Widgets Magazine
Page 99 of 141 FirstFirst ... 49949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 3524

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

well that's a lot of nothing but people trying to feel important. SBC doesn't really have much to do with all that. but glad they feel better about their little resolutions

Slightly on topic. I think this crop would be a nice boost to Oklahoma Agriculture. It makes very strong rope and is biodegradable. Unlike the Nylon and Plastic rope, that never seems to go away. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=spartandhp

3. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Slightly on topic. I think this crop would be a nice boost to Oklahoma Agriculture. It makes very strong rope and is biodegradable. Unlike the Nylon and Plastic rope, that never seems to go away. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=spartandhp
    Only slightly on topic. Hemp and cannibus are in the same family but are two different plants. Hemp doesn’t produce any psychoactive compounds.

Hence, the slightly on topic statement. I did not find a Hemp thread. We have the perfect soil and weather conditions for this crop. This would be a good crash crop for Ok. https://www.growandmake.com/make-hemp-rope/

I'm hoping the legislature allows the medical cannabis program in Oklahoma to continue as is without too many additional restrictions. Once people see that it's not going to cause the sky to fall, we can start talking recreational legalization. Oklahoma needs to beat Texas to the punch on that.

And so it begins.

http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf...B325%20int.pdf

Tl;Dr - it gives counties the option to completely ban marijuana and even to arrest cardholders. In addition, it removes employment protections for cardholders.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    And so it begins.

Tl;Dr - it gives counties the option to completely ban marijuana and even to arrest cardholders. In addition, it removes employment protections for cardholders.
    No ..just if they use it while at work, which is how it is everywhere.

I can understand having a county option to ban dispensaries and grow ops similar to the way Arkansas handles dry counties. In fact I'm surprised that wasn't already a part of 788. However, allowing counties to completely ignore 788 and continue full-on prohibition is going to be a big problem.

And so it begins.

It will be interesting to see if he amends it so that those caught with marijuana but have license are exempt. I doubt a county would want to jail patients with difficult medical conditions. If not amended, or better thrown out, it remains as an attack on medical marijuana patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    It will be interesting to see if he amends it so that those caught with marijuana but have license are exempt. I doubt a county would want to jail patients with difficult medical conditions. If not amended, or better thrown out, it remains as an attack on medical marijuana patients.
    Also if any patients were jailed in these backwoods counties wouldn't the authorities be required to give the perp their medical MJ while in jail?

Blog Entries

Oklahoma County jail has enough problems paying contractors for basic medical care of inmates; you can imagine the legal expense they would incur should they have to ship inmates to local hospitals--not to mention the security that would accompany the inmate.

I don't see why jails would have an obligation to provide or allow use of medical marijuana. Any more than an in-patient at a hospital can expect it to be provided.

Just emailed my Rep. and Sen. to ask them to vote against it.

It will be interesting to see if he amends it so that those caught with marijuana but have license are exempt.
    According to a TW article, that seems to be his plan.

Casey Murdock said, though, that he plans to amend the bill to ensure licensees in counties that opt out won’t be harassed for having medical marijuana, whether homegrown or purchased legally. Murdock also told the World he anticipates incorporating a grandfather clause so businesses in operation won’t have to close if their respective counties later decide to opt out.
    All this being said, there's nothing to say this bill will even get heard, or out of committee.

The grandfather clause is surely to make a relative of his happy, who has a med marijuana operation in his district. How cool. The relative won't have to face any new competition.

The grandfather clause is surely to make a relative of his happy, who has a med marijuana operation in his district. How cool. The relative won't have to face any new competition.
    I thought the same thing when I saw the relative was opposing this bill. I'm like, dude, shut up and take the good thing when you get it.

https://kfor.com/2019/01/17/gov-stit...a-in-oklahoma/

I wonder what kind of regulations we can expect. Qualifying conditions? THC limits? Ban on certain types of products (like Arkansas)?

https://kfor.com/2019/01/17/gov-stit...a-in-oklahoma/

I wonder what kind of regulations we can expect. Qualifying conditions? THC limits? Ban on certain types of products (like Arkansas)?
    I really hope they go to the multitude of states that have already done this, both medically and recreationally and take the successful parts of what they've done. We're not the first ones that have done this and do not need to start from the ground up or do really stupid things (like entertain the option of banning it county-by-county)!

I think there are things that need to be changed/clarified but I'm very concerned they are going to attempt more Reefer Madness bullstitt. I'm worried about a Utah situation happening here, where the LDS church managed to lobby and overrule the will of the people. The MMJ program they ended up with is extremely restrictive.

http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf...B763%20INT.PDF

They want to allow limits on the amount of THC product that can be purchased each month. Seems to me this would be a very difficult thing to actually implement. Maybe I'm wrong though. Does the OMMA currently track purchases for cardholders?

http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf...B763%20INT.PDF

They want to allow limits on the amount of THC product that can be purchased each month. Seems to me this would be a very difficult thing to actually implement. Maybe I'm wrong though. Does the OMMA currently track purchases for cardholders?
    And how exactly are they going to measure the exact amount of THC each product contains? I don't think OK is at that stage of technology yet, but I could be wrong. Anyway, another bill I get to send emails to my Sen. and Rep. about, thankfully they're Hicks and Walke, so they'll probably vote the correct way on it if it makes it to the floors.

Seems sort of meaningless. It's up to the doctor if a limit is set. I cant see any of the current ones wanting to set limits. Maybe this would get more mainstream doctors to make MM recommendations?

Thread Information