|image=
    |
    [/template]
    Information & Latest News

3/14/13: $1,000,000 building permit BLDC-2013-02076
    Links

Listing on Zillow
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maywoodflats1.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	3932   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maywoodflats1a.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	3933   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maywoodflats2.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	3934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maywoodflats3.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	3935   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maywoodflats4.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	3936  

Default Re: McKown Deep Deuce Apartments

5 NE 3rd? I would have thought the address would be Oklahoma Ave. Are you sure where this is going? I also would have expected it to be bigger.

I think you're right. It looks like these are the flats that were talked about in the Brownstones thread. From that picture, it looks like those flats would fit on the far west side of the southern most Brownstones. Sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    5 NE 3rd? I would have thought the address would be Oklahoma Ave. Are you sure where this is going? I also would have expected it to be bigger.
    Those are the renderings for Ron Bradshaw's for sale apartments on 3rd St. I've seen the renderings for McKown's project and it looks very much like LEVEL, but with 2 levels of parking on the first floors, built into the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I think you're right. It looks like these are the flats that were talked about in the Brownstones thread. From that picture, it looks like those flats would fit on the far west side of the southern most Brownstones. Sorry about that!
    I posted just after you. Those flats are being built on the north and south sides of 3rd St., on the west side. I believe at least several, if not more, have sold already.

Thanks for the clarification betts!

Well this is even better then. What was thought to be 1 project is actually 2 different ones. That is like eating a hot fudge sundae and finding $5 at the bottom of the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Here are the plans that I've seen for this project. Floor plans and pricing info are belowAttachment 3247Attachment 3248 or on zillow.com.

5 NE 3rd St # 302 Oklahoma City OK - New Home for Sale - MLS #509449 - Realtor.com®
    According to the listing this is Maywood Park Flats...

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I posted just after you. Those flats are being built on the north and south sides of 3rd St., on the west side. I believe at least several, if not more, have sold already.
    No kidding - they've sold already and there isn't so much as a website promoting them? I live in 2nd St and I haven't heard a peep about these flats. Looking at the floorplans they are far superior to the 2bd-2ba units here though. Makes me wish I was living in one now!

Yesterday I saw about 8 people standing out in the open space where one of them is going to be built with what looked liked a real estate agent. I have no idea if they were all looking as a group or what was going on. But, there has been a lot of activity around the Brownstones lately. Another Brownstone sold last week, and reportedly one of the 3 remaining unfinished Brownstones was to be under contract this week. There are people looking every day, so I'm not surprised there's been a lot of activity on smaller flats of comparable quality.

The flats offered a 3 bedroom unit, which we were happy to finally see downtown. The day it listed, we drove there to check out the view, etc. Probably would have taken it a step further but we saw the floor plans and realized the 3rd bedroom was on the ground floor with its own street entrance, which didn't seem safe for one of the kids. Nevertheless, these units will be a great addition.

Deep Deuce Maywood Park Flats

[category=]Deep Deuce[/category]

$1,000,000 permit today BLDC-2013-02076 for 4 story, 6 unit building at 14 NE 3.

http://okc.gov/Access/Cap/CapDetail....howInspection=

I believe 14 is on the south side of NE 3.

Default Re: Maywood Park Flats

That's correct. 14 is south side. They've done dirt samples on the north side too and I believe it will be under construction soon as well.

Even address numbers are always south & east sides of the street, odd numbers north & west.

It looks as if they have started the first set of flats on the southwest side of 3rd St.

So I'm still confused on what Bradshaw's plans (what I'm sure are fluid) are for the rest of these lots and the rest of the lots to the north.

I was under the impression he was going to develop the whole strip between the Brownstones and Maywood Apts. at the same time and that those would be flats.

It looks like now he's doing only the one building on the same strip as the Brownstones (North of 3rd) and that it will sit on the far, which will leave a huge hole between the flats and the brownstones (and, I Imagine, make future construction more difficult, though certainly not unreasonable). Is the goal to figure out which will sell quicker be more profitable between more Brownstones or more Flats?

The plans to develop the lots between the brownstones and the Maywood Apartments are still fairly fluid, but there are some interesting ideas being floated. The lot to the west of the last brownstone on the north side of 3rd St is going to be an addition to the adjacent brownstone and they plan to start construction fairly soon. Ron does plan to put flats on the northwest corner as well. He has to have the west alleys to accommodate garage openings. It will leave two lots between the buildings on the north side of 3rd St. but with the rest of the street finished, those lots will likely be quite desirable. I know they've had significant interest in some of the lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    So I'm still confused on what Bradshaw's plans (what I'm sure are fluid) are for the rest of these lots and the rest of the lots to the north.

I was under the impression he was going to develop the whole strip between the Brownstones and Maywood Apts. at the same time and that those would be flats.

It looks like now he's doing only the one building on the same strip as the Brownstones (North of 3rd) and that it will sit on the far, which will leave a huge hole between the flats and the brownstones (and, I Imagine, make future construction more difficult, though certainly not unreasonable). Is the goal to figure out which will sell quicker be more profitable between more Brownstones or more Flats?
    Bradshaw is not the only one involved and most of the lots north of the current Brownstones on 3rd are not his.

HangryHippo Guest

What's the latest on this project?

Good question. Now I'm hearing maybe they'll just build brownstones on 3rd St. and put flats between the brownstones on the north and the Maywood Apts. They've sold 2 more brownstones in the last couple of weeks so maybe they think they can sell them. I'm not on the architectural committee and haven't seen one of the members recently to confirm so take it as a rumor.

Wow, that would be something. I am glad to hear about the recent sales.

I noticed today that ICF frames are going up for the addition to the existing west-most Brownstone on the north side of 3rd.

Anyway, I feel for the people who pre-bought Flats. They didn't quite hit the completion date of this month...

HangryHippo Guest

I noticed what looked like dirt work yesterday. Had the land clearing been done awhile ago or is construction getting ready to begin on these?

I think all pre sale buyers of these are backed out. This project seems dead in water.

Perhaps some of the current Brownstone owners have something to do with this.

I'm not on the architectural committee. We had some issues with number of parking spaces per unit and last I heard they were reworking the plans. But I've heard nothing else.

Thread Information