Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Capitol hill high school:..not forgotten

Capitol Hill Capitol hill high school:..not forgotten

Hey Redskins.....Can you still read and write? We don't hear from any of you guys and gals but the Rickster....We remember the spot...Hickory Pit, Hollies and even Coach Speegle...But, the input from Southside Redskins would be wonderful......Man, that hurt to say that being as I am a U.S. GRANT GENERALS Graduate.....Talk to us .... let yourselves be know.....Most of your situatuations from the past are far beyond the Statutes of Limitation. Just Kidding....Ya'll had a great school (when we weren't too afraid to go over there) and many Southsiders jump in here....

Default Re: Capitol hill high school:..not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Hey Redskins.....Can you still read and write? We don't hear from any of you guys and gals but the Rickster....We remember the spot...Hickory Pit, Hollies and even Coach Speegle...But, the input from Southside Redskins would be wonderful......Man, that hurt to say that being as I am a U.S. GRANT GENERALS Graduate.....Talk to us .... let yourselves be know.....Most of your situatuations from the past are far beyond the Statutes of Limitation. Just Kidding....Ya'll had a great school (when we weren't too afraid to go over there) and many Southsiders jump in here....
    Ok us generals have ousted you 64!!

Dang turncoat!!

Quote Originally Posted by grantgeneral78 View Post
    Ok us generals have ousted you 64!!

Dang turncoat!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nah:... no turncoat.....being nice...they won't do anything anyway, they just talked about things.....See....

I went to Capitol Hill for a while. It was back when the driver’s education machines still had reins instead of a steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by FRISKY View Post
    I went to Capitol Hill for a while. It was back when the driver’s education machines still had reins instead of a steering wheel.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
    Good One:....You know at the last Southside meeting there was ONE lone girl there.....Shows the guys haven't changed have they....You know Capitol Hill NEVER Beat Grant in a Football game when I was going to Grant.....How do you like them apples boys.....

From the one lone girl. Maybe at the next meeting I can get a couple from Capitol Hill. When will it be?

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDE GIRL View Post
    From the one lone girl. Maybe at the next meeting I can get a couple from Capitol Hill. When will it be?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We don't know, Our planning co-ordinator won't talk to us and we're lost.....You may have to take over for her......She did go to Southeast though so, oh well.....We still Love her like a little Sister.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We don't know, Our planning co-ordinator won't talk to us and we're lost.....You may have to take over for her......She did go to Southeast though so, oh well.....We still Love her like a little Sister.....
    Well actually she would be my older sister....she wont hit me!

Quote Originally Posted by grantgeneral78 View Post
    Well actually she would be my older sister....she wont hit me!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------got a message from Sonnergirl:....Hoo-Ray...thought some other thread was moving in on us. She's busy and not made at us. said she would show her pretty little face soon.....Don't pick on her guys.......

Come on Capitol Hill Grads, you have memories so let's post them

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Girl, you're going to have to get out your old Cheerleader outfit to get the Capitol gang involved....lol

Maybe no one Graduated from Capitol Hill!

(DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD?)

Maybe they are still in detention...I know there are some Capitol Hill Graduates or Capitol Hill Atendees out there reading this... We would enjoy hearing your stories from the past.....Grant used to use your football field for all our games and we want to thank you guys for that....

Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Pics?
    Pictured would be even better:.....I don't know how to get the Capitol Hill folks to answer any of our pleas....

CHHS Alum are just being nice to you wanna b's! We just are afraid you might hurt! I have never seen one but I am sure that having to peddle that bike to keep your computer up and running is tuff.

My dad went to Capitol Hill High as a sophomore when it was near Commerce street and Bruce Drake was his basketball coach.

Does anybody ever read the Capitol Hill Beacon? I'm in there every week.

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    CHHS Alum are just being nice to you wanna b's! We just are afraid you might hurt! I have never seen one but I am sure that having to peddle that bike to keep your computer up and running is tuff.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sheesh, when you guys finally appear (as usual) you come up from out of the dark and wham here, we go again...Great to have someone from the Hill.....I think Grant Cheerleaders use to say "Beat the Hill on Friday night"....

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: Capitol hill high school... not forgotten

Sheesh, when you guys finally appear (as usual) you come up from out of the
    dark and wham here, we go again... Great to have someone from the Hill...
    I think Grant Cheerleaders use to say "Beat the Hill on Friday night"...
    Capitol Hill High School? Was there really a place? Where was this place
    located?

That's true!! But you fella's did not know that they were not talking about sports!!

I read the Beacon and love it! Capitol Hill Jr High is on Robinson between 26th and 27th. The high school has always been at 36th and Walker.

I read the Beacon and love it! Capitol Hill Jr High is on Robinson between 26th and 27th. The high school has always been at 36th and Walker.
    I was thinking my dad told me the building either used as the Jr High or near the Jr. High was once the highschool in the late 20s.

Look for "Silliman on Sports". It's always on the last page of the Beacon.

Prunepicker Guest

That's true!! But you fella's did not know that they were not talking about
    sports!!
    HEY! Was that a shot?

SouthsideSooner Guest

I was in the class of '75 at Capitol Hill but don't have much nice to say about it.

My first year of high school was the first year of the "Finger plan". I grew up thinking that I would attend Grant but was bused to Capitol Hill instead. It was a very ugly time for the southside schools. Things were very polarized and there was very little "school pride" during that time.

I have very fond memories of my years at Roosevelt Jr. High but busing, racial violence and white flight pretty much ruined my high school experience...

Don't get me wrong....I think that it was very big in bringing the races together and bringing down racial barriers but it was not without some very difficult times along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideSooner View Post
    I was in the class of '75 at Capitol Hill but don't have much nice to say about it.

My first year of high school was the first year of the "Finger plan". I grew up thinking that I would attend Grant but was bused to Capitol Hill instead. It was a very ugly time for the southside schools. Things were very polarized and there was very little "school pride" during that time.

I have very fond memories of my years at Roosevelt Jr. High but busing, racial violence and white flight pretty much ruined my high school experience...

Don't get me wrong....I think that it was very big in bringing the races together and bringing down racial barriers but it was not without some very difficult times along the way.
    I know where your coming from I was mixed up in that same turmoil back then. It made for some needless to say interesting school years.

Thread Information