acerage=1.54
    Tenants

Courtyard Grill
    Links

County Assessor Record
    Website
    Gallery

Default Re: Marriott Courtyard

$570,000 building permit to do an interior remodel of this hotel.

That's not surprising given all of the new competition downtown. Most hotels require that occasionally.

My friend that's going to be a manager at the ambassador gave me a tour of it the other day. That place is going to be pretty cool and will blow some of the upscale hotels downtown out of the water. You're right, the competition is heating up. Hotels like the courtyard are going to have to step it up to compete, glad to see they are.

That's interesting but then again it is a John Q Hammons hotel. Marriott needs to get after the Waterford that place has not been remodeled since the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    That's interesting but then again it is a John Q Hammons hotel. Marriott needs to get after the Waterford that place has not been remodeled since the 90's.
    It's been a couple of years since I've been in there. Is it going downhill that bad?

7. Default Re: Marriott Courtyard

I stayed at the Waterford in the presidential suite over my wedding weekend. They had already started remodeling the lobby. The rooms had that old school feel to them, but they def needed to be brought back to life. Still one of my fav hotels

Does the Waterford still have their open to the public brunch?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    My friend that's going to be a manager at the ambassador gave me a tour of it the other day. That place is going to be pretty cool and will blow some of the upscale hotels downtown out of the water. You're right, the competition is heating up. Hotels like the courtyard are going to have to step it up to compete, glad to see they are.
    Is the Ambassador open yet? I just googled it and it looks very impressive. I have always heard the Waterford was one of the nicest hotels in the city, is that no longer the case?

As for Courtyard by Marriott, I have always considered them a lower end brand, sort of like Four Points by Sheraton. Its a step down from the flagship, full service Marriott brand or the Renaissance brand.

10. Default Re: Marriott Courtyard

the Courtyard downtown is not lower end but a different boutique like service point than say Renaissance. This is true for Courtyard here in downtown Seattle as well as other's I've stayed in.

Both CY and RN are urban hotels in downtown locations with RN tending to be more full service; definitely not the suburban Courtyards you see along the freeways that I'd agree with you are on the lower/budget end.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    the Courtyard downtown is not lower end but a different boutique like service point than say Renaissance. This is true for Courtyard here in downtown Seattle as well as other's I've stayed in.

Both CY and RN are urban hotels in downtown locations with RN tending to be more full service; definitely not the suburban Courtyards you see along the freeways that I'd agree with you are on the lower/budget end.
    You said it well. That's exactly what I was thinking. The Courtyard by The Plaza in Kansas City was operated as an almost luxury-lite hotel a few years ago. I haven't been there in a while, so don't know what it's like now. But they can really do them nice in the urban locales. It's almost like there's a flag name missing they should fit into. Definitely nothing like the suburban CY locations.

12. Talking Re: Marriott Courtyard

exactly, I was thinking that when I was writing, that the downtown Courtyard Hotels really aren't the same as the suburban ones other than the name and that they typically still have a 'courtyard'. Almost seems like they should have a different name but I do notice that the downtown ones just go by Courtyard Hotel instead of Courtyard by Marriott.

I suppose this is why Marriott names them the same but downtown ones really are a step above often with a bit of flair one expects of a well established boutique hotel.

Anyway, nice to hear they are upgrading. $500K isn't a lot of cash, so that just shows where they actually already are in the downtown hotelscape, but they're still committed to being better to keep up with the jones's coming online.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    exactly, I was thinking that when I was writing, that the downtown Courtyard Hotels really aren't the same as the suburban ones other than the name and that they typically still have a 'courtyard'. Almost seems like they should have a different name but I do notice that the downtown ones just go by Courtyard Hotel instead of Courtyard by Marriott.

I suppose this is why Marriott names them the same but downtown ones really are a step above often with a bit of flair one expects of a well established boutique hotel.

Anyway, nice to hear they are upgrading. $500K isn't a lot of cash, so that just shows where they actually already are in the downtown hotelscape, but they're still committed to being better to keep up with the jones's coming online.

That's exactly correct. I was in Montreal recently and stayed in a downtown Marriott. They were building a new downtown Courtyard Hotel there that was probably at least 30 - 35 floors and the exterior looked better than the Marriott I was in.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    That's exactly correct. I was in Montreal recently and stayed in a downtown Marriott. They were building a new downtown Courtyard Hotel there that was probably at least 30 - 35 floors and the exterior looked better than the Marriott I was in.
    I know we had some problems in another thread, but I'll give you this one because you're absolutely right. You've been in the travel business for a long time, so I'm sure you know what you're talking about here. It's very interesting and something I hadn't really thought a lot about until reading Hot Rod's post.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Is the Ambassador open yet? I just googled it and it looks very impressive. I have always heard the Waterford was one of the nicest hotels in the city, is that no longer the case?

As for Courtyard by Marriott, I have always considered them a lower end brand, sort of like Four Points by Sheraton. Its a step down from the flagship, full service Marriott brand or the Renaissance brand.
    No, pretty much all rafters and drywall right now. There is a model room set up though and it was really nice. I think they are targeting February for an opening date.

Thread Information