sq. feet=6,968

Information & Latest News

10/21/14: Sold to HGL Construction of Midwest City for $850,000
    10/18/13: $200,000 building permit application
    1/13/13: Design review application

Links

County Assessor Record

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229esheridanwiki.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	4740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229esheridansite.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	4741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229esheridanside.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	4742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229esheridanfront.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	4743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229esheridan4.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	4744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229esheridan3.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	4745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229esheridan2 (1).jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	4746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229esheridan1.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	4747  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R020026600001qA.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	4748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229esheridan.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	271.2 KB 
ID:	4749  

Default Re: House of Bedlam

He just filed an application with the Bricktown Design Review Committee to renovate the building and surrounding streetscape.

However, I can't see the application itself, so I don't know the details.

HangryHippo Guest

So is he finally letting go of the canal side property and giving up his objections for something better going in there?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    So is he finally letting go of the canal side property and giving up his objections for something better going in there?
    That property is for sale and whoever buys it will have to come up with their own plan and have it approved by the Bricktown Design Review committee.

This is cool. That is one of the few boarded up buildings in Bricktown-albiet only one window is boarded up, but no the less.

If you look at all the recent activity, Bricktown property and Deep Deuce are getting very close to being completely built out.

Probably 20 different projects in progress right now and a bunch more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    I heard he wanted to turn it into parking (including digging out below to put in underground parking). Not joking.
    You heard wrong. If your relying on second help gossip, you need to find a better group of people to hang with.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    You heard wrong. If your relying on second help gossip, you need to find a better group of people to hang with.
    Don't forget to take your Metamucil, Gramps. And you don't always have to be such a scold. "Got off my lawn!"

9. Default Re: House of Bedlam

Um, rcjunkie, when it comes to information about applications before Bricktown Urban Design, I'd put my complete trust in Cafe. He's THE GUY who accepted the applications until a few weeks.

HangryHippo Guest

Cafe, why do you no longer take the applications? Leaving okc?

It's hard to call it second hand when it was the applicant himself telling me...

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Cafe, why do you no longer take the applications? Leaving okc?
    Yes, I left for a cushy private sector job. I left the City at the end of April to pursue an outside opportunity that I couldn't pass up.

I'm amazed at this new Chris Johnson rumor though. Wow, just wow.

Bricktown3 229 E. Sheridan

Here are the renderings for this project that will be considered in the next Bricktown Design Review Committee.

City staff has recommended Johnson re-work the side deck so as not to interfere with the public right-of-way.

Default Re: 229 E. Sheridan

I think the staff report says he needs to re-work the front (Sheridan) vestibule, not the side deck.

Do you know the use?

Offices for his business or someone else?

Retail location for t-shirts?

That is pretty darn nice. Is the patio to be part of a restaurant or coffee shop?

Yes, that's what staff is calling out. I agree with their position.

I think Chris actually intends to move Bedlam here and do a cafe with the outdoor deck. He's got some good ideas, but his insistence on parking has been his holdup.

Yeah - I assume you are referring to the angled parking on the east (?)side. That may be worth conceding since it isn't on the main thoroughfare and the setback exists today if the rest of the project is built according to the drawings.

That parking will likely narrow the street much in keeping with mainstreet programs/project 180 which would overall be a plus. This looks great.

Actually, I was referring to his previous development proposal, and the idea he had to add parking inside 229 E Sheridan. I think he's finally abandoned trying to make money off of parking and move toward making an actual retail impression in Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    I really l like the new footprint. The angled parking and the effective bulb-out behavior of the new patio and sidewalk is great. If he flattened out the streetwall I'd give this one a 100% awesome rating.

Only thing you could do if you were dreaming big is extend the patio to the north more. But there may be physical reasons that doesn't make sense.
    I do not agree with you on much, but on this I agree 100%

23. Default Re: 229 E. Sheridan

The parking proposal for inside of that building was not a paid parking scheme. It was tied to a development he was working on for the canal lots. It's nothing that has been discussed here or anywhere else publicly, so I'm not comfortable going into any further details, but just know that parking in that building was merely the byproduct of what he was working on elsewhere. I'm assuming that plan has stalled if he's moving on to developing the Sheridan building as retail, but I haven't discussed it with him lately.

So what about parking on this project? I am not seeing anything in the proposal for parking despite reading something earlier about his insistence on parking, and this being Chris Johnson of course...

In today's Journal Record, it's reported Johnson hopes to attract a "nationally know restaurant chain".

Thread Information