Widgets Magazine

Thread: Reputable Auto Window Tint installation

Default Reputable Auto Window Tint installation

Any reputable quality auto tint places in the OKC/Edmond area? Just bought a new car and quality is more important than price. I don't trust new car dealers word of mouth. I used Tunes and Tint in Enid when i lived up that way for years, tint never peeled or bubled. Heard horror stories of Altamere and other well advertised places around here.

Thanks!

Default Re: Reputable Auto Window Tint installation

If it is still there, there was a place on West Lindsey between McGee and SW 24th. North side of Lindsey, behind the Shortstop.
    I'm fairly certain they did the tint on my tank for its prior owner, back in late 03 before I bought the beast in 04. Tint is still fine today.

3. Default Re: Reputable Auto Window Tint installation

Alta mere

Anywhere but Alta Mere. I had my truck done at the 4wd store just north of Norman on the east side of I-35. I just went in to get a price estimate and they ended up doing it right then with no appointment.

6. Default Re: Reputable Auto Window Tint installation

As I stated in a previous thread - my recommendations are Adams in Bethany (have to make an appointment and leave it) or Star Tint at NW 10 and Villa (done while you wait). Have had multiple cars done at both places with great results.

7. Default Re: Reputable Auto Window Tint installation

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    As I stated in a previous thread - my recommendations are Adams in Bethany (have to make an appointment and leave it) or Star Tint at NW 10 and Villa (done while you wait). Have had multiple cars done at both places with great results.
    Adams put 20 miles on my brand spanking new truck when I took it to them for tint. They can COABAD for all I care.

Angel at Quality Window Tint. 405-620-5943. Fast, perfect job, and really cheap in relation to most other places. He's done 4 of my (counting the wife's here) cars in the last couple of years.

Since this thread is here, I have a question about tint....

Is it normal to see faint scratches in the tint, from whatever tool was used to apply the tint to the windows, months after it was applied? Or is that an indication of a bad tinting job?

9. Default Re: Reputable Auto Window Tint installation

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Since this thread is here, I have a question about tint....

Is it normal to see faint scratches in the tint, from whatever tool was used to apply the tint to the windows, months after it was applied? Or is that an indication of a bad tinting job?
    I've gotta say, bad tint job. I have literally had probably 20 cars tinted in the last 15 years and none showed any scuffs or tool marks but two had lingering air bubbles (1 month later) and I had them replace those sections.

10. Default Re: Reputable Auto Window Tint installation

9 times out of 10, that will be from your window rubbing it's tracks or the trim as it goes up and down. But if it's the tint itself? Take it back, they'll likely fix it for free.

I've never tinted my window before, what price range am I looking at? Does the tint percentage matter in relation to cost?

Star Tint off 10th, used them for multiple cars and have always been pleased.

Usually the price is the same regardless of darkness as most of the cost is labor. The price will depend mainly on the number of windows you're having done and if you have to have old tint removed.

BradR pretty much covered it all.

Don't be afraid to go too dark.

If you want the darkest legal tint allowed, make sure to insist on it. Some places will only apply what is 80% legal unless you are specific.

Just so people know.

25% film is darkest 'legal limit' in OK. This applies to every window except the front windshield - where you are allowed to have any darkness from the top down to the marked AS-1 line.

17. Default Re: Reputable Auto Window Tint installation

Your cost will be dictated by the number of windows and the quality of tint. The longer the warranty the higher the price.

Unless you black the windows out and live in Edmond, I wouldn't worry about how dark you go (except for the fact it can be hard to see out of at night). OCPD does not enforce tint laws. However, I have seen many people ticketed in Edmond - based on their ages, looks like they target the college crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Your cost will be dictated by the number of windows and the quality of tint. The longer the warranty the higher the price.

Unless you black the windows out and live in Edmond, I wouldn't worry about how dark you go (except for the fact it can be hard to see out of at night). OCPD does not enforce tint laws. However, I have seen many people ticketed in Edmond - based on their ages, looks like they target the college crowd.
    Our neighbors car is super blacked out, I mean you can't even see in it if you had a flashlight and glued you eyes to the glass. My windows on my car are actually above the legal limit, but not much. The car I used to have, had the front window tinted and I was pulled over 6 times from the Edmond PD and was given a warning every time. Note: that the same officer pulled me over 4 times and kept giving me a warning lol. The last few times he pulled me over for it, he didn't even check my license, just go out of his car and gave me a warning and said I need to fix it, and I said" "oh sure, I'll do it tomorrow" and that happened 4 times until I sold it. I wonder how they go about enforcing it. It's funny that happened, but I'm glad non-the-less I didn't get ticketed.

i had good luck with jackie cooper (near crossroads)
    it's been 8 yrs with no bubbles or separations

I wasn't sure the Edmond rumors were true, but this thread seems to confirm it.

Edmond PD is the only time I have ever been stopped for tint as the actual infraction I broke. I have very dark tint, including the windshield. I was ticketed by EPD once (so far). Other times have been verbal warnings.

I always do 5% tint on any car I drive and have yet to have any issues with it but then again I don't visit Edmond.

Thread Information