Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Fitness

Default LA Fitness

Anyone have any info on LA Fitness opening in Fritts Farm off 19th, near Dicks? Saw sign there saying they are accepting applications for club membership. This could still mean it is way off from being built.

Default Re: LA Fitness

Quote Originally Posted by j7m7l7 View Post
    Anyone have any info on LA Fitness opening in Fritts Farm off 19th, near Dicks? Saw sign there saying they are accepting applications for club membership. This could still mean it is way off from being built.
    No information on LA Fitness opening in Moore. I read in the Edmond Sun that they will be building their first location in the OKC area. That is where they will be starting.

The sign you are referring to is for Fitness One. They have a large facility nearing completion on the North side of 19th behind Five Guys Burgers. It is very exciting to have finally have a large gym option in Moore.

Fitness One Clubs | Health and Fitness Clubs in Cheyenne and Las Cruces

Quote Originally Posted by OUAriakas View Post
    The sign you are referring to is for Fitness One. They have a large facility nearing completion on the North side of 19th behind Five Guys Burgers. It is very exciting to have finally have a large gym option in Moore.

Fitness One Clubs | Health and Fitness Clubs in Cheyenne and Las Cruces

Actually LA Fitness is coming to Fritts Farm. It is posted on their facebook page.

Yes, there is a sign for Fitness One on the north side of 19th Street. This building has been under construction for many months. I am referring to a sign further west on 19th Street, on the south side of the road. Unless my english reading skills have deteriorated over the weekend, I think I can tell the difference between a sign that says "Fitness One" and "LA Fitness."

Saw that, you're correct.

I saw it on Friday pm - it's coming. Hearing dirt work starts soon and it appears it could be first vs edmond location but I hadn't heard how far along that one is either. Just rumors though...

Yes, there is a sign for Fitness One on the north side of 19th Street. This building has been under construction for many months. I am referring to a sign further west on 19th Street, on the south side of the road. Unless my english reading skills have deteriorated over the weekend, I think I can tell the difference between a sign that says "Fitness One" and "LA Fitness."

Well that's good for Moore! I'm amazed of how that area has sprung up. I wish Edmond would get a nice area like that. OKC needs some better fitness options. Coming from Dallas, they really had some neat stuff. I believe they had a LA fitness in Dallas along Preston Road in Frisco that had a mini indoor water park and a full sized indoor track and had a few tennis courts and basketball courts in the middle. Really neat. I also would to see a Bally's here.

With multiple gyms moving in, expanding locations or renovating. I hope we had just been a really under served market or/and have growth in gym memberships, cause it seems like there has been a lot of capacity added over the last couple years.

Wow, you're right and I didn't mean to insult you. I'm shocked that they chose Fritts Farm when Anytime Fitness and Fitness One are already there. Three gyms in 300 yards of street seems like a bit of overkill. Maybe they should've looked to the East side of 19th street where the residents (like me) are begging for a decent sized gym that doesn't require running the I-35 gauntlet.

No offense taken. I too find the location to be an interesting choice. It would seem to be easier to locate away from the traffic nightmare along 19th and Telephone streets. The issue will be further amplified by the new large Fitness One opening, Hemispheres opening, along with the recently completed (but vacant) strip mall where the Monarch Dental sign has been erected.

LA Fitness moving into South Moore is really quite something. Most LA Fitness locations are in large metropolitan areas, in highly affluent neighborhoods. The ones I am familiar with in DFW are very nice and attract people with money. I think this speaks volumes to the disposable income in the rapidly growing, and increasingly affluent neighborhoods of Southwest OKC, South Moore, and North Norman.

I realize it may be premature to make assumptions based on a fitness center, but hopefully national stores are beginning to look more at disposable income when it comes to OKC, rather than annual salary numbers. Many stores moving into the south metro appear to be doing great business.

LA fitness will have everythng Fitness one has but LA fitness will offer racketball and basketball courts which fitness one will not have fitness one will open 24 hours but LA fitness will not. LA fitness has over 500 clubs Fitness one has only 6 clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by bhawes View Post
    LA fitness will have everythng Fitness one has but LA fitness will offer racketball and basketball courts which fitness one will not have fitness one will open 24 hours but LA fitness will not. LA fitness has over 500 clubs Fitness one has only 6 clubs.
    they should consider being 24 hours with two other 24 hours clubs within walking distance. if they did, i would probably switch from fitness one - just for the raquetball courts. do they tend to have a pool/hot tub/steam room/sauna?

Yes but LA fitness will only have a dry sauna not a wet sauna. My self I can not handle the wet sauna.

im also a member of fitness one hopefully they will open at end of month I do know fitness one will charge 39.00 a month and LA fitness will be 28.00.

Yes but LA fitness will only have a dry sauna not a wet sauna. My self I can not handle the wet sauna.
    I use the steam room and dry sauna at the Gold's on Memorial....about 10 minutes of either is about as much as I can handle. In the process I consume about 2 liters of water lol.

The New Fitness One gym in Moore has not open yet it will be sold to LA Fitness.

The New Fitness One gym in Moore has not open yet it will be sold to LA Fitness.
    lol srsly?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    lol srsly?
    Yep wife read about it today as well. Said the market wasn't big enough for them to be across the street from each other

Now that's funny they just get it built and say we give up.

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in Fitness One. I signed up on the first day they started their pre-sale. This was in January I believe. At that time, I was told the gym would open in the middle to late March. On their Facebook page they started posting pictures of the new gym and said they would be opening very soon. This was late March, early April. Then they stopped all communication until yesterday when they announced they sold the gym to LA Fitness.

Many people cancelled their current gym memberships planning to make the switch to Fitness One in March. Instead of just announcing the gym will not open for the next few months, they did nothing. They could have easily given an update without mentioning the LA Fitness deal.

I can only hope LA Fitness buys out their Norman location as well, but I'm not that lucky.

I doubt Norman location will be taken over by LA Fitness because of there size. LA Fitness are normally at least 37000 sf to 45000 sf. The Moore location may not have basketball court or racketball courts unless they do a quick remodel before they open. I do know all the new ones being built in Dallas and Houston will have everything that comes with the a LA Fitness gym. The is really a very nice gym it is schedule to open June 21. I believe the delay will be because LA Fitness will change the inside and outside to coinside with the look of all other LA Fitness. Plus I think once they close on the sale in about three weeks I believe they will do a pre-sale membership drive.

i think the closing is scheduled for june 21st. so the gym most likely wont be open until july or august depending on if they do a remodel.

i am super annoyed by this. i joined fitness one in norman when i heard about the moore location back in the fall, i figured id go ahead and join and deal with the drive until the moore location opened - as it was supposed to be WINTER 2013. i did this prior to the promotions - free initiation fee, etc. so now i joined for no reason, and had to pay the $50 fee to do so. Now im either out $50 or i can continue to drive 15 minutes and waste the gas money. either way, they screwed alot of people over by doing this. definitely sending a complaint to the BBB and attempting to get all my money back from them. i would love to join LA fitness when it opens since i can walk to club, but from what ive heard they wont be 24 hours. so i guess that leaves me with anytime fitness as the only option?

Someone told me today that LA Fitness is still going to build a new building across the street next to Dicks. Once it's complete, they will leave the current Fitness One location.

Anybody else heard this? Seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantChange View Post
    Someone told me today that LA Fitness is still going to build a new building across the street next to Dicks. Once it's complete, they will leave the current Fitness One location.

Anybody else heard this? Seems strange to me.
    Isn't the new Fitness One Location straight across from Dicks?

Thread Information