Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: They're such sweet dogs

Default Re: They're such sweet dogs

And the hits just keep on coming...

No charges likely after 14-year-old girl Jade Anderson savaged to death by four 'out of control' dogs - Crime - UK - The Independent

A 14-year-old English girl was killed by five dogs - two bull mastiffs, two Staffordshire bull terriers - while eating lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    And the hits just keep on coming...

No charges likely after 14-year-old girl Jade Anderson savaged to death by four 'out of control' dogs - Crime - UK - The Independent

A 14-year-old English girl was killed by five dogs - two bull mastiffs, two Staffordshire bull terriers - while eating lunch.
    Why on earth are we reviving this thread from three pages deep to post a story on a dog attack in the UK, half a planet away??? People, it's gonna keep happening despite the argument of how the owner raises the breed and whether or not its natural instinct is to attack other living organisms, lol. Just deal with it.

I get angry at the people who breed pits and indiscriminately parcel them out to families that aren't equipped to handle them or willing to keep them. Notwithstanding that I don't trust them not to snap, I would be the first to say that, when they are in their right minds, these dogs are loving and adore their families. Go down to the pound, however, and see cage after cage after cage of these poor dogs dropped off because their owners - for whatever reason - no longer are willing or able to care for them. It will break your heart. The cruelty these dogs can display has an emotional counterpart in the worthless owners who abandon them.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Stories like this make me so angry. That poor child. What a horrific and senseless way to die.
    I agree, the owner should be held responsible.

21-Month-Old Girl Mauled To Death By 7 Pit Bulls At Family?s Home « CBS Atlanta

Again.

"All the dogs had access to the house, nine dogs in all,” Bryan County Sheriff Clyde Smith told the Morning News. “She habitually played with dogs, all of them. But they drug her all over the yard. Something turned them on her. We don’t know what."
    The little girl would have turned 2 in June. Her name has not been released.

You leave a 21-month-old baby with 7 dogs and go take a nap?

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    You leave a 21-month-old baby with 7 dogs and go take a nap?
    Bad parenting, no doubt - but that doesn't cause the dogs to attack. You couldn't make my dogs do that. At worst, they'd nip to be left alone. If it was just bad parenting, we'd be hearing about packs of Cocker Spaniards and bird dogs eating up children. Doesn't happen.

Guessing you'll never get a Pit but I'm glad I have mine. He was trained and socialized right.

Guessing you'll never get a Pit but I'm glad I have mine. He was trained and socialized right.
    No, I'd not get a pit. Even if I trusted the breed, I don't want to encourage the breeding of dogs that are so frequently abused, neglected and abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    No, I'd not get a pit. Even if I trusted the breed, I don't want to encourage the breeding of dogs that are so frequently abused, neglected and abandoned.
    There are lots of dogs that are abused, neglected and abandoned.... not just Pits.

Ohio man charged in fatal dog park shooting

This is a triple tragedy: Two dead dogs and criminal charges filed against the owner of the attacked dog.

A man takes his dog to a dog park in Cincinnati and is attacked by a woman's pit bull mix. The man has a concealed carry permit, he retrieves his weapon from his vehicle and shoots the woman's pit bull. It appears that both dogs have since died.

The 74-year-old man has been charged with a variety of offenses including criminal damaging and endangering, and discharging a firearm within city limits. Ohio law establishes that dogs are property, and that a firearm cannot be used to protect property.

I agree that you can't shoot a purse snatcher who has stolen your property, but IMHO it seems reasonable that a person can use a firearm to stop an attacking animal. We see that here in Oklahoma without charges being filed.

rednecks and their guns...

I guess since he didn't claim his life was in danger they see it differently. Doubt there's much of a chance of a jury convicting him.

There are lots of dogs that are abused, neglected and abandoned.... not just Pits.
    I challenge you to go spend time at the pound. Just pick 5- 10 different days and go see who is locked up in there. It will rip your heart out to see how many sad eyed pits abandoned by their owners. Yes, there are other breeds but the pits, lord. It is a shame.

Oh, but I should also add that you really can't get an idea of what is going on without also checking how many pits were brought in because they bit someone or because their family felt like they were getting too aggressive. Those poor dogs don't get stuck out in the kennels waiting for families - they won't be eligible. They just get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by td25er View Post
    rednecks and their guns...
    Thank god for the rednecks, then. But I sort of take exception to that since I know quite a few guys with ph.d's who love their guns. And quite a few also love opera, art and the "high brow" hobbies/interests we tend to associate with the elite.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    I challenge you to go spend time at the pound. Just pick 5- 10 different days and go see who is locked up in there. It will rip your heart out to see how many sad eyed pits abandoned by their owners. Yes, there are other breeds but the pits, lord. It is a shame.

Oh, but I should also add that you really can't get an idea of what is going on without also checking how many pits were brought in because they bit someone or because their family felt like they were getting too aggressive. Those poor dogs don't get stuck out in the kennels waiting for families - they won't be eligible. They just get killed.
    I used to volunteer at an animal shelter and I've been to the OKC one several times not to volunteer but to play with some of the animals. Yes there are Pits but there are also many other different breeds that are there for different reasons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33624384_2003916622983391_4810640207932030976_n.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	14748

19. Default Re: They're such sweet dogs

Holy time machine, Batman! This has got to be a record for oldest thread revival.

I took a break. Your welcome.

Thread Information