Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Aviare (formerly Avana)

Default Re: Avana

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Which space did Patrono take up?
    From a previous Oklahoman article.

The retail storefronts, meanwhile, will be anchored by an upscale restaurant set to open in a space previously home to a downtown location of Steak and Catfish.

Robert DeCoste, who moved to Oklahoma City with his wife, Amanda Yaun, will open his restaurant Patrono this spring – but only after extensive remodeling of the former Steak and Catfish space.

Before:

After:

3. Default Re: Avana

1000% better

HangryHippo Guest

The new awnings make a world of difference.

5. Default Re: Avana

As do the new colors and materials on the façade. To think that a couple of years ago posters in this thread were actively calling for this complex to be demolished because they didn't like the way it looked. Nevermind the fact that it generally remains fully-leased and its retail space inclusion and street relationship are as good as any project built to date.

And the retail space is complete full as far as I can tell with about 5-7 tenants.

7. Default Re: Avana

Wow a great renovation! I wonder if their apartment prices have gone up? We looked there when we lived downtown and the prices were pretty high and only included one parking spot.

8. Default Re: Avana

yes, very nice improvement!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    As do the new colors and materials on the façade. To think that a couple of years ago posters in this thread were actively calling for this complex to be demolished because they didn't like the way it looked. Nevermind the fact that it generally remains fully-leased and its retail space inclusion and street relationship are as good as any project built to date.
    It was ugly as all get out, but people were saying it should be demolished? Hmmm. Is this renovation ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It was ugly as all get out, but people were saying it should be demolished? Hmmm. Is this renovation ongoing?
    I am wondering if they've just stopped the reno, or if it's occurring in a spot I can't see. It looks very odd only partially redone.

Blog Entries

They haven't stopped, they moved to the SW corner of the complex.

There is a lot of ground to cover there and they are doing a bunch of work to every section.

Basically stripping off all the old stucco and completely rebuilding with new, more elaborate facades.

And, they have to do it without totally annoying the current tenants. That place stays well leased.

You can see they are working on a section on the back (west) side.

However, they have a very long way to go to complete the renovation; it looks like after a year of work they are only about 20% complete.

From Saturday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	228 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	12308

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	204 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	12309

I sure wish they would step up this renovation.

The parts that have been done look miles better but particularly along Walker, the old parts look especially bad contrasted with that which has been renovated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I sure wish they would step up this renovation.

The parts that have been done look miles better but particularly along Walker, the old parts look especially bad contrasted with that which has been renovated.
    Unless I missed it, I couldn't see any work being done. I think there was some equipment on the northwest side, but it didn't look like anything was happening... And I can't imagine why they'd work on the west side of the building before the visible, east side.

^

Yes, there is equipment in the back and they had done some work on the west side but I haven't seen anything happening there in quite a while.

They have re-started the exterior renovation on the NW corner of this complex.

Really wish they would complete the Walker frontage, as it's half done.

19. Default Re: Avana

This thing has been ongoing for quite some time now.

They started on the southeast corner of the complex and have been working clockwise around the rectangle.

I noticed last night they have finally turned the corner and are working on the north end of the Walker side, so we should soon see the highly visible storefronts redone in the same manner as the far south end. That means removing those horrible gaudy awnings and the inclusion of more stone and metal awnings (see post #277 above).

I can't wait to see similar renovations done to the the second phase of the Maywood Apartments.

The last of the hideous green awnings are gone!

They are almost finished with this exterior renovation project. Looks miles better.

Looks like they are finished with the exterior remodel and it looks 100% better (bottom picture for comparison).

Thread Information