Widgets Magazine

Thread: OKC in video

Default OKC in video

Just noticed that newsok has posted a video of the winter mix that hit OKC on Christmas:

Nice.

Got me to thinking about videos of OKC. So perhaps a "Favorite Videos of OKC" thread might be fun.

Default Re: OKC in video

Hmm, just found out that you can only embed one video per post on this board. Interesting...

Well, here's my first selection.

This one is from July 2010. Has a very nice feeling and flow to it.

Of course, the Chamber has put out of number of videos promoting OKC. And some of them are quite slick.

This one is short but punchy.

Another nice promo video, this one from Downtown OKC Inc.

Other than the first video, all of these are old. I'd like to see these organizations put out some new videos.

I like the OKC Mojo one -- was fun to watch, but cringed when I saw the flyover including the unfinished AICC --- crap, I don't know how to abreviate the Native American museum-to be by the river. Off topic, but I wish that were finished.

7. Default Re: OKC in video

I watched Nike filming a new Kevin Durant advertisment in Downtown OKC yesterday. Looks pretty cool.

The OKC Chamber puts a lot of videos at http://greaterokc.tv

Was that site taken from this: OKLAVISION.TV | Oklahoma's Travel, Culture & Tourism Online Network ?
    This great site for tourism from the Chickasaw Nation artfully formats videos from many sources.

Some longboarding dudes skating around downtown. Proves that OKC is not uniformly flat as some claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    The OKC Chamber puts a lot of videos at GREATEROKC.TV | Greater Oklahoma City Economic Development
    That's an interesting site. Worth a visit. It's a real hodge podge of old and new stuff drawn from a variety of sources. I find the navigation to be quite awkward, so it's a bit tricky finding stuff.

Some nice HD footage of the downtown dressed up in holiday decor:

Quote Originally Posted by TAlan CB View Post
    Was that site taken from this: OKLAVISION.TV | Oklahoma's Travel, Culture & Tourism Online Network ?
    This great site for tourism from the Chickasaw Nation artfully formats videos from many sources.
    It is likely they both either went with the same agency or software package to do them, though their is overlap in subjects none of the videos are shared between the two and have a different production feel. It seems like the city's site came along with the start of their Velocity media campaign and gets something like quarterly updates. I did not see the state's one till a little while after I had seen the city's but since the state's fells like a way of packaging videos online they have produced for television for years, it would not be surprising if the state's was done first. Either way I would hope that since both groups have mutually beneficial goals, if one liked the others site and wanted to use it as a template for their own that the other would at least give them an honest assessment of what the liked and did not like about it and let them know who or what they were using.

Nice aerial tour of the downtown -- unfortunately not in HD, though.

Would love to see that same tour shot using professional grade video equipment.

Grab some Spokies bikes and take a spin around downtown:

Brief but interesting timelapse shot of the downtown:

Although, it is apparently a shorter clip that's been looped -- because I can see the same truck come up the hill and pass on the left twice during the video.

Gives a brief explanation about the switch to electric motors for the water taxis, which you can see in action (the motor looks surprisingly small to me). But mostly, just a nice, leisurely jaunt down the canal.

Some tourist video of the downtown area. A few camera wobbles here and there, but a lot of nice shots.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but, if it hasn't, this is a great resource for OKC videos.

GREATEROKC.TV | Greater Oklahoma City Economic Development

I never knew we had the largest wifi network in the world.

21. Default Re: OKC in video

Post #8, top of this page.

Thread Information