Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Fe Garage

Default Re: Santa Fe Garage

Got another memo that monthly parking is again going up again.

A year ago it went from around $85 to $115 per month for unreserved parking.
    Now it went up $5 to $120 per month and will be implemented July 1.

Fence is down.

It looks like they are using up-lighting to highlight the reflective elements.

5. Default Re: Santa Fe Garage

In response to a snarky tweet I sent out today, @ParkingOKC told me that RFPs for new elevators are going out next week. Huzzah!

6. Default Re: Santa Fe Garage

Can we request an RFP to put a new facade on the thing too? LOL

Blog Entries

The reflective elements are not lit themselves, just getting the reflection from the entry light. That entries are lit, and look nice, but only went in front of them, whereas in totality it still looks quite bad, though admittedly less so at night.

New elevators should have been installed first. It still needs a paint job and windscreens so tenants can have patio options.

I am still trying to figure out if they plan to paint or clean the old dirty concrete facade..?

over all.. the appearance didn't change or improve much.. I wouldn't even say its Lipstick on a pig.. maybe lipgloss?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    over all.. the appearance didn't change or improve much.. I wouldn't even say its Lipstick on a pig.. maybe lipgloss?
    the very last bit of the lipgloss where you'd look at it and say, ewww, I've had that for so long and there is some lint and stuff on it, I'll just throw it away and buy another one.

13. Default Re: Santa Fe Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    the very last bit of the lipgloss where you'd look at it and say, ewww, I've had that for so long and there is some lint and stuff on it, I'll just throw it away and buy another one.
    You have a lot of experience with lipgloss????

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    You have a lot of experience with lipgloss????
    haha totally

I was thinking of chapstick, but I think lipgloss and chapstick are the same thing pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    bahahahahahaha, very funny analogy.

Man, this thing is just so awkward to look it.

I think it was almost better before.. because it didn't look like they TRIED to make it look better. it brings more attention to how bad it is.
    some sort of abstract murual or something on it would be better I dont know but it didn't improve it in my opinion.

I try not to be negative...but...this is bad. The new part in no way matches the old. The money could have been better used to paint the garage or put some real money into it, remove the façade keep the garage structure and put on a new modern façade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I think it was almost better before.. because it didn't look like they TRIED to make it look better. it brings more attention to how bad it is.
    Yes. It's like those bad home renovations where they stucco (or "stucco") over perfectly good brick and put up fake pillars and try to make a traditional house look Mediterranean or something. Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    bahahahahahaha, very funny analogy.

Man, this thing is just so awkward to look it.
    I know right haha... it's bad, like did they really do that... almost that awkward

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    I am still trying to figure out if they plan to paint or clean the old dirty concrete facade..?
    No kidding, not sure why they thought those wierd metal peices were a better use of funds than an fresh coat of paint or stain.

Yeah, I would compare it more to chapstick on a pig; a pig that has herpes.

22. Default Re: Santa Fe Garage

Couldn't they bring life to EKG by opening up those storefronts on the bottom level? Right now they're filled in creating a horrible 2 block long wall of nothingness.

I wish we could split the garage in two and have Park Ave intersection, opening up the street retail. ... What a poorly designed garage.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Couldn't they bring life to EKG by opening up those storefronts on the bottom level? Right now they're filled in creating a horrible 2 block long wall of nothingness.

I wish we could split the garage in two and have Park Ave intersection, opening up the street retail. ... What a poorly designed garage.
    Is there actual space for storefronts there?

24. Default Re: Santa Fe Garage

take a look along EKG, it looks covered up/filled in along the ground level. I wish we could open that with glass and doors with some mom/pop restaurants, small shoppes, etc.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    take a look along EKG, it looks covered up/filled in along the ground level. I wish we could open that with glass and doors with some mom/pop restaurants, small shoppes, etc.
    That might improve the looks but I'm just not sure how successful those businesses would be in that area.

Thread Information