Widgets Magazine
Page 135 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3585130131132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3524

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Oh, well, 820 election results, so far, just prove further what a legendary political story SQ788 was, probably a once in a lifetime one. SQ788 led early in the returns and never gave up the lead. I'm proud I participated in it early to help make it possible.
    It literally changed the landscape and smells in the air. Which is consequently why a lot of the same people that voted for it, but don't use it were not that motivated to vote yes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    It literally changed the landscape and smells in the air. Which is consequently why a lot of the same people that voted for it, but don't use it were not that motivated to vote yes tonight.
    i think a lot of people that use it also were not motivated tonight ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    looks that way now 50% in and a almost 26 point lead .. . almost 70k votes ..
    Who told the 820 group not to wast time getting the word out., from the early vote total of less than 25k.could this be one of the lowest turn out elections in recent history

Low turnout even for Oklahoma standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Low turnout even for Oklahoma standards.
    it is going to be around half of what the governor election was 1/3 of the presidential election

that is not bad .

Cleveland county is even about to flip to NO.

This was a disaster for the YES campaign.

the only chance this had of passing was to run up numbers in Ok/Tulsa/cleveland counties ..

OK is 55% yes Tulsa is 53% yes and Cleveland is 50/50 those numbers won't get it done ..

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Cleveland county is even about to flip to NO.

This was a disaster for the YES campaign.
    and cleveland has flipped to NO

the only chance this had of passing was to run up numbers in Ok/Tulsa/cleveland counties ..

OK is 55% yes Tulsa is 53% yes and Cleveland is 50/50 those numbers won't get it done ..
    Guessing that makes you happy.

and cleveland has flipped to NO
    the next closet counties to yes are payne 60% no and Muskogee 63% no ...

This is what happens when you have a major SQ in March. Pathetic that the state was allowed to move it from November.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Guessing that makes you happy.
    actually no .. MJ is already everywhere in oklahoma (and that is not changing in any event) regulation higher taxes and possible tourism .. all would be good at this point ..

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    This is what happens when you have a major SQ in March. Pathetic that the state was allowed to move it from November.
    i think these results are showing that it wouldn't have mattered ..

tulsa county is down to 52% yes and Ok county is down to 54% yes

15. Default Re: Cannabis

The fact the election was delayed until March had almost nothing whatsoever to do with the loss. A quick glance at the precinct and county results and comparing them to 2018 would show you that; large percentages of people who voted yes in 2018 are voting no this time. This question is getting OBLITERATED. Larger turnout *might* have improved the vote margin for yes by 2 points, but it would still be destroyed.

People who make the “delayed vote” argument simply don’t understand why people voted no and apparently don’t want to. It’s easier to make the simplistic argument. Read the politico article that was posted earlier. It’s a good examination of the nuances. The reporter interviews people who supported medical marijuana in 2018 and even some current dispensary owners who are opposed to 820 for a variety of reasons. None of them have to do with “the election was delayed until March.” The fact is it didn’t have the support in large part due to rural opposition (hell, it’s barely winning the cities and ultimately may not.

The idea that having the election in November would have made the difference, when Kevin Stitt absolutely demolished his opponent on the strength of rural Oklahoma voter support, which is the same constituency killing this SQ, is hilarious.

16. Default Re: Cannabis

The nice thing about this election result is that it makes me more excited about moving out of state.

Disappointed and also not surprised. We don't vote in this state.

I didn't expect it to pass but even I'm a bit surprised it was defeated this badly.

Tulsa county has now flipped to NO and Ok county is down to 52%

20. Default Re: Cannabis

I live in one of the more liberal precincts of OKC. Today, my precinct went 67% for Yes and 33% for No. In 2018, for the vote on medical marijuana, it went 90% for Yes and 10% for No.

Edit: Looking at some of the other OKC precincts that are typically liberal leaning, the vote shift didn’t uniformly happened. A lot of consistent support and high turnout in 2018 and today. Not sure why my precinct had such a large shift.

i think a lot of people that use it also were not motivated tonight ..
    We'll see how motivated they can get should the legislature take election results as time to dismantle the mj med program.

22. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    We'll see how motivated they can get should the legislature take election results as time to dismantle the mj med program.
    Not going to happen. Medical marijuana has broad support in the legislature, including among the most conservative members (again, see Politico article someone posted). More importantly, legislative leadership is uniformly supportive.

I just saw the results, I am happy and relieved that it failed but to anyone who voted yes, it could have been worse, both laws could have failed

I think most people are happy with medical MJ and see no reason to expand to full recreational. Oklahoma already has some of the most lax laws for medical and anyone and everyone that wants one can get a card. Arkansas also defeated recreational last November.

Im sorry but these people are going to turn off rural OK voters. I mean wearing a mask, seriously???

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    The fact the election was delayed until March had almost nothing whatsoever to do with the loss. A quick glance at the precinct and county results and comparing them to 2018 would show you that; large percentages of people who voted yes in 2018 are voting no this time. This question is getting OBLITERATED. Larger turnout *might* have improved the vote margin for yes by 2 points, but it would still be destroyed.

People who make the “delayed vote” argument simply don’t understand why people voted no and apparently don’t want to. It’s easier to make the simplistic argument. Read the politico article that was posted earlier. It’s a good examination of the nuances. The reporter interviews people who supported medical marijuana in 2018 and even some current dispensary owners who are opposed to 820 for a variety of reasons. None of them have to do with “the election was delayed until March.” The fact is it didn’t have the support in large part due to rural opposition (hell, it’s barely winning the cities and ultimately may not.

The idea that having the election in November would have made the difference, when Kevin Stitt absolutely demolished his opponent on the strength of rural Oklahoma voter support, which is the same constituency killing this SQ, is hilarious.
    That politico article explains it all. The moderate voters didn't expect there would be more weed shops per square mile than in California when they voted for medical cannabis. I think in their mind, the establishments would be more classy like in Europe. Maybe things would be better if the state actually enforced the current laws. Kind of hard to make the argument that legislation would bring in more tax revenue when were not collecting all the revenue now due to lax laws. 10 percent of the state are already card holders.

Thread Information