Widgets Magazine
Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 257071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2876

Thread: Friends for a Better Boulevard

Default Re: Friends for a Better Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    And I also wrote the history book; interviewed more than 100 people, spent seven years going through city/Urban Renewal/chamber archives. Vision, your enthusiasm is to be admired. But I'm not sure you fully understand how all this works.
    OK, STeve thank you for all your hard work & input.

Now, that has zero to do with me having a differenct POV. ...or perspective. ( as I said before, being "SO CLOSE", can make things seam to be more difficult, than they actually are.)

Steve, I have never written a story for any paper, that is not my 'background / or History" of success in that field.

But when it comes to large initiatives ( complex structures ), I can run w/ that (organization) and do it successfully. ...and do it w/ enthusiasm!

SouthsideSooner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post

Now, that has zero to do with me having a differenct POV. ...or perspective. ( as I said before, being "SO CLOSE", can make things seam to be more difficult, than they actually are.)

Steve, I have never written a story for any paper, that is not my 'background / or History" of success in that field.

But when it comes to large initiatives ( complex structures ), I can run w/ that (organization) and do it successfully. ...and do it w/ enthusiasm!
    Well there you go... it might help if you would share with us some of your experience and accomplishments in public works projects or any "large initiatives" for that matter...

What proof do you have? Steve has covered OKC since 1990 and has lived here for longer than I have been alive (I am 34). He has also written four books (OKC 2nd Time Around, Skirvin, Operation Scissortail and Bricktown) all having to do with downtown OKC. I think most people on this board would take his word over yours on anything having to do with DT OKC.

... Timeless Vision.

...again, do any of you have any ( Ideas ) or just playground banter? Age is not that important, but Maturity is a huge plus in life. So, ...any ideas ( warren / plut /david / okok ) that are a "must have" for the BLVD?
    Ok, I'll play. We need to have bike lanes and wide sidewalks with a speed limit no higher than 25mph in the CBD and 40mph outside of it. I would like to see a large traffic circle at the Western/Classen/Boulevard intersection instead of any sort of bridge.

But, what do I know? I am just a college grad, working at a bank.

I am not a consultant that the city hires for hundreds of thousands of dollars who have been doing this for decades and have more projects under their belt than I can count.

Now, tell me OKVision4U, why do you think the city and ODOT are listening to consultants and not me?

Better question...how come the city is not listening to OKVision4U? That's right...because he does not know what he's talking about, he has no more experience with it than anyone else on here & if he does he won't reveal his experience so it doesn't really matter, lol.

... This the time to SHOW OUR BEST. Project 180 hits the nail on the Head, and the BLVD should be / must be even higher in excellence. ...

This surely is a ban-worthy offense.

Project 180 hits the thumb on the nail.

7. Default Re: Friends for a Better Boulevard

OK, I see where this is going now.

... Like I said, Seamless. There has not been a large project in the history of Oklahoma, that was "100 % perfect". That is the Nature of projects.

The entire MAPS 1 was : Large projects making it through the design process / contracting process / construction / completion phase(s) and all with a great since of accomplishment & pride for OKC Metro.

....yeah, I like my word better.... Seamless.
    To quote the Princess Bride: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Blog Entries

Oh well, how do you teach a blind man what yellow is? Some people don't even know enough to know what they don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I am going to go against my better judgement and respond to you directly since this post was directed at me.

I have no problem with people having vision. I have a problem with people not having a plan to carry out that vision.

There are a bunch of moving parts with the Boulevard that neither you or I have control over (i.e. COPTA, ODOT, Mayoral council, etc) and you are just wanting all them to come together and work to make it happen and it is not that simple. Go back and read the first 75 pages of this thread and you will see that there are sources of funding for this particular boulevard where certain things have to happen before it can be implemented. It is the same thing for all of the other projects you are so blindly saying, "MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW!!!!!!!!!!" There is an amount of due diligence that has to be done before these things can be implemented. Or, you can raise billions of dollars yourself and build a park or a convention center yourself, only having to answer to the design committee and that is about it. I can't remember the timing, but Mick Cornett set up a website asking if another MAPS was wanted by the people and 85% said yes. The MAPS 3 proposal was official about six months later and was voted on several months after that. It was over a year from asking if we want something to the actual vote of it. You want everything to be built today with no regards to how it is going to be funded and just going into debt to get it built big and quickly. Very few people on this forum and in real life agree with you.
    Warren88 - This is the first time I have seen some "solid" input regarding this topic from you. I did not lay-out a finance plan ( only stated that I did not want CHEAP , cheap in value w/ poor design ).

... Timeless Vision.

...again, do any of you have any ( Ideas ) or just playground banter? Age is not that important, but Maturity is a huge plus in life. So, ...any ideas ( warren / plut /david / okok ) that are a "must have" for the BLVD?
    This syntax is rather tortured. Also, your gratuitous use of quote marks is making my brain hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    This syntax is rather tortured. Also, your gratuitous use of quote marks is making my brain hurt.
    I want to believe Radical Moderate has gone bipolar and decided to troll us with inanity and tripe.

But I think this is legit trolling

Warren88 - This is the first time I have seen some "solid" input regarding this topic from you. I did not lay-out a finance plan ( only stated that I did not want CHEAP , cheap in value w/ poor design ).
    Really? This is the first time? Go back and look at all the other posts I directed at you in regards to light rail. Also look at post #1895 in this thread. This^^^ is not "solid" input. This is basically telling you what the last 75 pages said since you were too lazy to read and educate yourself on the matters at hand. I appreciate you being a "go-getter" and "gung-ho" about development in OKC, but you need to be realistic and by most of your posts, it does not seem that is your forte.

Rover was being nice, I know a man who is so stupid, he can't comprehend that he is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I want to believe Radical Moderate has gone bipolar and decided to troll us with inanity and tripe.

You forget that Radical Moderate, even with his confusing asides and nuances, can properly structure a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Rover was being nice, I know a man who is so stupid, he can't comprehend that he is stupid.
    So it's ironic that John Malcovich portrayed him, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Well, you left Larry speachless. You win...
    I had typed a few responses, such as "revisionist history much?" and the like but Steve did a better job at saying what I was wanting to say...

Had to laugh about the sausage making comment since Steve has used that analogy a few times when writing about the various MAPS...

It's "Butchering the Steer," dammit.

Know one really knows what to say to Radical Moderate because its just random historical factoids. So people just think to themselves "thats interesting" and moves on. lol

20. Default Re: Friends for a Better Boulevard

Damn straight, Tier2.

I never "troll".
    Still . . . I remain hopeful that "the message" is received.

i said all that i have/had to say about "The/A 'Better' Boulevard" some time ago.

Hopefully all of OUR ideas--especially "mine" =)--will be taken into account regarding the actual construction of a new roadway "thru" OKC.

I remain a Friend of a Better Boulevard although I rarely go "downtown".
    It is one of the perks of living in The Village . . . that comes with a downside.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM2 View Post
    You forget that Radical Moderate, even with his confusing asides and nuances, can properly structure a sentence.
    i never confuse asides and nuances. =)
    (maybe a little weak on punctuation and style, admittedly . . .)

Sometimes, I think RadicalModerate is Shakespeare reincarnated addicted to crack standing on a pedestal rapping poetry like a president of a third world country on a closed CNN network. Yep that sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Sometimes, I think RadicalModerate is Shakespeare reincarnated addicted to crack standing on a pedestal rapping poetry like a president of a third world country on a closed CNN network. Yep that sums it up.
    You just described Afroman.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    And the crazy part is sometimes (a majority, I'm afraid) I understand him and enjoy it (not the understanding).

Thread Information