Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Slice House

Default Re: Empire Slice House

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Attachment 13780

The building two buildings to the west of Empire (on the corner) has temp signage that reads "Easy Slice Shop" with the same font as Empire and an Empire truck parked in the driveway. What's happening there? Apologies if I missed a previous post.
    I believe it's going to be a quick grab-n-go slice shop, less of a sit-down establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Attachment 13780

The building two buildings to the west of Empire (on the corner) has temp signage that reads "Easy Slice Shop" with the same font as Empire and an Empire truck parked in the driveway. What's happening there? Apologies if I missed a previous post.
    It's Easy E Slice Shop, Empire's pizza to-go (and I believe delivery) operation.

Easy E just to the west of Empire opens today.

Makes it much easier to do carryout pies and slices or there is some inside and outdoor seating as well.

Really a smart idea to expand the capacity at Empire which continues to boom.

Same menu as Empire and open 11A to midnight every day but Sunday, where it will be 11A to 10P.

4. Default Re: Empire Slice House

Really smart idea. We went this past Saturday for dinner and it was a 2+ hour wait for 2. We've always been able to find a couple open seats at the bar, but I think that it's a great idea to open up more space. I assume they'll be able to serve drinks at Easy E as well?

Just limited beer selection at Easy E but entire food menu is available.

BTW, all to-go orders will now be channeled through Easy E

This is really cool:

Today we are rolling out “Empire for Education”! This means Oklahoma state teachers get a slice, salad, and drink FOR FREE anytime of the day, any day of the week. Flash that school ID and you’re set!

Yesterday the House passed a $5-7k pay raise for our educators (short of the 10k they asked for, but progress is good) by increasing taxes on cigarettes, oil and gas, etc. We stand with our educators and firmly believe that children are the future and deserve to get more than a 48th ranked education. We hope that others will join us in rewarding and supporting our teachers as we continue to push towards these goals! #pizzaislove #ellienewton

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is really cool:
    Pete, what is this from? I told my sister about it and she was wanting to know more information

It was posted on their Instagram.

Thanks, I checked FB and Twitter and couldn't find it haha

That is fantastic.

Pete, have you had Empire yet? I saw in another thread that as recently as 2017 you had not had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Pete, have you had Empire yet? I saw in another thread that as recently as 2017 you had not had it.
    Yes but only by the slice but not the whole pie.

Empire Slice House set to move to new, expanded Plaza location

One of the Plaza District's first break-out successes is planning a move just down the street into new and bigger quarters.

The new digs for Empire Slice House are currently under construction near the west end of the district at 1804 NW 16th, a two-story building where Empire will take the entire first floor plus a large patio area on the west side of the building. Empire's parent group, 84 Hospitality, will also take the entire 2nd floor as their corporate offices.

The popular pizza place and hangout first opened in its current location in September 2013, but proprietor Rachel Cope told OKCTalk the polarity and volume had caused them to out-grow their current space which had been cobbled together over the years, including enclosing a patio in an attempt to keep up with ample demand.

As a partial solution the group opened Easy E Slice Shop where they had more cooking facilities and an outlet for their popular carry-out orders. Easy E will remain as it has proven to be a success story of its own.

Cope said there will be a high priority placed on maintaining the current Empire vibe, which has made the current location a local favorite. The existing posters, gold table tops and other items will make the move to the new space.

But Cope said she knows much more now than she did 5 years ago when Empire took what had been an old laundromat and transformed it into a big draw for the burgeoning Plaza District. Now, the opportunity comes to design the new space from the ground-up where there will be much more space developed to prep and cooking. The amount of pizza ovens will double and in general there will be the ability to better and more quickly serve the Empire patrons.

In keeping with their established formula for success, a large patio will located on the west side of the building shaded by a mature tree which developer Jeff Struble made sure to work around and preserve. The exterior west wall is also permitted as part of the Plaza Walls mural project with exact artwork yet to be determined.

The final color of the brick for the completed building will be a light tan -- almost white -- which is different than shown in the first rendering. There will also be some other minor exterior changes.

The bar area will also be significantly larger and will be featured along the west wall of the interior space. Ellie the pink elephant will make the move as well to be displayed at the entrance along NW 16th Street.

If all goes to plan, there will be only a week down-time before the new opening this August.

The new brick-and-mortar location for Maples Barbecue is currently under construction to the immediate east.

84 Hospitality Group also operates Goro Ramen, Revolucion and Ponyboy all in OKC's urban core.

Yes but only by the slice but not the whole pie.
    If you get the whole pie...make sure you have friends over or plan on leftovers for a week. It ain't no small pie (which isn't a bad thing!)

I have found myself going to Empire a lot less recently due to the tremendously long wait times every time I try to go. This should really help out with that.

I will be nostalgic though for their current location. A lot of great memories there.

I'm sure a new restaurant / bar operator will take over the existing space.

Whaaaat that's crazy, so the house they demo'd right next to it (right edge of Pete's picture) will be the patio I assume? Or will that be a parking lot?

My picture is from Sunday. I don't think that house has been demoed since and it's under separate ownership.

My picture is from Sunday. I don't think that house has been demoed since and it's under separate ownership.
    Ah, my bad I thought it was an older picture. I was thinking I saw dirt moving directly west of this building but that would have been a week or two ago, I must have gotten that memory mixed up with the patio at the Press or something.

That is so bad ass!

I am in the minority because I never liked their last location. Far too crowded... Tiny, cramped bar, etc.

I'm sure I'll go to this new version more often. And it will be way better for getting pizza's out quicker, easier on their staff, etc.

I am in the minority because I never liked their last location. Far too crowded... Tiny, cramped bar, etc.

I'm sure I'll go to this new version more often. And it will be way better for getting pizza's out quicker, easier on their staff, etc.
    Their current location was great until they expanded into the patio. I was seated in the walled-in-patio for lunch the week before last and it was a terrible experience of sound and stuffiness. Sometimes places should remain small.

I’m sure the new space will be much better in that regard.

Is that mural new, or has it always been there and I've just missed it?

Thread Information