Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192065 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    I wish WRWA's airport website displayed real-time parking availability. I'm flying out tomorrow and would prefer to park in the garage, but yesterday when I dropped my wife off, the garage was full. If I can't park in the airport garage I would prefer to Uber rather than park there at all.
    Or something like DFW Terminal A has now: http://www.texasparking.org/2014%20C...rminal%20A.pdf

Lights above each space and directional assistance to open spots. And an app that notes space availability.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Don't give them any ideas!!!!
    don't worry, i've posted that on here before and it's still the same $7/day

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Or something like DFW Terminal A has now: http://www.texasparking.org/2014%20C...rminal%20A.pdf

Lights above each space and directional assistance to open spots. And an app that notes space availability.
    I would love this technology it would make the parking employees along with customers so much easier but if the parking at will rogers had that type of expensive technology then I believe the price would be a bit higher then the cheap 7 dollar a day that it is now. You will not believe how many Oklahoma people complain about the price now at will rogers parking, I love when out of state people park they love our cheap prices. I noticed that this technology you are talking about is westfield (?) it is $25 bucks for only 7 hours. I doubt oklahomans would pay that price to park

Speaking of which, garage is full (or so it says) so I circled back and parked at usapark. Figured I'd try them out! No covered parking was available though so for $2.95/day, there better not be any hail this weekend!

Also, no tide pens available at any of the shops here! Or maybe I should know better than to drink my coffee while driving in

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I would love this technology it would make the parking employees along with customers so much easier but if the parking at will rogers had that type of expensive technology then I believe the price would be a bit higher then the cheap 7 dollar a day that it is now. You will not believe how many Oklahoma people complain about the price now at will rogers parking, I love when out of state people park they love our cheap prices. I noticed that this technology you are talking about is westfield (?) it is $25 bucks for only 7 hours. I doubt oklahomans would pay that price to park
    WRWA has some of the least expensive covered parking of airports I visited. It is often less expensive to park than it is to take the Airport Shuttle. Although it isn't a comparison of similar facilities, I once paid nearly $60 to park for three hours in Manhattan.

Jax has the parking assist system and parking there doesn't cost much more than OKC.

Blog Entries

I've never had any issues with security at the airport parking garage, but a friend recently had his tailgate stolen off his truck that was parked at the airport parking garage. Upon researching he learned this was a frequent thing because those tailgates can be sold on eBay for $2K each. The guys who did it were eventually caught, but I believe he said they were stealing 5 tailgates per month. From the airport.

2 accused of stealing vehicle tailgates at Will Rogers Airport | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

According to court documents, Logan Dunn and Kaytlen Pomeroy were seen numerous times on airport surveillance video stealing tailgates from trucks parked in the long-term parking area of the airport. They are both facing a number of grand larceny charges.

Blog Entries

thanks for the clarification. clearly my account was not first hand and based on limited recollection of his account. my friend gave me the indication it had been going on for months.

Mark Kranenburg mentioned in a meeting I was at yesterday that the new car rental facility should be opening in February.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Mark Kranenburg mentioned in a meeting I was at yesterday that the new car rental facility should be opening in February.
    Cool. It really is a large facility, I hope it works well for the airport's needs.

It doesn't affect me anymore, but I have wished for the longest time for an OnCue or similar other large gas station/C-store to setup a location near this.

The airport has a ton of employees -- last minute food/snacks and coffee before work, as well as a lot of rental car users wanting to fuel the car up before returning. The nearest is a disgustingly maintained 7/11 a mile up the road

Blog Entries

Yeah I've griped about the lack of a good c-store off 152 that could service 152 users, rental cars, and airport picker-uppers waiting on delayed flights and such.

13. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I work nights at the MMAC and my lunch is 30 minutes. I can barely make it to tb or subway and back (usually late). Would love to have some other options closer to the airport. Nothing around those parts.

Blog Entries

Agree. I work MMAC days and it's 40 minutes round trip (that was before the construction on MacArthur) to drive to most things except Halftime. So I just end up eating in the cafeteria. Which I realize isn't an option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Agree. I work MMAC days and it's 40 minutes round trip (that was before the construction on MacArthur) to drive to most things except Halftime. So I just end up eating in the cafeteria. Which I realize isn't an option for you.
    When I was at Metro Tech, I used to go to Jack In the Box on 240/May. That was about the fastest option. Going north to Meridian or MacArthur was a non option as the traffic is always a pain.

I could go to JITB at 240/May and be back in about 25 minutes, and usually squeezing the last french fry in my mouth as I pulled back into the parking lot. There really is nothing convenient to the airport: workers or travelers. I'd pack a lunch most days.

It certainly is an opportunity that would probably be viable.

16. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

On my way to work today (~1500) I saw a white plane with black front wing tips. I couldn't see any markings on it and it had an odd shape. I saw it first making a hard upward turn, and by the time I was actually at the South gate it was landing at what looked like runway 13. Anyone know what it was?

I live at the sw corner of the airport. There is a small white jet with no markings that flies all the time around here. I just figured it was some flight training school as it is around all the time and seems to be circling the airport like it is doing touch and go's. Or maybe........the gov't is planning to takeover the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I live at the sw corner of the airport. There is a small white jet with no markings that flies all the time around here. I just figured it was some flight training school as it is around all the time and seems to be circling the airport like it is doing touch and go's. Or maybe........the gov't is planning to takeover the airport.
    You're correct, I believe that is one of Air Force trainer jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    And they probably hide it in the WalMart underground tunnels at night.

What is it like living so close to the airport? Do you get to where the sound of aircraft is like industrial noise to a worker and you pay it no attention?

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post

What is it like living so close to the airport? Do you get to where the sound of aircraft is like industrial noise to a worker and you pay it no attention?
    I live under the main approach for 28L in Portland and I very rarely hear any planes anymore even though I know they are there. Heard them the first few weeks but they blend into the background now.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    You're correct, I believe that is one of Air Force trainer jets.
    Air Force? I always assumed it was related to Air Traffic Control training - something like an FAA jet used to help ATC trainees track planes...

22. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Living near Tinker is far more of a "distraction". Commercial liners are much more quiet. But like catch said, you quickly learn to ignore it and it just becomes background noise. You don't see them flying over either.

Now when a C5 decides to come in on final approach and your house is under the turn, well your windows shake a bit and you hear those engines scream. But, like an earthquake to a Californian, you shrug your shoulders and keep doing what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post

I live just west of Jeepnokc and really plane noise isn't as bad as most think. Most of the time there isn't any because planes circle so far out, so unless you live right under approach you aren't going to hear it. There are some windy days that definitely increase it, but it's tolerable. If not I don't think so many people would be building all these large houses out this way.

I live on the approach to NAS Jax. For the most part the plane noise fades into the background. If I do hear it, it means it is something I should go check out just for the coolness factor alone. If it was available I would live in an apartment with a decent runway view.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Air Force? I always assumed it was related to Air Traffic Control training - something like an FAA jet used to help ATC trainees track planes...
    Nope. They have radar simulation programs for that.

The FAA does have a fleet of jets and turboprop aircraft; but they are not used for ATC training. They are used to test radio navigation aids when they are installed or maintenance performed on them. They have some based in OKC, and another fleet based in Atlantic City.

The trainer jets are to move pilots in the Air Force up out of turboprop trainers into jets. Turbine engines are a completely different world of flying, so these are essentially enough room for 2 pilots and that's about it. There's a little room in the back for a few seats.

Thread Information