Widgets Magazine

Thread: The dreaded "heat dome"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: The dreaded "heat dome"?

I'm a bit torn on the issue. I grew up back in the Great Lakes and did like seeing various seasons. Shoveling snow just goes with the territory and for areas that are prepared for it, really doesn't mean anything. Up there a 6+ inch snow fall are usually cleared off the highways in a couple of hours. Down here it shuts things down for awhile. It is all perspective and the experience that area has with dealing with certain types of weather. I personally enjoy cooler weather better than the insane heat of last year. Does that make me weak? Eh, that is more so a pompous bullying statement used to attempt to thrust ones superiority over another - so whatever to it. I'll wave it off as a momentary lapse of common sense and a flashback to a high school mentality. LOL

As far as the forecast outlook are we heading there already? Not yet. So that is a good thing. I just wish I had better news on rain chances however as they don't look amazing for the next 2 weeks.

Default Re: The dreaded "heat dome"?

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Does that make me weak? Eh, that is more so a pompous bullying statement used to attempt to thrust ones superiority over another - so whatever to it. I'll wave it off as a momentary lapse of common sense and a flashback to a high school mentality. LOL
    I'm tuff'r than you are because 90 days of 100+ temps dont' bothurr me!!!

If you look at ou48A post history its pretty easy to tell that he is the resident idiot.

Back on topic, Its amazing how refreshing yesterday and today have felt. Moderate winds, temps in the 60-70's, and for me atleast it gives me a huge burst of energy and i get so much more accomplished afterwork.

Default Re: The dreaded "heat dome"?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post

If you look at ou48A post history its pretty easy to tell that he is the resident idiot.

Back on topic, Its amazing how refreshing yesterday and today have felt. Moderate winds, temps in the 60-70's, and for me atleast it gives me a huge burst of energy and i get so much more accomplished afterwork.
    Now that’s not very nice!

4. Default Re: The dreaded "heat dome"?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post

At some point you just learn to roll your eyes are certain posters like they are your crazy great Uncle/Aunt or something. He is pretty passionate about his core ideology, but aren't we all at times? He's definitely not the worst on this board, he at least contributes thoughts more than the copy/paste spam that others do. Some people you just have to take in moderation. LOL

As far as the cooler temps...I do enjoys these and I'm right there with you. The nice breeze, cool temps, really helps get things going.

Thread Information