Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternate jerseys inbound, says Sam Presti

Default Re: Alternate jerseys inbound, says Sam Presti

Are you sure this isn't a spoof ? The name on the front is 'ThuDner'.......or is it just mis-spelled.?

i noticed that too... i think this is not real... cause if NBA2K13 really misspelled the name of the team, someone would be getting fired for not catching that one.

EDIT:

Although there seems to be a lot of these images out there.... perhaps this is the legit jersey... still don't like them... i like the look, just not the color, i don't like the navy blue. And really weird that Thunder is misspelled

Why do sports fans, especially football guys who like to consider themselves "manly", get their panties in a wad over uniforms? If I had a nickel for every time I hear a college football fan go on about Oregon or OSU's uniform combination.....

STOP BEING A NANCY. Geez, it's a uniform. If a uniform really takes away from or adds to your viewing experience THAT much, you have serious problems.

i don't recall anyone on this board saying they weren't going to watch the game just because of these alternative jerseys... i just think that we have very elegant looking jerseys now, and i was hoping that an alternative jersey would live up to those standards.

Quote Originally Posted by td25er View Post
    Why do sports fans, especially football guys who like to consider themselves "manly", get their panties in a wad over uniforms? If I had a nickel for every time I hear a college football fan go on about Oregon or OSU's uniform combination.....

STOP BEING A NANCY. Geez, it's a uniform. If a uniform really takes away from or adds to your viewing experience THAT much, you have serious problems.
    I guess your problem is more so about your experience with people who like Oregon or OSU's uniforms more so than it is with anyone who has complained about the not even official yet alternate uniform for the Thunder?

6. Default Re: Alternate jerseys inbound, says Sam Presti

speaking of alternates, I really like the Barons alternates this year. i hope the link works

OKC Barons Open House | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    I guess your problem is more so about your experience with people who like Oregon or OSU's uniforms more so than it is with anyone who has complained about the not even official yet alternate uniform for the Thunder?

Like I alluded to previously, my problem is with the people who get their panties in a wad over uniforms. Those that incessantly complain about how ugly/boring/embarrassing/etc a uniform (or logo) is. And also those that get a "rise" out of a uniform they like. IT'S JUST A UNIFORM. Who f'ing cares?

Calm down tder25, you know you can saying "freaking" on here right? ;-)

I think the uni is growing on me. If it is a jersey that says 'OKC' on the front then I will ultimately be happy, but these new THUDER unis remind me of a Georgetown Hoyas look and colors that I always liked.

9. Default Re: Alternate jerseys inbound, says Sam Presti

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post

wow... i now like the navy blue retro look... plus i would totally by a Thudner Jersey!

Like I alluded to previously, my problem is with the people who get their panties in a wad over uniforms. Those that incessantly complain about how ugly/boring/embarrassing/etc a uniform (or logo) is. And also those that get a "rise" out of a uniform they like. IT'S JUST A UNIFORM. Who f'ing cares?
    So you can't like or dislike a teams uniform, you can only like the team? That's an interesting perspective. LOL I happen to like the Thunder's home jersey, dislike their away jersey, the alternate jersey is starting to grow on me but I am also a huge fan of the team ALL at the same time; I guess I have serious problems. ;-) LOL

(I get what you're saying, I'm just having a little fun with it.)

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I saw this earlier and think it's a cool idea.

If you don't care then why are you posting about it so much? It's just something to talk about like any other aspect of sports...

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i just think that we have very elegant looking jerseys now, and i was hoping that an alternative jersey would live up to those standards.
    What's funny is that the reaction to the alternate jersey's mirrors the initial reaction to the current jerseys. I remember some pretty vial reactions initially.

At least these will appease those that freak out about orange.

The Thunder have the worst alternate jerseys in the NBA, I do like the Christmas jerseys though, those are nice

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    The Thunder have the worst alternate jerseys in the NBA, I do like the Christmas jerseys though, those are nice
    Okay, this is a little bit on the dramatic side. I like the alternate's more than I do the Christmas Day one's but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    i think Altanta and Toronto have had worse, and much worse... especially the retro green and blue hawks jerseys.... and lets not forget that everytime Denver wears an alternate or retro jersey, it actually makes me like their current ones more

i think Altanta and Toronto have had worse, and much worse... especially the retro green and blue hawks jerseys.... and lets not forget that everytime Denver wears an alternate or retro jersey, it actually makes me like their current ones more
    Even the new Spurs alternate jersey is worse than this.

I will have to check out the Hawks, Raptors, and Spurs alternate jerseys, I have not seen them

Hawks, Raptors, and Spurs alternate jerseys are decent, Thunder alternate jerseys are still the worst in the NBA, sorry!

did you also look at the Denver Nugget jerseys?

Denver Nuggets new uniform alternate jersey, going old school skyline

did you also look at the Denver Nugget jerseys?

Denver Nuggets new uniform alternate jersey, going old school skyline
    Ahh, my eyes! Okay, those are the worst in the NBA!

What's the point of alternate jerseys? Pay respect to the old days a few times each year?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    What's the point of alternate jerseys? Pay respect to the old days a few times each year?
    Merchandising....

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Merchandising....
    ]
    Lol. Yes, of course.

Thread Information