Widgets Magazine

Thread: tomato plants

Default tomato plants

i'm working on finishing up my garden and am looking for tomato plants. i've bought from lowes and horns in the past, but have not been satisifed with lowes and horns has closed. i'd like to know where others have bought their plants from and their experiences. i'm in mustang but will try anyone in the city or norman.

thanks!

Default Re: tomato plants

I still get mine at Lowes and other than hail, scorching temps and rabbits mine have done OK

I like Attwood’s in Norman for garden plants and fertilizer.
    They have reasonable prices and a good selection, most of the time… They do run out of things.
    I would suggest calling them to see when a truck comes in or checking out other Attwood's locations.

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    I like Attwood’s in Norman for garden plants and fertilizer.
    They have reasonable prices and a good selection, most of the time… They do run out of things.
    I would suggest calling them to see when a truck comes in or checking out other Attwood's locations.
    Used Lowes and WalMart in the past. The Mrs paid 3.40 a plant each for 2 a couple of weeks ago....the dog got into the garden and dug them up, and she happened to be in Guthrie this weekend. Red Dirt nursery is right on Division, she bought a dozen tomato and pepper plants for 12 bucks.... and they are huge.

forgot about atwoods. i'll have to run by there later in the week

6. Default Re: tomato plants

We buy our starters at the downtown OKC farmer's market area. Always had good luck with tomatoes, peppers, onions, etc.

Thread Information