Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KTOK shakeup?

Default Re: KTOK shakeup?

The unions were involved in MAPS III because they wanted the city to spend more money on emergency services instead of capital improvements. Shannon's motives were more Tea Party-esque. It was more of a marriage of convenience than principal.

I guess now that we don't have to listen to the eggman, KTOK is going to cram Randy Renner down our throats. no pun intended.

My dad was let go around 1990 in the same manner as Jerry. It's about money, not talent.

Quote Originally Posted by cat62 View Post
    My dad was let go around 1990 in the same manner as Jerry [Bohnen]. It's about money, not talent.
    I reported news and anchored newscasts for KTOK Radio for nearly seven and a half years. I worked under your dad and/or Jerry Bohnen all of those years. I recall how KTOK dispatched your dad, Cat62.

I recently learned that KTOK/CCC dumped Jerry. I learned from an absolutely reliable source the disgusting, inhumane way KTOK/Cheap Channel Communications dispatched him. I won't go into details.

I was in radio for nineteen years. During those years I was either witness to or victim of radio station dismissals. It's never fun to lose a job, but the sudden way KTOK dispatched Jerry, after thirty-three years, turned my stomach.

Yes, it's not always about talent. Radio is a business - but no one deserves to lose his/her job in the totally undignified, cold, corporate manner your dad and Jerry Bohnen did. I wish Jerry well.

Thread Information