Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
You have defined the limits of the debate pretty well Rover. Unless I are for the gang rape of corporate America by the investment community then I am not a capitalist. Van Jones and Saul Alinksky couldn't have defined Capitalism better themselves.

Alas if capitalism now means getting as much money as you can at all human and environmental cost maybe I am not a capitalist after all.
I think you have no concept of capitalism, just hysterics, gross generalization and "power to the people" isms. You act like trying to bring Chesapeake back from the brink is greed. You think the growth and what it has contributed to OKC is nothing. You seem to hate all successful people and despise profit as a motive.

Chesapeake has made MANY people in this city wealthy by buying up low value property at exaggerated prices. They have employed 1000s of people for many years paying great wages and giving them many amenities which they appreciated. They made landowners wealthy by paying big $ to royalty owners, many of whom were barely making it landowners. They created construction jobs, transportation jobs, restaurant jobs, and on, and on and on. In the meantime, their stock has continuously gone down while investors lost billions of $. The growth came due to leverage and now it is time to pay the piper.

If it is AM you are jealous of, so be it. But through his "greed" he has significantly helped this city and thousands of people. So, tell me about your significant contributions to the betterment of this community and its people. How many do you employ directly or indirectly?