces in level. The rest is the apartment office and apartments.
    Fair enough but IMO hard to say they didn't put enough, when they put far more than has ever been put in OKC in the first place. And far more than other developments that were built after Level.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Fair enough but IMO hard to say they didn't put enough, when they put far more than has ever been put in OKC in the first place. And far more than other developments that were built after Level.
    Legacy has far more retail spaces.

Maybe a 3rd space would have worked. Maywood II will have space, and there's room for infill around DD Apts area. There's still the lot NE of Level. There will be a restaurant in Aloft, and OKSEA will be up this year. The neighborhood should be well served.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Legacy has far more retail spaces.
    Good for them!

Stopped in for a drink and snack recently. Patio has a really nice atmosphere on a nice day - great place for a drink. That being said, food was marginal and uninspired at best. Cheese fries were simply pretty good fries with some cheese dumped on them and broiled. Chips / salsa / white queso weren't any better than you could grab off the grocery shelves. Chips appeared to be made in house, but had barely been drained - damp and shiny with oil. Guac was more or less a smashed avocado with a handful of chopped tomato.

Granted, our order didn't really give them much opportunity to show off the menu, but how a place executes on the simple things is often indicative of other items on the menu. Drinks were good, and service was excellent. I would definitely go back for a cocktail, but not likely for lunch or dinner.

My earlier prediction has proved a little bit false, the convenient location right off of I-235 has had me in here more than I was expecting. Currently finding out what a theta with white cheddar tastes like.

Edit: Too much hickory sauce, but otherwise pretty good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Had dinner on the patio last night. The wife just got their mac and cheese. Which she loves. I got the McQueen burger, which was pretty good. We had the French onion dip as an appetizer, the chips are clearly made in house and are very good. The dip was great as well, fairly light and creamy. Beer was, well, it's beer so it's delicious. Service seems to be getting better, not that it was bad, but they're more attentive and the staff is knowledgeable.

12. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Ate lunch there Thursday. Place was packed with March Madness watchers. Cool place - love the vibe. Theta made with chicken patty was great - grilled broccoli as a side was good too. Services was great. I'll be back.

I went Friday for lunch. The place was packed and the atmosphere was great. The patio was full, too, which made me wonder how much cooler that street would look if Aloft, Level, and Maywood had put in more retail/restaurants on the ground floor. That area would be teeming with life all hours of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Native Roots has patio seating. And I guess I thought Aloft was going to as well. Maywood... don't get me started. Hopefully Maywood II will make up for the street-level travesty of Maywood I.

Aloft will have some patio seating as will the restaurant at the west end of that property.

And of course, OK Sea will have a large patio area.

So, we should see a big jump in street life in that immediate area very soon.

Went again last night. We continue to impressed by the quality of the food, service, and atmosphere. It was packed when we got there at 6:30, and it was packed when I left (after the 2-overtime Thunder victory) around 10. It was really fun watching the clutch Thunder win at their bar. Great atmosphere.

Going for the KU game today.

Hearing several Maywood residents complaining about traffic/parking from this past weekend. Attributing it directly to UJ. Sounds like word is getting out about the restaraunt and a lot of people are traveling here and parking anywhere they can find in DD.

I personally don't see this as negative, I see this as positive. This will further show OKC we WANT new urbanism and walkable lifestyles.

Just wait until Aloft, OK Sea and the new WSKY lounge open...

That is going to be a red-hot little restaurant and bar district in a very small area.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Hearing several Maywood residents complaining about traffic/parking from this past weekend. Attributing it directly to UJ. Sounds like word is getting out about the restaraunt and a lot of people are traveling here and parking anywhere they can find in DD.

I personally don't see this as negative, I see this as positive. This will further show OKC we WANT new urbanism and walkable lifestyles.
    Interesting - Maywood Lofts or Maywood Apts? Being a lofts resident I hardly notice anything different - other than the parking spaces on 2nd St being always nearly fully occupied. I do wonder if the UJ noise is bothering Level residents though. Glad it's next door, and not in my building (if the noise is an issue, that is).

Lofts, it seems some people are bitter from losing the "parking lot" behind the building that is now posted up with overnight parking only signs. Now the streetside 2hr parking is being used consistently.

If I had to take a guess, some of these residents are in 1 bedroom units with only a single space in the garage(s).

I am not sure what these people expect when the fitness center and interior design store open up downstairs, sounds like they're going to have a bad time.

22. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

all I have to say is you wanted an urban environment, you are getting one now

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Going for the KU game today.
    Man, I was thinking this would be the one place I could go online without seeing someone mention the game

Quote Originally Posted by PWitty View Post
    Man, I was thinking this would be the one place I could go online without seeing someone mention the game
    My mention was before the result so hammer yourself, lol.

25. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

By the way, Kansas lost.

Thread Information