acreage=2.4375

Information & Latest News

12/22/13: New owners may include restaurant
    6/20/13: Gold Dome to be sold, refurbished
    3/26/13: Efforts to demolish Gold Dome put on hold

Links

County Assessor Record

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1240644_1419722674917399_1019902849_n.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	5681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lobby.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	5680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1006376_1430905567132443_2012961643_n.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	5679   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golddome121213b.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	5671   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golddome121213a.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	5670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	560056_1430905600465773_1828181471_n.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	5678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golddome1st.jpg 
Views:	1713 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	7545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golddome2nd.jpg 
Views:	1652 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	7546  

Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Quote Originally Posted by workman45 View Post
    Just found out that Prohibition Room is closing June 30th. They will reopen in the Tower theatre building 2 months later.[/U][/B].
    Timeline sounds a little aggressive just from looking at the place but great news.

The tower theater is where they originally wanted to be interestingly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    The tower theater is where they originally wanted to be interestingly enough.
    That's what they were saying last night. It just wasn't working with the previous owner.

So are they moving into the space next door to the Tower Theater or are the going to be occupying the actual theater space?

Prohibition Room will be next to the Tower Theater, not in the actual theater space. They are still going to be putting a cultural events center in the actual theater space, that will probably host art films, concerts, etc etc..

It's great that Prohibition Room is moving further down 23rd because evidently they were a problem for Dr. Lam, and now hopefully that will put some wind in their sail...maybe they'll actually complete that project sometime soon, now.

That's excellent! I like that bar, and like their actual food and beverages a lot, but I've always thought the location (as much as I love the dome) was awkward. This is a great step toward that section of 23rd st becoming a real bar strip. The addition of Tucker's too! A few more drinking establishments, some popular late night after bar food establishments, that could really be something....

Where exactly where the Prohibition Room be located?

Specific address?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Prohibition Room will be next to the Tower Theater, not in the actual theater space. They are still going to be putting a cultural events center in the actual theater space, that will probably host art films, concerts, etc etc...

Unfortunately the relocation of Prohibition Room has not gone according to plans. We will not be moving into the Tower Theater space. Our plan B has come to be a great spot for us. It is in the hands of our designers and architects right now and we hope to present to the city next week. As soon as we get more information I will be happy to annouce the new location.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    It's great that Prohibition Room is moving further down 23rd because evidently they were a problem for Dr. Lam, and now hopefully that will put some wind in their sail...maybe they'll actually complete that project sometime soon, now.
    It has been printed in a couple articles of our local news papers that we are behind on our rent payments. This is completly not true! We are not going backrupt we do not owe Irene Lam money for any reason. Irene has, for the last 3 years infringed upon our space with various events which were a direct violation of our lease. As a paying tennant of the Gold Dome Irene has been a problem for us and our business. Her events have reflected negatively on us. The lack of climate control in the summer and winter has cause us to lose many customers. (we have no control of the airflow & temp in our restaurant area) Many customers have expressed, to me and my employees, their disgust with the Prohibition Room not wanting to turn up the heat or air. This has reflected negatively on us as well. Our gas has been turned off 3 times due to non payment. You can imagine the impact that would have on our sales since all of our cooking equipment is gas powered. The last time was February. When I asked her about it she refused to even acknowledge my presence and I ended up making the payment so we could be open. Gold Dome leases are full service leases. Which means we do not have utility bills. We do pay an extra $400.00 per month since we are open later than regular business hours. We have argued with Irene for 3 years over these issues and have had enough. After one of our partners left and declaired personal backruptcy, she used a clause in the lease to evict us. In the original filing she stated, we have not paid rent. (I have the cancelled checks to prove otherwise)
    In the article which came out Tuesday in the Journal Record, she said we have fallen behind in our rent. We have not. (i have the cancelled checks to prove otherwise. We were paying on the average about $5200.00 per month for our spaces. Since the Gold Dome is almost completly empty we do not uderstand why she would want us out? Especially since she is delinquent with her loans through the city. Irene has picked and chosen parts of the lease she wants to enforce and ignore.

This picture is one of the many events she has had which completly shut us down on a Friday night. Jessica Tate, Jazz Harpist, was having her CD release party that night as you can see, if you have ever been to our restaurant, our entrances were complety blocked. Not to mention, the parking lot was complety full and taken over by Irene's event. Not to mention, we could get to our office, dumpster or food storage.

These and many other reasons are why we are leaving this location. It has nothing to do with personality conflicts. We pay our rent and deserve the requirements of our lease to be upheld.

We went to court many times and have finally reached a settlement. We are leaving July 31st to our new location. Irene is still required to follow the lease. She has already ignored it and we will probably be back in court again.

Prohibition Room is my livelyhood. This is how my wife and I make our living and support our family. We will not allow the land lord to bully us or infringe upon our business with her controlling ways.

We have all the documentation to support what I am telling you in this post. If there is any question, we invite you to come by, have a beer or cocktail and we will show you.

We are very excited to leave to a more stable location since we have been fighting with Irene for the past 3 years instead of improving and building our business.

We appreciate the support we have had from many of you and hope you will continue to support us in the future.

Sincerly
    Richard

Wow.

Interesting.... to say the least!

Blog Entries

Nothing like a forum for transparency.

It is such an incredible shame that after Dr. Lam was able to save such an awesome and iconic building, it's now come to this. I am concerned for the future of this wonderful structure.

Thanks for letting us hear your side of it, RSA. Too bad you weren't able to go into the Tower--how come that fell through, if I might ask?

14. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Thanks, RSA. Very enlightening, as well as sad ... not just for you.

What does the Gold Dome intend to do with the space now that the Prohibition Room is leaving? I've heard they have other tenants who have moved out, as well.

Maybe this site would have been better off as a Wallgreen/Eckerd/CVS after all.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n57299284/

The geodesic dome's owner, Gold Dome LLC, managed by local optometrist Irene Lam, owes more than $21,000 in delinquent property taxes and has fallen behind on repaying most of a $1 million loan from the city to renovate the building.

The Oklahoma City Council will vote on Tuesday on whether to pay off the remaining $874,000 balance on a $1 million U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development loan it was awarded in 2005 to renovate the Gold Dome with Community Development Block Grant funding.

^ ouch.
    It's still a very cool building, and I'm glad it was saved ... I hope someone with deep pockets & creative vision can take over and keep that location & building preserved!

I look forward to visiting Prohibition Room at its new location too!
    hope they have a decent parking lot, for the car shows again!

Hi, I'm Lori. My office is now in the Dome and I'm doing their online marketing and social media. I don't know all the details but I can tell you that Dr. Lam is considering offers from a few restaurants, plus has 2 new tenants moving into the larger ground level spaces. There are still 4 vacancies but someone came in to look at a space yesterday too. I'm going to miss the Prohibition Room being in the Dome. I have quite enjoyed the convenience of being able to go downstairs for my weekly lunches with the Oklahoma City Business Network. Wherever they go, I'm sure the Prohibition Room will continue to support our local artists and offer a great menu and whoever moves into the Gold Dome will have a historic legacy to live up to.

Blog Entries

I hope the dome creates a more inviting atmosphere. Last time I was there it seemed pretty disheveled and unappealing. It could create a very unique environment if it just would.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I hope the dome creates a more inviting atmosphere. Last time I was there it seemed pretty disheveled and unappealing. It could create a very unique environment if it just would.
    The plans are in the works for a more golden Gold Dome. Time, money, community interaction - they're coming together slowly but surely. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts and ideas.

May 26th I'm doing the last Business Social before summer hits. It's a speed networking event and you're welcome to come out; do some networking and we could talk about future opportunities. More info is on Facebook or the website.

www.Facebook.com/GoldDomeOKC
    www.GoldDomeOKC.net

For anyone joining late, here is a summary so far:

Classen Gold Dome

Gold Dome getting Latin-themed bar and restaurant
    By Brianna Bailey
    Journal Record
    Oklahoma City reporter - Contact 405-278-2847
    Posted: 06:52 PM Monday, April 9, 2012

OKLAHOMA CITY – The 2,900-square-foot restaurant space in NW 23rd Street’s landmark Gold Dome will be reopened this summer as Zona Viva, a Latin-themed bar and restaurant.

Zona Viva owner Julio Passarelli said he envisions the new eatery having a menu laden with classic bar food, but with a Latin twist.

Passarelli, who has a background in the bar business, discovered the Gold Dome restaurant space while attending a special event at the building.

“The opportunity came up and I thought it was the perfect space and a good fit for what we want to do,” he said.

Passarelli is working toward getting Zona Viva up and running by this summer, but has yet to announce an opening date.

The restaurant space at the Gold Dome has been vacant since the Prohibition Room left the building on bad terms in July 2011. The restaurant owners went to court with Gold Dome owner Irene Lam over a dispute on the terms of their lease.

Lam said she has been focused on booking the Gold Dome space for more special events since the Prohibition Room’s departure and has several weddings scheduled there in the coming months. Lam said she is pleased that Zona Viva plans to offer catering service and also will be open for lunch.

“We want a little bit more lunch and daytime traffic in the building,” she said.

The Gold Dome, 1112 NW 23rd St., was built in 1958 and originally housed Citizens State Bank. The building was home to several assorted bank branches over the years. A group called Citizens for the Golden Dome narrowly saved the building from being bulldozed in 2001 to make way for a chain drugstore. Lam bought the dome in 2003 for $1.1 million and the building underwent extensive renovations before reopening in 2005.

The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Gold Dome getting Latin-themed bar and restaurant
    By Brianna Bailey
    Journal Record
    Oklahoma City reporter - Contact 405-278-2847
    Posted: 06:52 PM Monday, April 9, 2012

OKLAHOMA CITY – The 2,900-square-foot restaurant space in NW 23rd Street’s landmark Gold Dome will be reopened this summer as Zona Viva, a Latin-themed bar and restaurant.

Zona Viva owner Julio Passarelli said he envisions the new eatery having a menu laden with classic bar food, but with a Latin twist.

Passarelli, who has a background in the bar business, discovered the Gold Dome restaurant space while attending a special event at the building.

“The opportunity came up and I thought it was the perfect space and a good fit for what we want to do,” he said.

Passarelli is working toward getting Zona Viva up and running by this summer, but has yet to announce an opening date.

The restaurant space at the Gold Dome has been vacant since the Prohibition Room left the building on bad terms in July 2011. The restaurant owners went to court with Gold Dome owner Irene Lam over a dispute on the terms of their lease.

Lam said she has been focused on booking the Gold Dome space for more special events since the Prohibition Room’s departure and has several weddings scheduled there in the coming months. Lam said she is pleased that Zona Viva plans to offer catering service and also will be open for lunch.

“We want a little bit more lunch and daytime traffic in the building,” she said.

The Gold Dome, 1112 NW 23rd St., was built in 1958 and originally housed Citizens State Bank. The building was home to several assorted bank branches over the years. A group called Citizens for the Golden Dome narrowly saved the building from being bulldozed in 2001 to make way for a chain drugstore. Lam bought the dome in 2003 for $1.1 million and the building underwent extensive renovations before reopening in 2005.

The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.
    nice, this is my favorite part of Oklahoma City, a part of Oklahoma City where I feel urban, I spend most of my time here, great addition to the area.

Gold Dome building in foreclosure sale.

http://newsok.com/gold-dome-set-for-...rticle/3702684

“We're in the process of working it out with the bank,” Lam said. “We will have a new restaurant opening in the next two weeks and three new tenants coming in.”

-----

A new restaurant, that is good for the area!

Thread Information