Widgets Magazine

Thread: MWC storm shelter grants?

Default MWC storm shelter grants?

I heard that MWC is giving out grants to help cover the cost of storm shelters. Has anybody else heard about this and if so where can I find the information?

Default Re: MWC storm shelter grants?

Our neighbor just told us he got a grant, but it's too late to apply now. Wish I had heard about it before also!

3. Default Re: MWC storm shelter grants?

I put my name in on the state drawing for up to a $2,500 tax rebate, but didn't get picked.

4. Default Re: MWC storm shelter grants?

If you call the Midwest City grants department, yes there is such a thing, i believe you can get the info, but there is a time frame in the fall to apply. its provided through the hospital authority and they have community grants for everything.

My in-laws got drawn for one this year and are waiting to have it put in. I don't have the details of what they did, but I think mmonroe's post is a good place to start. If I'm not mistaken theirs was for $2000.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate the help.

Speaking of storm shelters, has anyone bought and had one installed recently? If so would you recommend the company?

Where are you? I have a friend whose company in eastern Cleveland County pours 'em.

I'm also looking for someone who can do one above ground with wheelchair access - MWC or eastern OK county area. Lots of companies, but haven't seen any recommendations on that type.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    I'm also looking for someone who can do one above ground with wheelchair access - MWC or eastern OK county area. Lots of companies, but haven't seen any recommendations on that type.
    Try Biggs backhoe out of piedmont. They seem to do a good job and don't use the dangerous in garage floor type.

I try to keep an updated list of all the storm shelter rebate programs in Oklahoma. It's tough to keep track of every one, but you can find a small list below.

http://okstormshelters.com/rebates/

Also, if you want to know if your state, county or city has a rebate program for storm shelters, contact the respective (State/County/City) Department of Emergency Management for more information. They will be the ones administering the program and will be able to tell you the program rules and how to apply.

Thread Information