Widgets Magazine

Thread: NWC of 50th and N. Western

Western Ave. NWC of 50th and N. Western

Anyone heard what's going in at the NW corner of 50th and Western? We live in Crown Heights and I drive by it every day going to work. So glad that eyesore of a drive-through bank is gone, but just wondering what the word on the street is.

Default Re: NWC of 50th and N. Western

This will be an office building for the First National Bank of Oklahoma.

2-story, $3.3 million building permit and 11,009 square feet.

BLDC-2013-01329

Same bank has a location at 5625 N. Western as well, immediately south of Sonic:

Hmmm. Well, I am for progress but used to live right by that intersection and as a homeowner, wouldn't have been happy about a multistory building overlooking the residential area. That being said, I hope it is nice one and it is a good location.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    Hmmm. Well, I am for progress but used to live right by that intersection and as a homeowner, wouldn't have been happy about a multistory building overlooking the residential area. That being said, I hope it is nice one and it is a good location.
    2 stories?

Admittedly, it probably won't be a problem. And being on the NW corner is also good for the homeowners east of Western.

I love that area.

There was an article in the Oklahoman today about this bank.

A few renderings:

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    Lolwut?

This looks like a fantastic development. Since it's the NW corner, the building is up against the corner, and parking in the back I am guessing/hoping..

It's not built right up against the corner, but the there is no parking between the building and the street, only lawn.

I'll try and snap a picture of this soon, I drive by it almost every day.

If you look at the siteplan above, you'll see they are building right up against the City imposed setback line.

A small lawn is not a bad thing.

Agreed, especially not in this part of town.

As long as we stop building parking lots between buildings and the street in the urban core, I will be a relatively happy person. So this is a win in my book. Also, these are pretty tall floors, as the building feels almost as tall as a three story.

13. Default Re: NWC of 50th and N. Western

FWIW, these are good folks and VERY OKC-minded. Have known/banked with them since the Charter National (which sold to UMB) days. They don't have a high profile at the consumer level, but are a very respected bank for commercial banking and lending.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131029_123110.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	4880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131028_162032.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	4881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131028_161931.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	4882

Thanks Teo!

Here is a cropped version of that first one:

I didn't want to start a new topic, but does anyone know what is going on on the southeast corner of this intersection? There has been dirt moving for a few weeks. I know at one point there was going to be a gas station built by Chesapeake, but those plans seemed to be thrown out after their restructuring.

On Cue just bought the CNG station just south of that intersection on Western.

CHK still owns the corner (at least according to the County Assessor) but perhaps they are doing some sort of JV with On Cue to develop that site.

I don't think Chesapeake's plan to close one of the side streets was ever formally approved and there hasn't been a building permit issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I don't think Chesapeake's plan to close one of the side streets was ever formally approved and there hasn't been a building permit issued.
    Chesapeake withdrew their two SPUD applications because they were doomed to fail. This action corresponded, time-wise with the leadership shakeup at Chesapeake.

http://www.okc.gov/agendapub/cache/2...4120138722.PDF

Withdrawal was requested on the following items:

45. (SPUD-683) Application by Chesapeake Land Development Company, to rezone 4920 North
    Western Avenue from the R-1 Single-Family Residential & C-4 General Commercial District to
    the SPUD-683 Simplified Planned Unit Development District. Ward 2.

46. (CE-831) Application by Chesapeake, et al to close a portion of NW 49th Street between N.
    Western Avenue and N. Francis Avenue, lying south of Lots 25-32, Block 4 and north of Lots 17-
    24, Block 5, Douglas Place Addition. Ward 2.

Commissioner Gales moved to defer Items 41, 42, 43, and 44 to the dates indicated and withdraw Items 45 and 46.
    Commissioner Williams seconded the motion. Ayes: Yoeckel, Hensley, Powers, Irwin, Ehlers, Bright, Williams, Gales.
    Nos: (None). Absent: Allen. ITEMS 41, 42, 43, AND 44 DEFERRED TO THE DATES INDICATED AND ITEMS
    45 AND 46 WITHDRAWN.

I'm sure by then CHK knew they weren't going to develop that property and didn't want to put any more time and money into the fight.

Some renderings of this project, which should be wrapping up soon:

This building is finished and open for business:

22. Default Re: NWC of 50th and N. Western

Well, it's not a Great Hall, but it's certainly a Good Hall.

Thread Information