Widgets Magazine
Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434489 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

1. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Are you sure about west expansion? The current west Concourse buts up as far as it can to the Runway 13/31 Safety zone.
    Sorry about that. Meant east is where ramp space is available, and east is where expansion will be focused.

2. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Can someone remind me on the timeline to seeing some structure go up? I thought that the cargo side on the east had been cleared out, but maybe that's not done yet? It seems like they're taking an awfully long time to get where anyone can see anything happening.

3. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Can someone remind me on the timeline to seeing some structure go up? I thought that the cargo side on the east had been cleared out, but maybe that's not done yet? It seems like they're taking an awfully long time to get where anyone can see anything happening.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	east.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	13791

Including the latest progress shot from the east side. The building is down, yes, but the surfacing is not complete. There is also extensive infrastructure/utilities work being done right now. Still may be a while before you see vertical progress.

4. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

^Did we have DFW diversions that day? Unusual to see three AA planes parked out there.

Good to see the progress being done on the resurfacing and such, appreciate the photo.

5. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by OUman View Post
    ^Did we have DFW diversions that day? Unusual to see three AA planes parked out there. Good to see the progress being done on the resurfacing and such, appreciate the photo.
    Yes, that picture is from 9AM this morning.

6. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

It's likely that this group is talking the most about air service in Oklahoma. That's why we want to hear from you. Please take our 2017 Air Service Survey.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AirService.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	13830

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I posted. Flights are way too expensive at Will Rodgers compared to DFW. Almost $1,000 compared to $256 round trip from LAX to DFW.

8. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I posted. Flights are way too expensive at Will Rodgers compared to DFW. Almost $1,000 compared to $256 round trip from LAX to DFW.
    Thanks for taking the survey. This is a comment we see on a regular basis. It's true, prices at OKC are more expensive than DFW and can contribute to leakage. To offset this, we continue to attempt to attract low-cost carriers. We also try to keep the cost of business as low as possible for the airlines. Competition is important though. We need more of it.

9. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

No idea what you are looking at. If you go 3 weeks out, OKC-LAX round trip is consistently $336 to $376 depending on the dates you choose, even non-stop. $183 for Allegient. That's pretty good! I couldn't even get anything higher than $848 to pull up for even tomorrow on a non-stop (cheaper for changing planes). Surely you can't be complaining about last minute rates? If those are expensive it means the planes are full or nearly full, which means good things for our airport.

Good Tip - book on a Monday or Tuesday at least 3 weeks out and sometimes you will beat the DFW price. Plus you have a way easier time at the airport.

11. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Good Tip - book on a Monday or Tuesday at least 3 weeks out and sometimes you will beat the DFW price. Plus you have a way easier time at the airport.
    Where's the thumbs up on this thing?

Wrong thread.

13. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

If you are curious I was the one who posted New Orleans three times.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    If you are curious I was the one who posted New Orleans three times.
    And I am the other one. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    No idea what you are looking at. If you go 3 weeks out, OKC-LAX round trip is consistently $336 to $376 depending on the dates you choose, even non-stop. $183 for Allegient. That's pretty good! I couldn't even get anything higher than $848 to pull up for even tomorrow on a non-stop (cheaper for changing planes). Surely you can't be complaining about last minute rates? If those are expensive it means the planes are full or nearly full, which means good things for our airport.
    I can't plan that far out. I'm an actor. I have things that constantly pop up and I made a split second decision to fly to Oklahoma to see my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Ryan View Post
    Thanks for taking the survey. This is a comment we see on a regular basis. It's true, prices at OKC are more expensive than DFW and can contribute to leakage. To offset this, we continue to attempt to attract low-cost carriers. We also try to keep the cost of business as low as possible for the airlines. Competition is important though. We need more of it.
    No problem! I want to give my business to OKC airport I just don't have the money sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Will that work a week out? As I said on another post, I usually can't plan that far out lol. I know that sounds pretty silly, but I've had to cancel plane tickets because I've been booked for something last minute, so I'll usually just book something days in advance or if I'm really brave, a week.

Side note: has anyone here ever taken Amtrak Southwest Chief? I've been thinking of doing that. I was wondering how comfortable it was.

what's your time worth to you?

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    what's your time worth to you?
    My time is worth as a much money as able to spend on it. Did I mention I'm an actor? You haven't seen me in movies or commercials yet, so I'm broke af lol.

I'm just one person. I can't imagine what the cost savings would be for a family of four. Must explain why virtually everyone I know opts to fly out of DFW.

i've lived in the OKC area for 10 years now. I have driven to both DFW and ICT to fly because I can save multiple hundreds of dollars on round trip flights. I prefer ICT because it's much smaller than DFW.
    i just did a southwest search for non-stop from OKC and ICT to PHX for the same days (26 May to 28 May). OKC - PHX = $588 and ICT - PHX = $430. further out to 16 June to 18 June , OKC - PHX = $465 and ICT - PHX = $264. so for me and the wife to save $300 - $400, that's quite substantial and worth the $35 in gas it takes to drive to Wichita and back

my $0.02

I've never had bad luck flying out of OKC, price-wise. Or time-wise. For an airport its size, there are quite a few options (got a flight back from Phoenix at 10pm on a Wednesday, OKC time). Is it perfect, no. But for what it is, it is a very good airport.

I place a premium on time and convenience. Unless I'm trying to book an international flight, OKC has always been the best option for me when factoring in price, value of time, and convenience. I know just as many people like me as I do those who drive to DFW to fly out to save a little.

for plutonic panda

I've ridden the southwest chief. There's a ton of room I'm 6'4" and a big guy and the seats had plenty of room for me. However they don't lean back much (just like an airplane) and you'll be on that train for 10+ hours. I rode it to Chicago and then from Chicago on and had a big 2 week long trip so it was worth it.

As for the survey. I took the survey and I also relayed the cost issue. I fly out of OKC on occasion but choose DFW for cost savings. for us it's 3 tickets, soon to be 4 (youngest daughter is still under 2) Spirit gets a bad wrap but I've used it a lot and have had no problems. When you're talking about 3 or 4 tickets the savings are quite a bit.

So here's an example. We are flying to San Francisco in July 17-26(wife has a conference so we're all going) I put in the days on google flights and southwest.com and from OKC I'm getting $404 for Oakland/$414 for San Fran. so $404X3=$1212

Out of DFW we booked through united (just last week) for $96.40 each $96.40x3=289.20 We have the bags that fit on the ultra low cost planes so there's no other fees we ever get hit with. We've flown this way a few times now and have the routine down. (on edit this price doesn't seem to come up anymore, it might be sold out but it's what I got 3 tickets for as I checked the e-mail confirmation)

So even with Gas ($70 RT) and Parking ($9 a day for 10 days) we're at 289.20+70+90=449.20 vs $1212. Still a savings of $750 dollars. If I needed a hotel in Dallas that would cut into it but by going to Dallas we go see and stay a night with the Wife's grandmother. It's a win-win. Kids get to see great grandma. No cost for staying there. Grandmother insists we stay there so no issue there.

24. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    I place a premium on time and convenience. Unless I'm trying to book an international flight, OKC has always been the best option for me when factoring in price, value of time, and convenience. I know just as many people like me as I do those who drive to DFW to fly out to save a little.
    Same here. Yes, everyone can pull an example where DFW or ICT or TUL has a noticeably cheaper option than OKC. Even I have booked multiple trips where if I had been willing to drive to one of those other airports I would have saved hundreds. But I wasn't willing. I prefer the convenience of OKC. But normally you can find a competitive price to other regional airports if you book in advance. If you are booking with very specific time constrains that won't always be the case.

The only time I ever choose another airport over OKC is to avoid two connections, and you have to do that for some European destinations. So I have chosen DFW to only make one connection before. Having a family trip go haywire with two days spent at JFK will cure you of booking two connection flights AND flights that change planes at JFK.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but frankly, I just assume our current airlines expand operations here than we get someone like Spirit. I wouldn't want Spirit to come and a current airline to decrease their current operations in response. I prefer actual customer service, and while we may complain about the legacy carriers, they and Southwest are head and shoulders above Spirit.

25. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Everyone, I sincerely appreciate the comments being made on this topic. This is the kind of information that Karen and I were hoping to gather for use in our airline meetings. If there is anyone not wanting to put their specific comments here or for anyone wanting to give additional details that they didn't include in their survey response, please feel free to email them to us at wrwa@okc.gov. Thank you.

Thread Information