Widgets Magazine
Page 134 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3484129130131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3524

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    All you have to do is look at history. State question 788 for Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative in 2018 won 56% to 43%, that is a convincing win. The same people will mostly likely vote the same way today. SQ 820 will pass.
    I don’t think everyone is aware I talked to several folks who didn’t even know there was an vote today

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Seems to be the take on this, but actually the opposite logical reaction if one doesn't like the current state of the marijuana industry in OK. A 'No' victory could be a missed opportunity to get more supply side regulation with funding to implement and enforce it. At best, it's just kicking that down the line again.
    i agree with you i am not "pro MJ" per say

but we already have it everywhere and it is not going away so we should tax the heck out of it and get some tourism dollars out of it ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I hate to keep harping on this but the medical law isn't so open for everyone. But I realize I'm in a minority. If it fails I'm going to have to start traveling to Missouri or talk friends in Missouri or Colorado to come visit me more often.
    ?? how so?? a med card takes a few dollars and a phone call . ??

^ The people who want to vote on it, know about it. I asked a few people and they didn't know about it either, but didn't care either way.

All you have to do is look at history. State question 788 for Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative in 2018 won 56% to 43%, that is a convincing win. The same people will mostly likely vote the same way today. SQ 820 will pass.
    I think having it be on its own ballot vs a primary ballot like 788 was with a ton more press and turnout is not going to be an apples-to-apples comparison. Interestingly, on the Let's Fix This podcast, they noted that this will be the first time anywhere in the nation that a recreational marijuana vote is on its own independent ballot with no other races.

I'm pretty politically tuned in, as are many of my friends, and I've just seen way less talk about going to vote today than a typical election. I don't know if that's because people are more hesitant to publicly share their views on marijuana, but something tells me a lot of people aren't aware this is happening (or why it matters).

Let me sum it up, I don't even smoke, but I voted YES....lol... My daughter has her medical card, and didn't even vote...lol....so there you have it.

Let me sum it up, I don't even smoke, but I voted YES....lol... My daughter has her medical card, and didn't even vote...lol....so there you have it.
    Anecdata, yes, but I think your point about your daughter who has her medical card and didn't bother to vote is exactly what a lot of us have been citing as a reason we doubt its passage.

^But again, my point still stands. My daughter didn't vote on SQ 788 either. The people who care about it will vote. Only 500,000 turned out in 2018 for 788.

9. Default Re: Cannabis

I’m not convinced that it will pass, but i’m also not convinced that the 65+ vote is uniformly opposed to the question puff, puff, passing. A lot of those homies love to hit the kush and they have plenty of time to do so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Marxijuana
    Hahaha!

11. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    ?? how so?? a med card takes a few dollars and a phone call . ??
    I've pointed out countless times. I have to have govt clearance to have my job. But in 21 years I've never heard of a drug test on our facility. So I can't take the chance of getting a card raising a red flag somewhere. So without recreational I still face the prospect of living in pain or drinking way too much like I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    I’m not convinced that it will pass, but i’m also not convinced that the 65+ vote is uniformly opposed to the question puff, puff, passing. A lot of those homies love to hit the kush and they have plenty of time to do so.
    65+ are not uniformly oppossed. Personal knowledge of several who by and large are in favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    Far Left?
    Yeah, from several social justice concerns such as ACLU. I haven't heard if they put anything in SQ820 to make it far left. I wonder if there are any far-right organizations that would donate for Chris Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i agree with you i am not "pro MJ" per say

but we already have it everywhere and it is not going away so we should tax the heck out of it and get some tourism dollars out of it ..
    15% tax on rec and then the close to 10% regular sales tax come to 25%. To me, that is plenty taxing the heck out of it. A lot dollars would come from Texas and Kansas. Dispensaries would get busy on game days in Norman and Tulsa.

15. Default Re: Cannabis

Looks like the “yes” vote is getting smoked in the early returns, but the night is still so young.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I've pointed out countless times. I have to have govt clearance to have my job. But in 21 years I've never heard of a drug test on our facility. So I can't take the chance of getting a card raising a red flag somewhere. So without recreational I still face the prospect of living in pain or drinking way too much like I do now.
    this doesn't make any sense ..... if you are happy to violate your job terms when rec is in OK (because it will still be federal Illegal) then why not just get a wife/girlfriend / friend whoever to buy it for you now??

Looks like the “yes” vote is getting smoked in the early returns, but the night is still so young.
    Horrible start considering most early and absentee tends to be more progressive.

This is going to be a blowout isn’t it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Horrible start considering most early and absentee tends to be more progressive.

tulsa and oklahoma counties are only 15 and 12% in and both are 59/60 percent yes .. so i is going to tighten up

The tail wags the dog in Oklahoma. The whoa our children, crime, cartel crowd always shows up in Oklahoma when trying to decriminalize something. This State LOVES to put people(mostly poor or undereducated) into jail or stick a charge on them for any number of reasons. They'll stick a needle in your Arm real quick though. You people know ain't no progress hapnin in Oklahoma anytime soon. It COULD squeak out depending upon the metro areas but without large TO this is doomed.

Delaying the vote worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    alt point of view when something is widely available legally there is little incentive to go vote to have it widely available legally and taxed more ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Yeah it did. But didn’t Stitt have a good buddy that just happened to start a business to tabulate and verify petition signatures. This is actually a master class we’re witnessing

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    The tail wags the dog in Oklahoma. The whoa our children, crime, cartel crowd always shows up in Oklahoma when trying to decriminalize something. This State LOVES to put people(mostly poor or undereducated) into jail or stick a charge on them for any number of reasons. They'll stick a needle in your Arm real quick though. You people know ain't no progress hapnin in Oklahoma anytime soon. It COULD squeak out depending upon the metro areas but without large TO this is doomed.
    Oh, well, 820 election results, so far, just prove further what a legendary political story SQ788 was, probably a once in a lifetime one. SQ788 led early in the returns and never gave up the lead. I'm proud I participated in it early to help make it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post

looks that way now 50% in and a almost 26 point lead .. . almost 70k votes ..

Thread Information