Widgets Magazine
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1462

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    OnCue has eliminated their self-serve propane machines and now requires you to stand in line at the cashier, pay them, then wait for them to come outside and unlock the cage.

I had to go to two different locations before I could find an employee with any clue how to even do it. What a gigantic PITA.

I usually go to Sam's Club but machines at both 39th & May and Memorial & Penn were out of order. It's much cheaper at Sam's; for an exchange it's $20 while at OnCue it's $30.
    I used the auto-exchange thing at the OnCue near downtown Edmond just this past Saturday... wonder if this is going to happen at every location or not.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    I used the auto-exchange thing at the OnCue near downtown Edmond just this past Saturday... wonder if this is going to happen at every location or not.
    I went by 3 and they all had been changed out.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Ha. U-Haul told me they fill tanks up full but the exchange places don't... They didn't talk about American Propane.
    They're correct that the exchange places don't fill the tanks all the way. Any place that does refills should be using a scale to determine if the tank is properly filled. You can also weigh your tank to see if they gave you a proper fill. Find the tare weight stamped on the tank (usually on the collar I believe), then weigh the tank and subtract the tare weight. If the result is under 20lbs, then your tank wasn't properly filled. This is a really good overview of what the refill process looks like, what the tare weight stamp looks like, and how the pros determine if the tank is full: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQvgnelHgmw

Pete what is going on with the old Hilton Hotel next door?

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Pete what is going on with the old Hilton Hotel next door?
    Nothing.

The lenders took it back several years ago, were going to fully renovate and reopen as a hotel, then that work stopped and signs went up saying it was going to be housing. Then that work stopped too and nothing has happened since.

^^^^ That's too bad, I remember back in the 70's when it was a very nice place. Everything changes over time, of course.

OnCue at I-44 and SW 104th; you can see the truck bays in the back in the 2nd photo:

As a local resident, I am glad to see only three truck bays. The distance between the lights at Portland and the interstate is very small and won't take much to back up these intersections. I am happy though I can get my on cue macadamia coffee on the way to work now though,

Can't tell if they are starting work at NW 13th & Classen or if the activity is still related to the adjacent road construction:

^^^^^^ Thanks for the Hilton info, Pete. ^^^^^

From the commercial real estate transactions in today's newspaper: "OnCue RE LLC paid Wilshire Development LLC $10,432,185 for 50 acres at Interstate 235 and Wilshire Boulevard." https://oklahoman-ok.newsmemory.com/...id_subscriber&

I don't remember seeing this yet. Apologies if it's already been posted.

^

They mean Broadway Extension and Wilshire Boulevard as I-235 ends at the I-44 intersection.

That is the vacant land on the NE corner that is owned by Aubrey McClendon's estate. It was also where Aubrey was planning an elaborate new HQ for American Energy Partners; was to have been a modern, multi-building campus.

OnCue must be planning much more than a typical service station, as the typical size is about 3-5 acres and they bought 50.

I wondered about the 50 acres and whether that was way more than usual for an OnCue. Care to speculate, Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    I wondered about the 50 acres and whether that was way more than usual for an OnCue. Care to speculate, Pete?
    I'm digging into it.

I suspect an OnCue on the corner and then developing the rest to piggyback on The Half directly north.

The Half has most of their property already spoken for apart from a few restaurant pads on the water and a couple more small office buildings south of Flix.

Maybe OnCue is moving their HQ to OKC from Stillwater? Would be much closer to the large majority of their stores.

Looking forward to hearing what you find out!

An OnCue is planned on the SE corner of 192nd and Portland; they have another location just two miles south on the NW corner of 164th and Portland.

Far North Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

This is great for those that live in Valencia, The Grove, and Castleberry and traveling north on Portland at the end of the day.

With the Deer Creek elementary school nearby, and new home construction in the area. this place should do great with getting carpool parents and construction workers.

OnCue's are now strategically placed out on outer NW edge of OKC
    -192nd and Portland
    -164th and Portland
    -150th and May
    -178th and Western
    -Memorial and Western

I noticed that OnCue now has self check-out kiosks in locations that have been remodeled.

Has anyone else noticed that OnCue's gas prices seem to be 10 to 20+ cents more than everyone else?

Top Tier Phillip 66 gas is probably the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that OnCue's gas prices seem to be 10 to 20+ cents more than everyone else?
    Haven't noticed that personally down here on the southside, though prices do vary quite a bit by location. According to GasBuddy.com, the average price for a gallon of Unleaded (E10) is $3.17, and most of the OnCue stations with reported prices are at $3.19 right now. For that matter - quite a few 7-Elevens are also at $3.19 as well.

That said, that is a fair bit more than the cheapest stations in the metro - Costco in Moore and a small handful of Walmart-branded stations are at $2.83.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Haven't noticed that personally down here on the southside, though prices do vary quite a bit by location. According to GasBuddy.com, the average price for a gallon of Unleaded (E10) is $3.17, and most of the OnCue stations with reported prices are at $3.19 right now. For that matter - quite a few 7-Elevens are also at $3.19 as well.

That said, that is a fair bit more than the cheapest stations in the metro - Costco in Moore and a small handful of Walmart-branded stations are at $2.83.
    In the I44 area, the On Cue at sw119 is always higher on diesel than the Murphy's Walmart at SW 104th. Will be interesting to see how the new On Cue truckstop going in at 194th competes. I think the little valero at the same exit is short for this world. They currently are the only station that offers 100% gas at that intersection so we go their for the mowers

I just noticed the one on NW 39th and Portland has self-checkout kiosks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I just noticed the one on NW 39th and Portland has self-checkout kiosks.
    I noticed that also at the store on SW 59th and Western a few days ago,,

Thread Information