Widgets Magazine
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1462

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I was in 3 different QTs in Tulsa last weekend and I will say that OnCue has them beat hands down on bathroom facilities. I was really surprised as all I've heard is how great QYs are.
    The founder of OnCue publically said that his stores are a rip-off of QT. He took the framework of QT and built upon it.

I think people appreciate QT because they were pioneers in the c-store scene. There would be no OnCues, like this, if it wasn't for QT.

But yeah there are some shoddy QTs in Tulsa. Really bad ones. They seem to be more focused on their next stage models and have left the older stores in the process. It's probably not easy to manage 500+ locations.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    The founder of OnCue publically said that his stores are a rip-off of QT. He took the framework of QT and built upon it.

I think people appreciate QT because they were pioneers in the c-store scene. There would be no OnCues, like this, if it wasn't for QT.

But yeah there are some shoddy QTs in Tulsa. Really bad ones. They seem to be more focused on their next stage models and have left the older stores in the process. It's probably not easy to manage 500+ locations.
    Yup, OnCue can almost exclusively focus on OKC and all of there OKC stores are relatively new, with the first stores in the market maybe only 10-13 years old.

QT still has a lot of the Gen 2 stores in play in multiple markets they serve. They are aggressively working to update/replace them, but like you mentioned, with so many locations, it takes time.

OnCue has great restrooms that are completely touch less and large. QuikTrip still has full doors and awkward entrances to the restrooms in their current Gen3 stores. Men's and Women's are on complete opposite sides and the ones I have been in there is an entrance/exit door directly adjacent to coming in and out of the rest room door.

I don't know how old or new the QTs were that I was in were but they were pretty large. As large as any OnCue. They were on the far east side of Tulsa around the Hard Rock so Catoosa area. I will drive past multiple convenience stores and gas stations to find an OnCue if I gave to go. Never been disappointed in the size or cleanliness of an OnCue bathroom. I buy all my gas there too. I can't remember the last time I was even in a 7-11. probably when the opened the new one on NW Highway and MacArthur just because it was new to check it out, and probably years before that before going in any other one. The few Casey's I've been in have never impressed me either and they have all been remodeled ones too.

My daughter had a flat this evening and pulled into the new On Cue at 104/Portland. By the time I got there, Jeremy who was working the drive thru was out helping and said he could just plug it as there was a clear hole where the nail was. I bought a plug set and he plugged it while showing me how in case I ever needed to. All fixed and I didn't have to change tire. (I have roadside but test driving brother's jeep thinking of buying it for daughter). Kudos to Jeremy and the On Cue staff.

Quote Originally Posted by bchandler02 View Post
    Except their stupid app doesn't like my Citi Mastercard that I use, so that's out. I refuse to link apps to my bank account.

Tap to pay isn't hard, many places do it, OnCue even used to do it. That tells me it is likely a $$ driven decision, not a technology limitation. Sad.
    Tap to pay (via card) is working now (within the last month or so) at 178th and Western.

I was just at OnCue on 39th and Portland and saw they now have recycle bins at each pump for plastic bottles and cans.

HangryHippo Guest

I was just at OnCue on 39th and Portland and saw they now have recycle bins at each pump for plastic bottles and cans.
    I love that. If they could add that and the tap readers back to all their locations, I’d be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    I love that. If they could add that and the tap readers back to all their locations, I’d be in business.
    I frequent the ones on the NW side of OKC, and they all have brought "tap to pay" back at the pump.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I frequent the ones on the NW side of OKC, and they all have brought "tap to pay" back at the pump.
    I’ve been on the west side a lot lately and none of them have it. I hope the future Western and 13th store has it.

Ok question for anyone that can answer. I have looked back at the first six pages of this thread and couldn't find an answer. Which On Cue was the first one? I thought it was the one on Wilshire and NW Expressway, but I am starting to think that is incorrect.

They use a numbering system and even though this isn't completely sequential, it's close:

100 5900 W Reno Ave
    101 1 NW 23rd St
    102 1610 S Air Depot Blvd
    103 5920 S Western Ave
    104 1900 E Memorial Rd
    105 800 S Broadway
    106 2917 S Douglas Blvd
    107 5500 Southeast 29th Street
    108 6200 N.W. Expressway
    109 9000 S Pennsylvania Ave
    110 7101 NW 39th Expressway
    111 3601 N Flood Ave
    112 13600 N Western Ave
    113 4413 S. Shields
    114 15035 N May Ave
    115 3201 S Kelly Ave
    116 3901 N.W. Expressway
    117 7400 S. Sooner
    118 411 Southwest 4th Street
    119 2837 NW 36th
    120 4100 E. 15th
    121 SW 119th & I-44
    122 Czech Hall & I-40
    123 10800 N. May Ave.
    124 900 East State Highway 152
    125 NW 10th & Portland
    126 300 S. Council
    127 7000 S. May
    128 2301 N. Douglas
    129 5251 E. Waterloo Rd.
    130 10000 W 66 Highway
    131 1600 Richmond Square
    132 5 SW 104th ST
    133 17801 N. Western
    134 NW 164th * Portland
    135 9801 NW Expressway
    136 1534 SE Grand
    137 1530 S. Mustang Rd.
    138 NWC 24th & Lindsey
    139 Classen & Highway 9
    140 SEC 39th & Portland
    141 SWC 13th & Western
    143 820 S. Meridian

HangryHippo Guest

I’m hoping 141 gets rolling soon!

13. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Pretty sure the first to open was Store 103

143, 820 S. Meridian is one that surprised me. Driving down Meridian a few days ago, saw it and thought when did that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Pretty sure the first to open was Store 103
    I'm 95% sure 103 (at SW 59th and S Western) was the first OnCue to open in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    What year was that? I know for the longest time I never went to one because all I ever saw on their signs was prices for E10 and diesel so I assumed they didn't have 100% gas which was all I used. Then a friend told me they sold both and from that time on that's the only place I buy gas.

17. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

What year was that?
    I believe construction started on it in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I believe construction started on it in 2006.
    Yes, opened in 2006.

"But Oklahoma City appeals to another local chain, OnCue Express, which built its first store in Oklahoma City in 2006"

https://journalrecord.com/2010/08/04...-general-news/

I had no idea they have been here that long. The first one I ever went to was on 39th and Rockwell and it had been there for a while before I ever bought gas there. Thinking maybe 2015 or around that time. Looking at OK County Assessor pics it wasn't there in 01/2012 (dirt work) and was there in 08/2014 (completed and open). There was no 2013 pic.

20. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

What year was that? I know for the longest time I never went to one because all I ever saw on their signs was prices for E10 and diesel so I assumed they didn't have 100% gas which was all I used. Then a friend told me they sold both and from that time on that's the only place I buy gas.
    I ask this in sincerety because l am ignorant on the subject but why do you buy only 100% gas? I understand there may be a benefit if you have and old vehicle but any car of recent years is built to use ethanol mixes.

Better fuel mileage especially if the vehicle is Flex Fuel. There is less BTU energy content in ethanol than gasoline. You have to burn (inject) more volume of fuel with ethanol to get the same power output. That's what FF vehicles do. They run at a richer stoich air/fuel ratio in closed loop fueling depending on the alcohol content (inject more fuel). Stoich A/F for 100% gas is 14.7:1, for E10 is 14.1:1 and for E85 is 9.1:1. Don't know if you understand A/F ratios but the ratio is the parts air/parts fuel. If the vehicle is non flex it will be down on power on E10 because the BTU content is less than 100% gas. I also have a few performance vehicles (Camaros) that require 91 Octane and just prefer 100% 91 for those cars. The only E OnCue sells is E10 and E85. All their higher octane fuel is 100%. There is obviously a demand for it or tit wouldn't be available at so many stations.

I just bought a new Audi suv and it recommends 91 premium and 87 octane at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    I just bought a new Audi suv and it recommends 91 premium and 87 octane at the minimum.
    Vehicles have knock sensors that detect spark knock (detonation) usually caused by too low octane fuel. The more knock they detect over time the computer will start lowering the ignition timing to try and prevent knock. Less ignition timing will reduce power. Mfgs have been raising compression ratios on engines and switching to direct injection (injecting the fuel directly into the combustion chamber like a diesel) in an attempt to improve fuel mileage while maintaining power output. The higher compression ratios require higher octane. Octane is basically resistance to detonation. Detonation over time will damage the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I think 15th and Air Depot was 1st in the metro as they started in Stillwater. 59th and Penn and Reno and MacArthur were 2nd and 3rd. If I remember right there was a big discussion on here as OnCue bought the church that used be across the street out from under 7-11 the day the church was supposed to sell to 7-11.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    I think 15th and Air Depot was 1st in the metro as they started in Stillwater. 59th and Penn and Reno and MacArthur were 2nd and 3rd. If I remember right there was a big discussion on here as OnCue bought the church that used be across the street out from under 7-11 the day the church was supposed to sell to 7-11.
    If they do it sequentially store #99 is located in Norman at Classen and Lindsey.

Thread Information