Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unique OKC houses

1. Default Re: Unique OKC houses

There is a geodesic house off of 23rd and Air Depot.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=35.48696...rce=gplus-ogsb

Default Re: Unique OKC houses

Interesting catch mmonroe -- would be nice to see a picture of that geodesic house.

Found a very interesting property -- the Cunningham house, in NW OKC. The rear of the house overlooks Quail Creek Golf Course.

front

back

interior

living room

master bedroom

Designed by Herb Greene. A bit more info here:
    http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19025672

When I saw this thread, I thought of a house that is in/near my neighborhood (which is comprised almost entirely of 1930s tudor-style houses). This picture is from the assessor's site...it was built in 2009 and I LOVE it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R063746690001qA.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	2540

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkTransplant View Post
    When I saw this thread, I thought of a house that is in/near my neighborhood (which is comprised almost entirely of 1930s tudor-style houses). This picture is from the assessor's site...it was built in 2009 and I LOVE it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R063746690001qA.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	2540
    Is that house finished yet? Seems like it still lacks some finishing everytime I drive by.

That the house on Villa? I'm really not a fan of people building modern houses in historic neighborhoods - although its better than some of these Edmond/Moore style houses you see pop up every once in a while.

Yes, it is. And I feel the opposite way--I don't like it when people build houses that mimic the historic houses in the area. There are a few houses in my neighborhood that have been demolished for one reason or another, and replaced with a new structure. The new houses never quite get the architectural details right...they might as well go for a totally different style.

But, I agree in that either one is better than a suburban-type house being built in the middle of historic houses.

Hopefully this link works. There is an interesting house off NW 150th, between Rockwell and Council. Not sure if I would want to swim in the pool though, LOL.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=py3...=b&form=LMLTCC

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    Hopefully this link works. There is an interesting house off NW 150th, between Rockwell and Council. Not sure if I would want to swim in the pool though, LOL.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=py3...=b&form=LMLTCC
    That was Dr Zhudi's house.

Thought so. I live on 19th in Crestwood. My biggest peeve are people that take the old cottage style homes and do a brick veneer on them to make them look like new construction. Id rather them spend that same money and add some architectural features to make them look Craftsmen style.

Agreed on the new homes built to look historical looking terrible. Someone did that on 24th in Cleveland and it looks awful. There's one in Linwood too - on 17th or 18th. Yuck.

I'm in Crestwood, too. I think our whole neighborhood is unique.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    We have some pretty nice shacks here in Northeast OKC, number one of which is 14,248 feet according to the county assessor's office. Not to mention fifty acres. There are a lot of multimillion dollar homes out here, but of course, it doesn't compare to Gallardia.
    C. T.
    Agreed. Quite a few of those unique homes are in Forest Park, and not just the ones on 36th St. Just mind the speed limit signs when you come through for your tour, and there won't be any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    That was Dr Zhudi's house.
    When did Dr. Zhudi move out there? I know he was in Nicholl's Hills about 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCyrus View Post
    Agreed. Quite a few of those unique homes are in Forest Park, and not just the ones on 36th St. Just mind the speed limit signs when you come through for your tour, and there won't be any trouble.
    there is a Spanish colonial in FP on the south side of 36th that I have loved for . . .forever. Don't know what condition it is inside, but the "bones" on the outside are fabulous!!

Back in the early 90's, when I was chasing leads for a "home improvement" company, I made a stop at a house that looked a lot like a castle, replete with a parking area that seemed almost like a surrounded courtyard and at least one big "turret" area. It seems as if it was located in a relatively isolated old neighborhood, near the "north" end of the road into the neighborhood, somewhere over in the area south of the Cowboy Hall of fame and north of the zoo, but I couldn't swear to that. From time to time I have tried to locate this place on a Google map with no success. Anyone have any idea where this place is?

It was for sure not the location of the former Keller in the Kastle. =)

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    When did Dr. Zhudi move out there? I know he was in Nicholl's Hills about 20 years ago.
    He had the house built. I am not sure of the date and he was living there as late as the mid 80's.

SoSA is about to dramatically increase this kind of housing stock

As far as castle houses go, this is a fairly unique affair in need of some TLC. I saw the inside of it a couple of years ago and it does play the part.

http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Est.../18961298.html

The late Architect Bill Howard, who passed away a few months ago had one of the most
    unique homes in OKC I believe. He designed a lot of noteable buildings in OKC such as
    Quail Creek Golf and Country Club as well as Church of the Servant on McArthur.

He worked for Frank Lloyd Wright in his early years and his sons carry on the family
    business.

Here is the listing for his home in Quail Creek now for sale:
    3341 Quail Creek Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73120 : KEESEE and Company, Inc.

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this yet, but Carey Place is on of the most unique 2 block stretch of houses in the city. We just bought a house there and love it! It is a great lil 2 block stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    He had the house built. I am not sure of the date and he was living there as late as the mid 80's.
    It's being sold now.

Yep, I'd definitely say it's unique.

$649,000. 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths. Sitting on a 5 acre lot in Deer Creek.

Originally built for heart surgeon Nahzi Zudhi.

Designed by architect Robert Roloff, who also designed the Gold Dome Bank, Leadership Square, and various other buildings in Oklahoma.

More pics:

Source: 7528 NW 150th, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (1051164)

Nice houses.

This one is near SW 10th and May. I thought it was unique.

2001:

2003:

2006:

2007:
    http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assess...87410001vA.jpg (high resolution)

2008:
    http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assess...87410001uA.jpg (high resolution)

2009:

2010:
    http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assess...87410001sA.jpg (high resolution)

2011:

2012:

24. Default Re: Unique OKC houses

Uh...does the City of OKC know about that place?

25. Default Re: Unique OKC houses

"Unique" is being kind in this case.

Thread Information