Widgets Magazine
Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2452

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    My wife and I were discussing this yesterday: which city does OKC have the most direct flights to? I saw that Vegas has four flights on SW, but I would guess it would be either Denver or Houston.
    This was just a quick search for one week (January 7th-13th), but here's what I came up with:

1) Houston - 61 (IAH - 34 | HOU - 27)
    2) Denver - 59
    3) Dallas - 50
    4) Chicago - 36 (ORD - 30 | MDW - 6)
    5) Atlanta - 35
    6) Phoenix - 32
    T7) Las Vegas - 20
    T7) New York - 20
    T9) Charlotte - 14
    T9) Los Angeles - 14
    T9) Salt Lake City - 14
    T9) Washington DC - 14
    13) St. Louis - 13
    14) Austin - 14
    T15) Miami - 7
    T15) Minneapolis - 7
    17) San Antonio - 6
    T18) Orlando - 5
    T18) Seattle - 5

2. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Nm

From the October 26 WRWA Trust meeting, and minutes approving the design/managment plan. Looks like new terrazzo flooring is coming to the terminal.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRWA Flooring Memo 10-26-23.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	18429

Name:	WRWA Trust Minutes 10-26-23.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	18430

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    This was just a quick search for one week (January 7th-13th), but here's what I came up with:

1) Houston - 61 (IAH - 34 | HOU - 27)
    2) Denver - 59
    3) Dallas - 50
    4) Chicago - 36 (ORD - 30 | MDW - 6)
    5) Atlanta - 35
    6) Phoenix - 32
    T7) Las Vegas - 20
    T7) New York - 20
    T9) Charlotte - 14
    T9) Los Angeles - 14
    T9) Salt Lake City - 14
    T9) Washington DC - 14
    13) St. Louis - 13
    14) Austin - 14
    T15) Miami - 7
    T15) Minneapolis - 7
    17) San Antonio - 6
    T18) Orlando - 5
    T18) Seattle - 5
    Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by DelCamino View Post
    From the October 26 WRWA Trust meeting, and minutes approving the design/managment plan. Looks like new terrazzo flooring is coming to the terminal.

Name:	WRWA Flooring Memo 10-26-23.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	18429

Name:	WRWA Trust Minutes 10-26-23.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	18430
    Finally! The tile flooring is easily the most dated thing there.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    My wife and I were discussing this yesterday: which city does OKC have the most direct flights to? I saw that Vegas has four flights on SW, but I would guess it would be either Denver or Houston.
    SW currently has 2 nonstops and 2 directs OKC-LAS, 2 Nonstops, 0 directs LAS-OKC. There are several other options each way with a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I’ve taken the survey twice. “What do you call the airport?” Is not “we’re renaming the airport, pick one of these options.”

While you could make the leap that they definitely intend to rename it based on the first two questions, the rest of the survey led me to believe that it has just as much or more to do with marketing, mission statements, logos, promotional material, decorative aspects of the airport and doing things consistent with the new branding that make the airport easier to navigate and provides travelers with a more pleasant experience. It also sounded like they might want to know if the airport currently does a good enough job of conveying the story of Will Rogers and his impact on the state/country so that anyone coming through understood who the airport was named after.

It asks if the airport (not the airport’s namesake) is representative of OKC’s culture. That goes way beyond the name.

I insinuated that there was no reason to pick the absolute longest name for the airport…you said I obviously missed the reason…based on the questions they asked and the press release…I didn’t miss anything indicating that people don’t know where will rogers is nor did I see a reason we should rename the airport with the longest option possible (not smart for a city with one airport that is looking for better and more effective branding). A mouthful of word salad doesn’t make for good branding.

Based on the fact that neither the press release nor the survey explicitly mention renaming…I think the focus is on much more than that. Obviously they asked the first question to determine whether that’s something they should consider but again…I think you’re way too focused on that when I’m not sure that they are. Would love for someone who is actually involved or in the know to explain what they’re looking for in more detail one way or the other.
    Same here. There were no naming "options" like "Oklahoma City Will Rogers International Airport" or whatever. You could answer with whatever you wanted. I answered "WIll Rogers International Airport", which might currently be a stretch, but it was named "Will Rogers WORLD Airport" back in 1966, an even bigger stretch, and after all, we're talking marketing here, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Fly Southwest out of DFW? Airline, Airport confirm preliminary discussions regarding partnership that'd start in 2025 Because of lingering Wright Amendment constraints, Southwest has previously been unable to expand to DFW Airport without lessening its Dallas Love Field presence.
    https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...5-cc3313662350
    Wouldn't surprise me. They added Houston Intercontinental in '21 even though they dominate Houston Hobby, and Chicago O'Hare also in '21, even though they dominate Midway. AA won't be pleased,.

Quote Originally Posted by oktxatty View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. They added Houston Intercontinental in '21 even though they dominate Houston Hobby, and Chicago O'Hare also in '21, even though they dominate Midway. AA won't be pleased,.
    I actualyl like flying into Hobby and Love compared to Bush and DFW. Location for what I need and getting from terminal to terminal and terminal to parking is much easier.

Blog Entries

I40Meridian Re: Will Rogers World Airport

AAR announces extension and expansion of Alaska Airlines MRO relationship, expected facility expansion in Oklahoma City

The proposed new hangar will provide AAR an additional 85,000 square feet of MRO space to accommodate all 737 variants, including the 737-10. The project is anticipated to be funded by a grant from the State of Oklahoma, as well as rent concessions over time from Will Rogers World Airport.
    Link: https://www.aarcorp.com/en/newsroom/...rld%20Airport..

11. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

wonderful. hopefully OKC AAR can get more work from other airlines.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Hatch Early Mood Food has officially opened at airport. Not positive of closing time but opens at 530 am and will be open all day. Can't wait to try it.

Guess the airport is in the process of designing a new parking garage. Much needed, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Guess the airport is in the process of designing a new parking garage. Much needed, IMO.
    going next to the other 3??

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    estimated cost 36.5 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    going next to the other 3??
    Not sure where. I just saw it in their meeting minute packet.

Will Rogers World Airport to offer international flights in Oklahoma City with new center

https://okcfox.com/amp/news/local/wi...-for-community

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Will Rogers World Airport to offer international flights in Oklahoma City with new center

https://okcfox.com/amp/news/local/wi...-for-community
    They are furthering the possibility of offering international flights anyway. This has been planned since the last airport expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    They are furthering the possibility of offering international flights anyway. This has been planned since the last airport expansion.
    Hopefully it is a "If you build it....they will come" scenario but not holding my breath.

20. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

The optimist in me looks at this and says they must have some sort of incentive to finally get this done. On the other hand, it's probably going to take an incentive to get some sort of international flight.

If I had to guess I would say a one or twice weekly to Cancun (Thurs & Sun / Friday & Mon), most likely Frontier or Southwest.

My not holding my breath 2nd guess would be a once or twice weekly to Mexico City with AeroMexico. I know Delta hasn't shown a ton of love to OKC lately, but they are a partner with them. The international gate is right there where all the Delta gates are. Just makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    The optimist in me looks at this and says they must have some sort of incentive to finally get this done. On the other hand, it's probably going to take an incentive to get some sort of international flight.

If I had to guess I would say a one or twice weekly to Cancun (Thurs & Sun / Friday & Mon), most likely Frontier or Southwest.

My not holding my breath 2nd guess would be a once or twice weekly to Mexico City with AeroMexico. I know Delta hasn't shown a ton of love to OKC lately, but they are a partner with them. The international gate is right there where all the Delta gates are. Just makes too much sense.
    Cancun was my guess for first international flights

Channel 5 had a story about international flights. Airport director said possibly Mexico first, Caribbean next, then Central America.

Story was about the Customs area being completed late 2024 and flights possible early 2025.

Blog Entries

Northwest OKC Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Channel 5 had a story about international flights. Airport director said possibly Mexico first, Caribbean next, then Central America.

Story was about the Customs area being completed late 2024 and flights possible early 2025.

Am I the only person here who, while I think it would be cool, doesn’t really care at all whether we get an international flight? Not that it’s an either/or situation but if I had to choose, I’d rather we beef up our domestic non-stop options before moving beyond the borders. There seems to be an obsession with getting even a single international vacation option that I don’t really understand. Would it be cool? Sure. But does anyone here go to Cancun multiple times, or even once, a year?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Am I the only person here who, while I think it would be cool, doesn’t really care at all whether we get an international flight? Not that it’s an either/or situation but if I had to choose, I’d rather we beef up our domestic non-stop options before moving beyond the borders. There seems to be an obsession with getting even a single international vacation option that I don’t really understand. Would it be cool? Sure. But does anyone here go to Cancun multiple times, or even once, a year?
    I agree that i just want more non stops to any major destination domestic or international. However, I think more people would go to Cancun or other major destinations if it was easier to get to. I have friends that live in detroit and they do 3-4 day weekends to paris several times a year as it is easy for them to get there. We have started going to NYC more now that Delta has the non stop to LGA. Our second trip this year is planned for June for Billy Joel at MSG.

Thread Information