Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    I went the first night of the pre-grand opening, I went really for two things, 1. Do they refill air tanks for paint ball, and yes they do. 2. Where are the disc golf discs.. overpriced of course and I would still buy the same discs online cheaper and the selection at Dick's was smaller. Not real impressed with the disc golf stuff, but everything else was nice. Besides, where else are you going to buy a kayak in the middle of the afternoon?
    ...and where is this place? Dick's is right across the street for me.
    I use CO2 tanks and used to have them filled at a little paint ball store on Air Depot. Avid Extreme Sports is in Moore off I-35. I would use my CO2 more often if I didn't have to drive across town to get my tanks filled.

Thanks for the information.

2. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

When I think of the OKC Metro.. I picture a DFW (minus the bad parts that come to mind) in twenty years with how fast these suburbs are growing. We could be urban before you know it.

Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

Saw in Real Estate section of Oklahoman today that McAlisters signed lease - hope that means something will happen soon.

Not sure what's going on with Dick's, but they do not seem to be getting much business. I've been in there twice now and have been surrounded by associates immediately. Although I appreciate the excellent service, it doesn't seem to bode well for future employment if business is slow.

Yes - they are pricey, but I found several items in there that kept me from having to order and wait for LL Bean delivery. Only store in eastern OK county that carries Brooks Adrenaline for women- and at a good price.

4. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

I'm still trying to figure out what is going in about 3/4 of a mile north on the east side of the road. Browning Capital, LLC or something like that... but no signs about what is going in...

I'm still trying to figure out what is going in about 3/4 of a mile north on the east side of the road. Browning Capital, LLC or something like that... but no signs about what is going in...
    I've wondered myself, but no indication whatsoever. Hope it's not another insurance company!

6. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

So far it looks like just what MWC needs....yet another little couple store strip center......SARCASM.

7. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

We NEED more form based design when it comes to these places, and a little cohesiveness to tie them together...

I may have missed it while reading through the thread but, does anyone know where McAllisters is going to be?

9. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

per my understanding, it's suppose to be on the west end of the same building "Dick's" is in.

Thanks. When my daughter came home from college for Christmas, she was lamenting the fact that we didn't have a McAlisters in MWC. I told her they were putting one in but I wasn't sure where.

Tried to go to Schlotzky's on opening day - Sunday - I think they need a couple of weeks to get kinks out.

Design of parking lot totally inefficient - the drive-thru wasn't open yet, so all traffic had to enter from and exit to Air Depot. They had a full lot at 2 PM and lines out the door. One couple was walking out as I was waiting for an open spot to park and said they'd been waiting for 30 minutes just to order but were giving up.

Think I'll wait until February and try again.

12. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

Yeah, i never go when things first open....give them a month or so to get the lines down. Plus when you first open, you're super slow while you figure it out. Not to mention that Schlotzkys is on the slow side anyway.

That parking lot does look odd to me....and as you say, inefficient. But the old one near Blockbuster was pretty stinkin' bad too. The old Carls Jr site was the only real parking lot they ever had.

13. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

terrible parking lots... cough Cici's... cough.

And the new Schlotzsky's makes Cici's parking look easy!
    I don't see another curb cut, so evidently the sole entrance/exit for the new building is off Air Depot. It would have been so easy to have a least a drive-through outlet to that little street parallel with AD behind the building - wtf?
    Oh, well - they are getting good business it seems. I'll try them next weekend when I return from DC.

15. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

I think McAlisters is moving now. I've seen trucks at the Air Depot facing suite of the new structure over the last week or so.

The Office Depot move isn't doing anything though. With that being said, i wonder what the lease at the current site is like. If it doesn't end soon, then there's no reason to be doing anything at the new site yet....not that there's really much to do for an Office Depot anyway.

16. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

OK so i had them backwards. McAllisters has their Now Hiring sign up on the suite next to Dicks.

Which totally confuses me now. Because the other shop doesn't really seem sized right for an Office Depot.

17. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    So far it looks like just what MWC needs....yet another little couple store strip center......SARCASM.
    So it's a Little Ceaser's! Why in the world would they be moving 1/2 mile up the road into a similar little crappy 2 store building of the same size?!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    So it's a Little Ceaser's! Why in the world would they be moving 1/2 mile up the road into a similar little crappy 2 store building of the same size?!
    Oh good grief - that is very odd. Maybe it's just another way to grab some of the Tinker quick lunch crowd? I've wondered why there weren't more fast food places south of 15th on AD - but Little Ceasars? Ick

19. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

I had it right the first time for McAllisters. The Air Depot facing side is McAllisters. They must have just been using the other suite as a hiring space while they worked in the actual suite.

So now we wait to see when/if Office Depot moves.

Mcalister's opening this Friday. Sure it will be a mad house for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by okcboomer View Post
    Mcalister's opening this Friday. Sure it will be a mad house for a week or so.
    After the fiasco for first three weeks at Schlotzky's, I think I'll wait at least a month for McAlisters, unless I can catch them at an off-time. Training and working-out-bugs-time has a long curve.

22. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

Looks like they're all settled at Schlotzkys and McAlisters so everyone go by any time now.

And the new supposed Office Depot still sits vacant. So what's the deal with that?

Noticed an Office Depot banner hanging from the roof when I was visiting Dick's. Not sure if any activity is going on at the proposed location.

24. Default Re: New Business and Relocations Including Dick's, McAlisters, Office Depot and Gap

I noticed that a few weeks ago....but when I've been near the other store, I haven't seen any changes yet. I thought I saw something on the banner about a timeframe, but I don't remember now.

There's been work going on in the store for like a few days now. Not sure when they plan to open though.

Thread Information